• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

We need a big...or two...I'd like to see a bruiser/defender and a stretch PF. A shooter would be nice.

That guy Aidoo is intriguing. He seems to be able to do a lot of things.

I'd definitely be happy with Aidoo. Posted something similar on recruiting thread but we would be sitting pretty if we can get 1 of Weston/Coleman, 1 of Aidoo/Mading and then snag the best available for the 4th guy. It should give us a top-25 class.

I imagine Forbes has solid backup options, too. Manning would strike out on top-50 guys and then offer 500 ranked guys. I imagine Forbes will keep us in the top-200 range with his backups. I think a guy like Daniel Nixon could end up ranked somewhere 175-200 and he is in our backyard.

There's also the issue of the virus. What happens to seniors if there is no HS bball?

What happens to colleges if there is no season? Do kids get extra eligibility? Do schools get extra scholarships because of that?

If kids get an extra year, what happens to the kids who commit expecting spots to be open? Will they stay or go elsewhere?

If there's no season and extra eligibility will bball recruiting be like football where commitments aren't real until signing day?

Kidd apparently liked Clemson better than Wake. I read that Kidd prefers to red shirt next year and Clemson agreed. His attendance at IMG was to give him an additional year to develop and strengthen his injured leg before competing against ACC level players. Wake was pushing him to play immediately. Academics may be involved as well.

I like Lucas Taylor. There are a number of higher ranked wings that are being pursued but he has blown up. UNC is talking to him as a back up to the three 5* wings they are recruiting. He seemed to appreciate Wake for being his first ACC offer and first major North Carolina offer. He'd also help reach Forbes goal of making an impact in the Carolina's. He might respond early if given a push. Bird in hand.

I don't like the Dodgers, but Joe Kelly shouldn't have been suspended 8 games without even hitting the guy. The most it should have been in a short season is 2-3 games.

Of course, all the Dodgers and Astros should be suspended for the weakest sports "fight" ever. Both benches emptied and nothing happened.

I wonder if the yelling went like this:

Dodger: You're lucky there's Covid or I'd body slam you.

Astro: Oh yeah, if you were wearing a mask, I'd be hitting you in face right now.

I don't think I've seen a team give up as many easy baskets as the Pels are doing tonight. You can get into the lane every time against them. The Jazz aren't a whole lot better and are a terrible rebounding team.

NBA has to be happy that both games came down to the last possession.

it would be hilarious if a player started arguing or making fun of the digital fans.

I agree with you that Joe Kelly did not deserve an 8 game suspension. MLB is probably making an example of him to minimize overt expressions of hostility toward the Astros. Game has changed. I doubt we'll see any drag bunts down the first base line or side arm relays on the DP either.

I tried to watch the NBA last night. No enthusiasm. The disclosures from China shine an unacceptable light on the NBA for me. No thanks.

For years, I've loved Rick Carlisle as a coach. This year has been terrible. Coming into tonight the Mavs had lost 16 games by 5 points or less. There was no excuse to lose tonight. . When you have Luka and the Unicorn, that's on the coach.

Tonight, the Mavs were controlling the game until three minutes to go. Trey Burke was 10-13 and 7-8 on threes, but didn't play the last five minutes of regulation and only a minute and half of OT. Instead, Seth Curry played. He was 0-3 and 3-6 on FTs(including one in the last ten seconds of regulation). Curry has no value other than to score and it wasn't his night at all. Horrible decision.

Sixers need to fire Brett Brown and Elton Brand. Brown can't coach and Brand screwed the pooch with Butler, Boban and TJ. If they had to do a sign and trade, it should have been Harris.

Antonio Brown's suspension is nonsense. It shouldn't be the first eight games of this season. It should be eight games from the time he is signed.

Antonio Brown's suspension is nonsense. It shouldn't be the first eight games of this season. It should be eight games from the time he is signed.

AB is a conundrum. The guy has been through so much in his life and has succeeded against almost insurmountable odds, but the allegations against him by his former trainer are well over the line. I want to support him, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

It's not just his trainer. A female painter claims she was assaulted and there is a criminal case for attacking a delivery guy. Before the clock starts, AB should have to go to daily, intensive mental health care.

