• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why is rj still allowed to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My contention is that rj needed a 7 day temporary ban to cool down. If he got worked up enough to post something that heinous, then it would’ve been good for him to take a short break from the boards. This is not about judging someone forever for making a mistake. This is about whether this board wants to tolerate rhetoric that is on the level of “you are a Jew who would’ve turned in your fellow Jews to the Nazis”. My point is that we shouldn’t.

That's fair. RJ, would you take a 7 day ban in order to have peace with your fellow posters?

Strick and Townie, would you continue to post if RJ agreed to a 7 day ban for that comment? Then, maybe everyone could move forward with a clean slate and try to work on becoming a community?

Why can't we all get along? I sincerely hope Wake has a great year in all our sport's programs and we can all enjoy the excitement together.

My contention is that rj needed a 7 day temporary ban to cool down. If he got worked up enough to post something that heinous, then it would’ve been good for him to take a short break from the boards. This is not about judging someone forever for making a mistake. This is about whether this board wants to tolerate rhetoric that is on the level of “you are a Jew who would’ve turned in your fellow Jews to the Nazis”. My point is that we shouldn’t.

1. I thought the ban he got for Junebug was weak so it evens out.
2. Any cool down purpose is gone since he made that post weeks ago anyway.

1. I thought the ban he got for Junebug was weak so it evens out.
2. Any cool down purpose is gone since he made that post weeks ago anyway.

Wait a second, you mean using a line from Ocean's Eleven shouldn't be bannable?

Seriously???

Fuck a 7 day ban.

We are way, way, way, way past temporary bans at this point.

How are any of you seriously advocating for this guy? Jesus.

because they’re entertained by his antics and that’s about it

"Strickland is the kind of Jew who creates Nazis. His posting history shows he'd likely have been a collaborator turning in fellow Jews hoping for an extra morsel of bread."

Fuck a 7 day ban.

We are way, way, way, way past temporary bans at this point.

How are any of you seriously advocating for this guy? Jesus.

What he posted was pretty awful. The fact that he took it down and apologized means nothing. He should be gone, but that won't happen. A 30 day suspension might calm him down. A suspension needs to happen.

RJKarl, who I do not know personally so I can only evaluate him through his posts, evidently has psychological problems and a sad, lonely life. He's on these boards way too much and has been for many years.

"Strickland is the kind of Jew who creates Nazis. His posting history shows he'd likely have been a collaborator turning in fellow Jews hoping for an extra morsel of bread."

That's some pretty good needling !

It's not like he said "Uncle Thomas" once. It was his thing for a long time.

That's fair. RJ, would you take a 7 day ban in order to have peace with your fellow posters?

Strick and Townie, would you continue to post if RJ agreed to a 7 day ban for that comment? Then, maybe everyone could move forward with a clean slate and try to work on becoming a community?

I like this. rj’s heir Creamy negotiating a peace settlement.

Obviously Creamy is new here and not familiar with RJKarl.

nobody treated you in any way like "you are a jew that creates nazis." And if anyone even came close to calling you anything like that, you would not have let the mods hear the end of it until that person got a temporary ban.

People bring up your name and make fun of you because you have made yourself a board personality by posting 75 thousand times in 9 years (which averages almost 23 posts a day, in case you are curious). If you don't want them to do that, then either stop posting or start being really boring with your posts. People bring up and make fun of every poster here who posts a lot. There are jokes about Ph, jokes about dv7, jokes about Strick, jokes about Townie, jokes about Biff. What most people would call a joke you call a vicious personal attack.

People still make butt fucking gay jokes with me all the time. Have you ever seen me lash out at anyone like you did to Strick? No, because I put them in the proper context. They aren't vicious personal attacks. They are jokes about the persona I have had on this board.

Jennifer-Hudson-Enthusiastic-Applause-Lady-Gaga-Big-Win-Everything.gif

Wait, there jokes about BiffTannen ?

These microaggressions will not stand !!

True, just archive this board into a time capsule with the note, for example of snowflake boomer in action just read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back