• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

If all they said about Zion stiffing the agent is true, he came by his scamming honestly. Carlos Boozer screwed the generosity of the blind Cavs owner.

For those of you needing sports betting action, today is a sad day. NJ is banning betting on Ukrainian pro ping pong.

I wonder if Bolivian llama racing is still available.

If colleges can't play football until the Spring (if at all), will it be less likely to play bball at all this season?

As much as many of us would be tearing out hair and body parts, not having a bball season this year may help Forbes a great deal. He'll have more talent the following year.

This could be a tricky question- what happens to the grad transfers? Do colleges have to keep them around for a second year? Does the "student" part of their contracts/scholarships have to be honored?

How about regular transfers? If there's no season will the academic year count as sitting out?

Another question - What happens to some of the non-revenue spring sports if there is no fall football revenue to carry forward and fund athletic department operations in the spring? We've already seen what Stanford has done proactively, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I can't see too many schools taking on debt just to fund golf, volleyball, field hockey, track, etc...

I feel for the scholarship athletes in those sports especially. I hope schools find a way to honor their scholarships in some manner.

ARod and JLo are making a $1.7B bid to buy the Mets. That could be interesting. Roids in the coffee urns. Ball girls and boys dressed by JLo.

This thread is like an AM sports radio call in show. Thanks for taking my question RJ, I'll hang up and listen.

TV, that's a good one.

Maybe Mr. Dave and I should do a show. It could be fun.

I'd give you rep, but they won't let me.

ARod and JLo are making a $1.7B bid to buy the Mets. That could be interesting. Roids in the coffee urns. Ball girls and boys dressed by JLo.

it's crazy that at this point, i'm a big arod fan, even though i never liked him as a player.

This thread is like an AM sports radio call in show. Thanks for taking my question RJ, I'll hang up and listen.

LOL. It really does show the breadth of rj's opinions.

it's crazy that at this point, i'm a big arod fan, even though i never liked him as a player.

+1. I don't quite know how this happened; i think it's because I hate the yankees and now that he's just an ordinary billionaire i find myself liking him.

Most of the talk is around Dave Cohen - possibly a $2B bid. Even though he’s a crook, I’d be excited. He’d bring a money is no object approach to an analytics-based front office.

Most of the talk is around Dave Cohen - possibly a $2B bid. Even though he’s a crook, I’d be excited. He’d bring a money is no object approach to an analytics-based front office.

Cohen is who I really want. A-Rod and JLo seem like they'd be willing to spend and, despite him being a Yankee, A-Rod has grown on me, but Cohen has fuck you money. The Wilpons are so damn cheap and Cohen would be the perfect counter to how they've run the team. We need ownership that actually runs the team like it's in the biggest media market in the country.

So true. I was trying to think what this thread reminded me of and that’s exactly it.

as long as the mets continue to be a train wreck i'm happy

They put nets up in the park near my house the other day. I did a little shooting this morning.

I did my usual process of 5 L/R lay-ups, 5 shots from charge line, 10 shots from the dotted line in the lane. I took 50 FTS and hit 36. I wasn't happy, but wasn't unhappy considering I haven't really played in a couple of years. I planned on 20 threes, but stopped at 3/9 due two of those misses being really bad and having to chase the ball.

Hopefully, after a few more practices I get to consistently hitting about 40/50. That's not #humblebrag. FTs during practice are simply getting the mechanics right. Once you get into a rhythm, there's no thought involved.

Thanks, but too old...unless you keep me on the bench to take FTs in case a teammate gets hurt. :)

Or you could go back to the old Iowa 6-on-6 girls basketball rules and I could just shoot.

Last edited:
If only we had RJ to take those technical FTs instead of Levy :-(

Back