• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia vs Werewolves - Starting 7/6 - Signups Closed - Roles in AM

I really don't use soy sauce on sushi (or nigiri or sashimi). Just some wasabi, depending on what it is. Am I doing it wrong?

Also, what is the strangest place you have ever found a good sushi restaurant? I think my favorite is in Colombia, SC, of all places. Found a surprisingly good one in Fayetteville as well.

I'm not a huge fan of it on sushi either, but I know a lot of people are. So, if that's your jam, stick with kikkoman and don't buy the Pearl River Bridge.

I'm playing. Sadly I have no soy sauce takes

Like carrot cake, my food opinions are truly elite

I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean

I've been using sanj tamari most of the time, dont see a difference much. Not sure why I pay more, makes me feel like I'm eating less chemicals, which I can make up for by eating twinkies and shit.

I'm irrationally excited that a building would let us pay rent using credit cards with no fees. That's like $150 per mo in free rewards + the ability to churn with no effort!

I'm irrationally excited that a building would let us pay rent using credit cards with no fees. That's like $150 per mo in free rewards + the ability to churn with no effort!

Yeah. I tried to switch my mortgage to a card for the points a couple of years back. Apparently they frown on that.

The Hobbit
Curse of the One Ring​

A Mafia Game by Knight​

General Rules
Please note that there are changes from our traditional game rules:
The rule of good faith applies to this game – if I feel you are acting in bad faith with regard to the rules, I reserve the right to admin kill you.

Communication Restrictions
1. Editing a post will result in death. DO NOT EDIT ANY POST. The same applies to post deletion. DO NOT DELETE ANY POST.

2. YOU MAY NOT POST AFTER NIGHT IS CALLED. Posting after NIGHT is called may result in death. CHECK YOUR PMs AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH DAY.

3. PARTICIPATION IS CRUCIAL. Each player may unintentionally miss a total of one vote. If a player misses a second vote without sufficient justification, then they will be killed by an administrator. Please feel free to contact an administrator if you know you may miss a vote; we will work with you. Proxy votes should be submitted to all moderators listed on the first page. CHECK YOUR PMs AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH DAY (yes, twice).

4. While alive, you may not communicate with other players outside of the game thread unless otherwise stated in your role or in the rules. Mafia members may communicate with each other throughout the game. When a mafia player dies, they may remain in the mafia chat to participate. I recommend using Chatzy (http://www.chatzy.com) for your communication purposes. Upon the first civilian player’s death, a dead player’s chat room will be established. You will be sent a link to the chat shortly after your death by other dead players or a moderator. If an anti-town faction is completely eliminated, they will be invited to join the dead chat.

5. You are encouraged to lie, trick, or truth your way to the win. Unless noted in your role PM, you can reveal anything you want about your character. However, do not disclose chatzy links. Role claim at your own leisure and peril. Again, the rule of good faith applies.

Voting Mechanics
6. There are two acceptable methods of voting for a player: posting their name in bold OR surrounded by six asterisks. For example, Knight or ***Knight***. You may embed this vote within a larger post, but if you use a style you are relegated to using ONLY that style. To change your vote, simply make a new post and include “switch to” before your new target. REMINDER: do not edit your posts. To bold a word, place a lowercase b within brackets at the beginning of the word, and then, after the word, post another lower case b within brackets, but include a forward slash in front of the b. The following example will work if you remove the spaces around the b letters: [ b ] Knight [ /b ].

7. Votes entered after the voting deadline will not be counted. The voting deadline will always include the last minute listed. For example, a deadline of 11:00AM includes all votes up to 11:00:59AM, but not votes at 11:01:00AM. To be safe from Night posting, unless you have something very important to post, it is ‘best practice’ to refrain from posting/voting during the last minute of a day. The board clock will be the controlling measurement of time.

8. You may vote for yourself. You may also switch to no vote or abstain during a round, but you must enter a vote for a player before the Day ends. If you fail to vote for a player (or ”no vote”/abstain) for two rounds, you will be killed per Rule 3.

9. Night Actions may be PMed to a Mod ANYTIME before the end of the Night. After the town chooses a player to kill, there will be a five minute window for any exercise of a governor role. Any player receiving a governor role should be very sensitive to being present for deadlines. After Night has elapsed, a Moderator will post any hits or actions taken during the night (Mafia, Vig, Protection). For example,
“Knight posts: NIGHT
“Knight posts: |MegamanCharacter| was gathered up by the townsfolk and turned into a Christmas tree ornament. Any governor has 5 minutes.” (Governors PM a moderator within 5 minutes if they wish to save MegamanCharacter)
After five minutes has gone by, Night Actions have 15 Minutes.
(A flurry of PMs are sent to moderators from those with Night Actions and one from the active Mafia issuing a hit)
“Knight posts: “|MyWifeCharacter| was finally attacked and beaten to death for making sloppy eggs by JethroWhiteCharacter.”
“Knight posts: Day 4 begins. You may now post. Day 4 will end at 10:30AM tomorrow.”

10. Mafia 1 and 2 will take turns with hits, beginning with Mafia 1 on night 1. If one Mafia is completely eliminated, the other mafia will obtain a hit every night instead of every other night.

Overtime and Majority Kills
11. During the day, if the lynch vote is tied at the deadline, there will be a 10 minute overtime. This overtime will automatically end the moment any player has more votes than any other player in the OT tie. If the tie is not broken during OT, one of the players in the tie will be killed via RNG.

