• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this shit with a splash of grapefruit juice and a splash of tonic water is my backyard quarantine mistress

kob-product-grapefruitrose-v2_1024x1024.png

Okay, wasn't sure if Madison Park was the new place or old place.

2020 negative for you, your posting mentor has been locked into his own thread.

My good drives are about 260-270 now, but I'll routinely hit it 235+. My great ones are an extra 20 yards or so. I used to roll one 300 yards occasionally when I was younger and played with less advanced equipment but had better hand eye coordination. If I could hit 255 in the fairway everytime, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I don't really have a driver distance from the range though. Those are just the distances on the driving holes I play and are influenced positively and negatively by hills.

I hit my 6 iron around 200 consistently and almost always down the middle. I can bomb a driver but it’s a 25 percent chance to land in the fairway. What do you think I generally hit off of the tee? I could be a passable golfer if I wasn’t a moron.

I hit my 6 iron around 200 consistently and almost always down the middle. I can bomb a driver but it’s a 25 percent chance to land in the fairway. What do you think I generally hit off of the tee? I could be a passable golfer if I wasn’t a moron.

Whoa. I have to smoke a 6 iron to get it 200, and I hit a good drive 290-310, sometimes farther when wind/hill/roll aided. You can def bang.

looking for the interview with daft punk when random access memories came out where they were like no we're not happy with the record but it'll still be the best record of the decade or something to that effect

I'm no golf coach, but if you're hitting your 6-iron 200 yards consistently, you're wasting your time as a teacher.

i would have thought the tour avg for driver and woods was higher than that

i do not carry a driver and play with a 3 wood because it's what i have and i play golf for fun a couple times a year, but i'm regularly hitting it 240-260 off the tee, i think?

It’s been awhile but locomotivebreath checked in by PM

Hey fuckface. It's real funny how when you were a moderator (on the board you ruined), you were real quick to fire off a chastising and sometimes threatening message. Now, with no perceived power, you don't say shit. What a shocker. Pussy.

Unfortunately there’s a lot more to golf than how far you can hit your irons. My approach is bleh and my short game is ratty. I’m your typical big dude hacker I would guess.

i would have thought the tour avg for driver and woods was higher than that

i do not carry a driver and play with a 3 wood because it's what i have and i play golf for fun a couple times a year, but i'm regularly hitting it 240-260 off the tee, i think?

Yeah I think that's a little low too, but keep in mind that's only carry. Most of their courses are hard/fast, so a 243 carry goes 260 easy. I'd guess the average 3W carry is prob 260 with 275 total, though. That's about where I am. My problem is when I get inside 120 yards I'm light years behind the pros.

Yeah, I love when I bomb one off the tee on a short Par 4 and then take four shots to get down.

Back to my earlier post about needing to get back in the gym, I can actually feel myself getting lose at the top of my overswing, which just throws everything off timing wise, and it's almost certainly related to losing a little muscle since the fucking coronavirus thing started.

lk would know the short par four that goes way downhill and way uphill and starts off the back 9, either # 11 or 12 at pine brook (whatever it's called now), i used to nearly always drive the green there but never in my life birdied the hole

Back to my earlier post about needing to get back in the gym, I can actually feel myself getting lose at the top of my overswing, which just throws everything off timing wise, and it's almost certainly related to losing a little muscle since the fucking coronavirus thing started.

Push-ups and shoulder resistance band exercises. I've posted that on here before, but they've helped my distance and consistency a lot this year. Simple core exercises (heel taps, leg extensions, full body crunches, etc) too.

Holy fucking shit. 200 yards out of a 6 iron? I'm 165 if I'm SMOKING it.

Push-ups and shoulder resistance band exercises. I've posted that on here before, but they've helped my distance and consistency a lot this year. Simple core exercises (heel taps, leg extensions, full body crunches, etc) too.

And yoga. Lots of yoga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back