• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

ESPN is reporting that NFL owners are considering calling being Covid positive a "non-football injury". That this is even an issue should get the entire executive slate of the NFLPA should be fired and given no severance. The NFLPA is so subservient that owners are floating this shows unions have failed. No other workplace in America could believe they could get away with such a stance.

To even bring it up shows the owners know the NFLPA is completely toothless. It is the weakest union in America for its members. The fact they allow non-guaranteed contracts in a sport with a virtually 100% injury rate is appalling. That the teams can cancel a contract but the players can't exists is beyond comprehension. Allowing a hard cap shows the abject weakness of the union.

The NFL might as well name the entire executive board considering how little the NFLPA has stood up for its members for the past fifty years.

What is the normal protocol when a player gets the flu and misses a game?

RJ, dessert thread on the pit. What's your favorite dessert?

Single serving chocolate mousse cake from Great Dane Bakery (may have changed name to Butter & Cream) in Huntington Beach. It's two layers of chocolate cake with a layer of chocolate mousse in between. It's covered in chocolate icing, dark chocolate slivers and 2-3 raspberries.

Perfect with milk, cabernet or best cognac.

This is a bit more intense than a normal flu.

Not interested in debating covid vs flu. Just wondering what the normal procedure was. Not sure what the real difference is between missing a game for having covid or the flu. Or chickenpox. Just wondering if NFL players get sick leave I guess.

The Governor of TX is allowing 50,000 to attend today's NASCAR race. I'm sure all those people will wear masks and socially distance.

Apparently Dwight Howard is an anti-vaxxer and refuses additional tests. If he doesn't take them, he needs be kicked out of the bubble.

Steven Adams made a fun observation. He thinks there will be a ton of technical called in Orlando due to having no fan noise obscuring what players say to refs. Too bad Joey Crawford isn't unretiring for this.

The Governor of TX is allowing 50,000 to attend today's NASCAR race. I'm sure all those people will wear masks and socially distance.

Actually, the Guv himself is there, dispensing autographed face masks saying Make Americans Breathe Again.

Apparently Dwight Howard is an anti-vaxxer and refuses additional tests. If he doesn't take them, he needs be kicked out of the bubble.

Steven Adams made a fun observation. He thinks there will be a ton of technical called in Orlando due to having no fan noise obscuring what players say to refs. Too bad Joey Crawford isn't unretiring for this.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RJKarl again.

Single serving chocolate mousse cake from Great Dane Bakery (may have changed name to Butter & Cream) in Huntington Beach. It's two layers of chocolate cake with a layer of chocolate mousse in between. It's covered in chocolate icing, dark chocolate slivers and 2-3 raspberries.

Perfect with milk, cabernet or best cognac.

Damn it I want now.

You'll have to wait until tomorrow. They aren't open on Mondays.

Maybe Adam Silver should be POTUS. ZERO positive test in the NBA "bubble" versus many positives in the White House.

Hmmmmmmmmm

If I was a Top 50ish guy scheduled to graduate in 21 and could reclassify to enter college in a few weeks, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If there's a possibility that there won't be a HS season or a limited one and am qualified for college, I'd go. One would be a year closer to the NBA.

Now that the NFL is being called Washington Football Team, maybe Dan Snyder should call the guys from America for the new name.

Neither Dewey nor Gerry would confirm or deny how they came up with their biggest hit. They just smiled when I asked them.

I’m starting to think college football will be played. At least until teams have to forfeit due to lack of healthy players. If nothing else, they’ll have a late winter/early spring start, but I’m thinking September is still a possibility.

I’m starting to think college football will be played. At least until teams have to forfeit due to lack of healthy players. If nothing else, they’ll have a late winter/early spring start, but I’m thinking September is still a possibility.

More and more I am hearing of starting college football in September.

I agree that it will last until too many teams forfeit because of lack of players. Or until player lawsuits shut it down.

Or until the college football equivalent of Duke in college basketball shuts things down.

Back