• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story but we did a 13 hour drive to quarantine and chill in Maine for the week and have seen two SICK retro Broncos the last few days. So jelly.

Help out an old. What is TikTok doing now better than Vine was doing way back when it was popular?

In addition to what's already been mentioned, I think it differentiates itself from Vine with video length (launched with 15 second max vs. Vines 6, now up to a minute) and I'm not a user but I have heard people say the "For You" curation/feed is tops for a social network.

Instead of dril tweets which I have no idea what that references, I'm going to need townie to make tik tok impression videos of posters

there is a surpringly long lineage of inventors/engineers/scientists trying to "recreate the voice" out of thin air or of a specific person

Kempelen's speaking machine is my favorite

What's a good APR on a used car these days? Like what interest rate is too high where you'd just be like nope. I'm not finding like the 0% APR offers, I guess those are only available for new cars?

No one? Or do wake grads only buy new and leave the used cars to the state school kids?

Yeah I don’t think 0% on used is a thing. I just bought a used car and my rate is 4.9% and I have excellent credit.

No one? Or do wake grads only buy new and leave the used cars to the state school kids?

I used a local credit union and got 2.8% for my car (6 years old). So that’s your best bet if you can qualify to get in with one. Otherwise as bmoney said 0% is def not a thing and you’re probably looking at something in the 4s.

Long story but we did a 13 hour drive to quarantine and chill in Maine for the week and have seen two SICK retro Broncos the last few days. So jelly.

So when you went up did you get stopped at the border or have to register or anything? I don't know where it all stands now, but for a while they were requiring all out-of-staters to provide the address of where they would be quarantining for 2 weeks. My wife's entire family is up there and she's talking about maybe driving up this summer.

Yeah, we've got a bunch of those vintage Broncos here in the hood. Sweet ride. I've been thinking about letting the daughter have the Jeep when she turns 16 in a couple of years and getting myself one of those new Broncos if they get good reviews.

Also a handful of those old Rover Defenders around, which look cool but aren't really all that great if you're not on safari.

So when you went up did you get stopped at the border or have to register or anything? I don't know where it all stands now, but for a while they were requiring all out-of-staters to provide the address of where they would be quarantining for 2 weeks. My wife's entire family is up there and she's talking about maybe driving up this summer.

Getting pulled over for trying to vacation in Maine is the ultimate "driving while white" shakedown.

are Land Rovers actually reliable now? saw a ton of Range Rovers and Discoveries at the beach. those, along with the Porsche Cayenne, seem to be the luxury SUVs of choice these days.

It seems like they've gotten a little better. Tahoe or Suburban is just more practial imo. Cayenne is great if it's got enough room for you and you need to go 175 mph.

Yeah I don’t think 0% on used is a thing. I just bought a used car and my rate is 4.9% and I have excellent credit.

They suckered you big time. When I bought my last car (2016 in 2018), the dealer prepared all the docs with a 4.75% rate. I had already done research online and found a 2.0% rate from some credit union or online financing company. Called the salesman back and they matched the 2% immediately.

It seems like they've gotten a little better. Tahoe or Suburban is just more practial imo. Cayenne is great if it's got enough room for you and you need to go 175 mph.

My friend has a Macan S that is sick for a smaller SUV but definitely overkill for day-to-day purposes.

Yeah we weren’t quite sure what to expect since we are pretty conspicuous with an NC plate but haven’t had any issues. We got tested (negative) before we left and are staying right on the beach so don’t really have much need to go anywhere. Obviously are wearing masks and respecting all local policies but no issues whatsoever thus far.

One kind of funny coincidence is that we met the woman who owns this house (like a split downstairs owner/upstairs Airbnb situation) and she lives like 10 minutes from us in Durham most of the year.

They suckered you big time. When I bought my last car (2016 in 2018), the dealer prepared all the docs with a 4.75% rate. I had already done research online and found a 2.0% rate from some credit union or online financing company. Called the salesman back and they matched the 2% immediately.

oh sike it was actually 3.9% but i actually just paid it off like a month in because they knocked off $500 to finance with them. good to know for future purchase though.

zRqDD1n
zRqDD1n
speedometer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back