• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why is rj still allowed to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remarkably similar to Snyder reviewing the Washington mascot.

how many more posters have to leave before you wrap up this super thorough investigation
Full disclosure, waiting on input from a couple other mods.

We don't make decisions without giving a reasonable chance to get all of the mod's input. It will not go unaddressed in some way, shape, or form on District 13.

As you know, other than asking how to change my title (or about board loading), I don't think I've sent a PM to a Mod in a couple of years.

I've admitted I was wrong on multiple threads. I've apologized without any qualifications and unconditionally multiple times.

People make mistakes. I made one.

We can have peace and fun if people want that. I can't act for others only for me.

As you know, other than asking how to change my title (or about board loading), I don't think I've sent a PM to a Mod in a couple of years.

I've admitted I was wrong on multiple threads. I've apologized without any qualifications and unconditionally multiple times.

People make mistakes. I made one.

We can have peace and fun if people want that. I can't act for others only for me.

I thought you were going to be banned for how annoying you are?....

Damnit.

in 2 weeks there will be 4 posters on these boards...and RJ will be one of them. Save what good is left of Wake sports mods....rid us of this disgustingly annoying waste of life!

That needed to stand alone. I was wrong.

Now, we're going to look at something and then show a positive that some aren't even realizing.

Yes, I was wrong. But to not see how it happened would be being wrong in a different way. For years, Strickland has attacked me on average more than on a daily basis. He even insulted me and hurled personal attacks when he knew I wasn't responding unless it was copied. What's the purpose of bullying anyone that much? As I've said, I privately reached out to him on multiple occasions. Each time, he spat in my face, told he wouldn't consider toning it down and that I would just have accept any amount of shit he wanted to give me. To say the constant drum beat wasn't a major factor would be wrong and that is shouldn't be a major part of consideration would be wrong also.

Now for something positive, something unexpected. As we all know "the greatest journey starts with a single step". Well, whether you realize it or not, we have taken that step without intending to do so. Over the past couple of days, there hasn't been a single fight on the boards. Hell, even DeacMan and I are interacting without a single spark igniting. I grant you we haven't had a full roster. However, you don't snap your fingers and have a 10,000 square foot house. You have to place the first stones or bricks. We've shown that peace can be achieved.

It may only be one brick or two bricks, but we can add another brick to the wall and another. We've shown it's possible even if we weren't doing it as part of plan. Peace just broke out. We've proven it can be done.

Last edited:
I thought you were going to be banned for how annoying you are?....

Damnit.

in 2 weeks there will be 4 posters on these boards...and RJ will be one of them. Save what good is left of Wake sports mods....rid us of this disgustingly annoying waste of life!

People want rj banned for a comment however long ago yet they constantly barrage him with stuff like calling him an annoying waste of life. Grow the fuck up. Some of you people are beyond ridiculous.

People want rj banned for a comment however long ago yet they constantly barrage him with stuff like calling him an annoying waste of life. Grow the fuck up. Some of you people are beyond ridiculous.

Correct. And it's some schmuck with 75 posts. Dan, you have no idea what constitutes truly annoying on these boards. Do you even know of Lectro or BKF, or worst of all, Wrangor, bro? Let the grown ups handle this.

Correct. And it's some schmuck with 75 posts. Dan, you have no idea what constitutes truly annoying on these boards. Do you even know of Lectro or BKF, or worst of all, Wrangor, bro? Let the grown ups handle this.

Yep

yes I do. Lectro was cool with his football takes. Bob knight fan was obnoxious...always...and IDGAF how much of your spare time you choose to spend on here or how many posts you've contributed. RJ brings nothing to these boards...and never has. dont have to post alot to be around a long time. to me it shows more constraint...but carry on "grown" up

Put me in the camp that won't come here anymore if RJ isn't banned. Not that my presence matters really but this place generally sucks now and RJ is the ringleader.

also dont label yourself a grown up if you call other people "bro"

Put me in the camp that won't come here anymore if RJ isn't banned. Not that my presence matters really but this place generally sucks now and RJ is the ringleader.

Come back to The Brick Squad. Watching you argue with the college kids And my brother in clan chat was the highlight of me logging in.

I don’t often agree with Shoo, but here we are. If RJKarl causes you to rage quit, there are things in your life offline you need to handle before worrying about a message board.

There is plenty of self righteous indignation on these boards. And there is a subset of people who engage in "purity" of belief who have no problems proclaiming themselves character judge and jury by tossing a political or moral scarlet letter on someone and/or engage in some over the top insults themselves. In other words, those who want to portend some sort of superior position on an issue typically have little trouble tossing others into a flaming caldera. They've never needed a moderator to do their bidding. RJ is a lightening rod for this stuff because he not only engages in these behaviors himself, but in doing so will label himself as the biggest victim of the mistreatment. These boards were founded on the idea people could always talk freely and fend for themselves. The word FREELY has been in the banner since day 1. They are here in large part because I and other mods on the old boards tried and failed at trying to apply standards of decency. I was unaware the boards have come full circle in that regard and have been banned numerous posters. I'm just not around nearly as much as many years ago. Mods will do what they'll do (I know it is hard to draw lines in a place where plenty of people can be really impetuous in what they write). But for my own 2 cents I don't get what a call for a week long suspension is going to accomplish practically when some flavor of this has been going on for decades. He makes a bed. People tell him to go lie in it. Is it not clear no one supports what he did?

As for what he wrote, it's at the apex of the insult pyramids on these boards. And that takes real effort. RJ being Jewish knew exactly how that would hit. To assert someone's character is so devoid of morality that there's no doubt they'd trade the life of a fellow concentration camp prisoner for a crumb of added food? And then to insinuate he'd do that trade it in such a way that it would turn people into Nazis? Eesh.

This message is hidden because RJKarl is on your ignore list.

I've had rj on ignore for a few years now but it's not a complete fix because some of you dumbasses continue to engage him in discussions that derail threads, especially when you have had enough history with him to know what his reaction/response will be. Some posters put in far too much effort trying to dispel his stupid claims. Why continuously put everyone through that when you don't even value his opinion anyway? Can't you just put him on ignore or if for some reason you can't, at least chalk up his posts as "crazy man says some crazy shit" & move on without comment? Turn off the r(j)adar.

And please for the love of Carl Tacy's comb-over, DO NOT QUOTE rj because then I do have to see his posts as well.

This. Christ people, who gives a shit what RJ says on a message board? The more attention he gets, the more he acts out. Just ignore him. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back