It's obvious the Sixers are going to blow up the team and hopefully the front office after the season.

One of the first moves will be to find if anyone will take Horford's contract. There may be one or two takers. The first may be the Wizards. They are the worst position any NBA team can be. They have huge, unmovable contracts and are stuck in the 8th-10th place in a conference. They aren't good enough to make a run nor are they bad enough to get a good draft pick. If Bertans doesn't want to sign with the Wiz, maybe the Sixers can offer Horford for Bertans and Ish (and maybe a small salary to make it work). Horford would work well with Beal and Wall and at least they'd get something for losing Bertans. Even without Bertans, the Wiz can't sign anyone. If Wall and Beal are healthy, they won't end up at the very bottom of the conference. They might as well try for the eighth slot.

I'm not sure where else he could land. Maybe a three way trade with Atlanta. Horford would be a great mentor for Collins and Young. I don't think they are all that much in love with Capela. Either Reddish or Hunter could be available. The Sixers could keep one of them and move Capela to a third team for someone else.

Hoopshype says the Cavs are trying to put together a package for Simmons. I can't imagine what they have that the Sixers would want. However, maybe the Bulls might be a landing place. He'd fit in well with Lavine and Markinen. The Bulls could trade Coby White, Wendell Carter and one or two non-protected 1st round picks.

Mark Emmert announced there will be no NCAA Championships for fall sports. I wonder how that will impact the ACC playing football.

The Lakers should beat the Blazers, but it won't the cakewalk they were hoping for entering the bubble. The Lakers will have nightmares with Dame and CJ, but the Blazers have no one to cover Lebron or AD. If the Blazers play any D at all, it could be interesting. The Lakers' shooting has been bad in the bubble. This could go six games.

Whether Or how ACC football can happen this fall will depend on whether the schools have insurance coverage.

It's obvious the Sixers are going to blow up the team and hopefully the front office after the season.

One of the first moves will be to find if anyone will take Horford's contract. There may be one or two takers. The first may be the Wizards. They are the worst position any NBA team can be. They have huge, unmovable contracts and are stuck in the 8th-10th place in a conference. They aren't good enough to make a run nor are they bad enough to get a good draft pick. If Bertans doesn't want to sign with the Wiz, maybe the Sixers can offer Horford for Bertans and Ish (and maybe a small salary to make it work). Horford would work well with Beal and Wall and at least they'd get something for losing Bertans. Even without Bertans, the Wiz can't sign anyone. If Wall and Beal are healthy, they won't end up at the very bottom of the conference. They might as well try for the eighth slot.

I'm not sure where else he could land. Maybe a three way trade with Atlanta. Horford would be a great mentor for Collins and Young. I don't think they are all that much in love with Capela. Either Reddish or Hunter could be available. The Sixers could keep one of them and move Capela to a third team for someone else.

Hoopshype says the Cavs are trying to put together a package for Simmons. I can't imagine what they have that the Sixers would want. However, maybe the Bulls might be a landing place. He'd fit in well with Lavine and Markinen. The Bulls could trade Coby White, Wendell Carter and one or two non-protected 1st round picks.

RJ, I don't know how you always do this. I feel like I know the NBA and sports (I really offer very little else to the world) but I cant for the life of me understand how all the trading and contracts etc works in the NBA. I don't know how the hell you do that. Makes me feel even more stupid than normal.

Guitar, don't be silly. A great website for contracts, etc. is www.hoopshype.com

They show every team and contracts out for 3-4 years. They also have a "rumors" section that has some good stuff.

Occasionally, I get some good information, but for every day that's a good place to start. You can take a look a your team and then look at others and see what fits.

Boy are the refs screwing Memphis. they have ZERO FTs ni the second half. This is disgraceful.

I'm hardly a Lakers fan, but it's absurd the amount of shit they are getting for losing to the Blazers. Last year, Portland made the WC Finals without Nurkic. If they had been healthy during the regular season, the Blazers would likely have been a #3 or #4 seed.

Back