12. During a day, it may become apparent that a clear majority of players wish to terminate the existence of another player. This is entirely understandable; I’ve played with SLT before as well. A Majority Lynch will go into effect once more than 50% of the players (rounded up) reach a consensus with their votes. Majorities take effect as soon as the vote is cast that creates a majority. If a majority is reached without the presence of a moderator, then play proceeds as normal until a moderator arrives, with the exception that vote changes do not have an impact. No Majority lynches will be called with six or fewer players remaining.

13. During this game, I will make mistakes. You may become angered. I will genuinely regret the difficulties that result from my error, but don’t press your luck. I will destroy everything you love.

14. All players were sent a PM. If you did not receive a PM, please make a moderator aware.

HOW TO PM
Any PM sent to a moderator should have your Character Name. Make it easy on me, folks, this is a big game. Additionally, if you want to investigate, vig hit, or anything else, please include that information. Do not just send me a PM with another player’s name. Any PM sent should look something like the following:

Dearest Mod,
For my night actions this evening I would like to use my first/second/last vig hit on YourWifeCharacter. Also, I would like to use my protection ability to protect YourGirlFriendCharacter. Lastly, I will not be here for the next night’s vote, so please proxy my vote for ThatCharacter. If ThatCharacter is dead, then please enter my vote for BagOfDicksCharacter. Thanks! <3

Winning Conditions
Victory is declared when:
a) Only players from Mafia 1 remain (no remaining civs, mafia or indys);
b) Only players from Mafia 2 remain (no remaining civs, mafia or indys);
c) An Independent has fulfilled all of their win conditions (this may not end the game for the rest of the players); or
d) The Civilians eliminate all Mafia and Indy players.

The One Ring
The One Ring, being an item of supreme magical power, bestows protection upon its bearer. If you possess The One Ring, you are immune from most night actions. However, if you are targeted with a kill, via town vote or a night kill, you will use the ring to escape the clutches of death. After the ring has saved a player, that player will lose the ring and another will gain it (based on a predetermined game mechanic). Additionally, players may voluntarily “pass” the ring to any other player by sending a PM to a Mod stating that they wish to give the ring to that other player. If you were roleblocked, you may not choose to hand off the ring until the beginning of the next night. If you are going to pass the ring you must name the player (not the character persona) that will receive the ring. There are many other benefits to having The One Ring, and it is essential to the success of many.

Powers Bestowed by The One Ring
1. Immunity from most night actions (an attempt on your life causes you to lose the ring as above).
2. The ability to detect evil (defined as players who are not aligned with your team – one alignment investigation per night).
3. The ability to communicate with the essence of your creator (you may receive a message from the ring’s creator at night.

Night Actions
The following abilities may be included in your role PM (all of these powers are not necessarily present in the game):
1. Vigilante Hit (Vig Hit) – Typical Mafia game power – you can choose to target one player during the night, and if you are successful, that player will die. PM a Mod your desired target, and the hit will be carried out. If a bodyguard is protecting the player, you may be killed in addition to the bodyguard.
2. Investigation (Alignment) – Similar to the typical Cop in Mafia games, you can investigate a player by PMing a mod your target during the night time specials phase. You will be returned ONLY the alignment (Civilian, Independent, or Mafia) of your target. THIS IS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE TRADITIONAL “MAFIA”/”NOT MAFIA” COP.
3. Investigation (Ringbearer) – Similar to the typical Cop role in Mafia games, you can investigate a player by PMing a mod your target during the night time specials phase. You will be returned ONLY information about whether or not the target currently possesses The One Ring. (NO RING, or HAS RING)
4. Investigation (Role) – Arguably more powerful than the other two Investigators combined, you will be able to learn the actual role PM information of a player. After you make your selected target known to a Mod, you will be given the exact information that player was given at the beginning of the game, their character name, alignment, and abilities. You may reveal this information at your leisure, but not in a copy/paste format.
5. Protect – Similar to an Angel role in a typical mafia game. You have protection powers and can prevent the demies for those on the brink of doom. If your target at night is the target of an attack, that attack will be thwarted. Your target will stay in the game as if they had never been killed. You may not protect yourself unless otherwise stated in your PM.
6. Heal – Similar to a Governor role in a typical mafia game. You have healing powers and can bring back those who are on the brink of doom. After a successful lynch, you may (within 5 minutes) choose to resurrect a player. The player will come back into the game as if they had never been killed. You may not heal yourself unless otherwise stated in your PM.

Night Actions will be said to have taken in the following order:
1. Heals (no more than 5 Minutes after the death of a player)
2. Role Blocks
3. Protection
4. Vig Hits (If a Mafia Hit and Vig hit target the same player, they will occur simultaneously. If the hit target is protected, the body guard affects will apply to both hits). If you hit a mafia player who was chosen to make a hit, that hit will fail.
5. Mafia Hits
6. Investigations (Will fail if the target is dead, or the investigator is dead)

Failed actions will not be returned to the player.

No chance I ever read a post that long

Yeah. I tried to switch my mortgage to a card for the points a couple of years back. Apparently they frown on that.

There are ways to do it. Back in the day there was a way to use the target card with basically unlimited cash for free. A guy that nonny and I know used to go to Kroger after work everyday to buy as many visa gift cards as he could and would liquidate them into money orders to buy points. No one talks about their secret good tricks anymore though, it only gets them shut down

I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean
I will not be mean

Carrot cake is the best cake

Back