• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

I don't get why so many "experts" as saying the Warriors will/should draft Edwards with the first pick. They three max guys at his position(s), but have no one in the middle to play. Wiseman seems like the no brainer of all no brainers.

Reds broadcaster Thom Brennaman "apologized" saying "IF I hurt anyone" he was sorry.

HINT, saying a city is the "F-g capital of the world" DOES hurt people. Saying "it's not the kind of person I am" is also total bullshit! That's not the kind of phrase one says for the first time.

He needs to go.

It's about time the national media is catching on that Brett Brown can't coach.

Reds broadcaster Thom Brennaman "apologized" saying "IF I hurt anyone" he was sorry.

HINT, saying a city is the "F-g capital of the world" DOES hurt people. Saying "it's not the kind of person I am" is also total bullshit! That's not the kind of phrase one says for the first time.

He needs to go.

I’m sure he won’t be back on air. I wonder what the context of the comment was.

while I'm a huge proponent of not cancelling people over a mistake, I also think it's disingenuous to say "that's not who I am." What you do when you don't think anyone is paying attention says a lot more about who you are than anything else. Sure, it could be that you're making a joke for a cheap laugh - which I have done a million times. It might not make you homophobic, but at a minimum it makes you a dickhead who will say rude things to get a laugh. (Again - this has certainly been me, plenty of times.) What he might mean is, "that's not who I want to be," and I'd believe that. That's where change comes - when the desire to be someone different actually takes root and you quit making the easy joke.

Although I was never on his level or even close, you know there are other people listening. This wasn't a joke. Even if it was, you don't say that with a team of people listening.

He seemed very comfortable saying it. Plus his "apology" wasn't an apology. Saying, "IF" he hurt anyone shows he doesn't get it.

Maybe he can prove he deserves to be back. But he has work to do.

Not defending him, but he made his apology pretty much immediately without PR people having time to get involved, so I’m willing to give him a bit of leeway on that. It’s not like this was a statement issued 24 hours later. Who knows whether he was a good person or not by his action and deeds, not his words. He sure messed up and is likely to pay the price by being unemployable for the foreseeable future.

We're not that far apart.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but his dad is in the Hall of Fame as a baseball broadcaster. This works for and against him. His dad was beloved which helps him. The fact he's been around the game since he was in diapers might work against him as he should have known better.

That scene is apropos. But, it could get me banned like the other time I used a scene in that movie and was within about 60 seconds of this one on the screen.

I hope it doesn't "threaten" you. :)

One reason people are shooting better in Orlando is the backgrounds are much shorter. Depth perception is much better. That makes shooting easier.

unless, the Warriors can get someone to take Wiggins' contract, they can't move the #2 pick and get any real value as they are horrifically over the cap.

We're not that far apart.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but his dad is in the Hall of Fame as a baseball broadcaster. This works for and against him. His dad was beloved which helps him. The fact he's been around the game since he was in diapers might work against him as he should have known better.

That scene is apropos. But, it could get me banned like the other time I used a scene in that movie and was within about 60 seconds of this one on the screen.

I hope it doesn't "threaten" you. :)

Marty was the voice of the VPI Hokies back in 1973. His signature call - "Eddie Joyce, dialing long distance." Usually the call was incomplete but that's irrelevant. Loved listening to Marty and Joe Nuxhall doing the Reds games back in the day.

That Tobias Harris contract is rough.

So was that lack of call on Embiid's drive that led to a clear path foul.

Brand lied to Butler and apparently Josh Harris lied to everyone about being willing to re-sign Jimmy. Due to how low the payroll had been, it wouldn't have been for two years after this one for the super penalties to kick in. Someone could have been traded by then and the Sixers would have competed for three titles.

Brand and Brown have to go.

I just looked up the slotting of this year's draft. https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale/2021

According to that, the Warriors could only take back about $7.66M in trade for the #2 pick and maybe future #1 picks.

Unless they get someone to take the insane Wiggins contract along with the #2 pick, it would be crazy for them to dump it. With Wiggins, they could get back about $37M in contracts. Who would take that dog of a contract?

If Brand stays with the Sixers, maybe they could dump Horford and Richardson and a 1st Round pick or Simmons and some other pieces.

Hey, maybe they could get Bob Myers shortly after he leaves a Bay Area pot store. :)

The question isn't whether the Sixers will be broken up but how deep will they go. Too bad, Josh Harris won't sell. He's made his billions off the team. He should act like a hedge fund guy, take his profits and go home.

If the Warriors aren't just scamming everyone, the Horford, Richardson and a pick for Wiggins and #2 might fit their desire to add experience to finish the run of Steph, Klay and Draymond. I am dubious of them not keeping the pick and taking Wiseman.

I put the O/U for firing Brett Brown at mid-day tomorrow.

The question isn't whether the Sixers will be broken up but how deep will they go. Too bad, Josh Harris won't sell. He's made his billions off the team. He should act like a hedge fund guy, take his profits and go home.

If the Warriors aren't just scamming everyone, the Horford, Richardson and a pick for Wiggins and #2 might fit their desire to add experience to finish the run of Steph, Klay and Draymond. I am dubious of them not keeping the pick and taking Wiseman.

I put the O/U for firing Brett Brown at mid-day tomorrow.

Elton Brand and most of the Colangelo front office need to be gone as well. So many player personnel screw ups in Philly.

I absolutely agree. Brand needs to be gone. Too bad, the Sixers won't offer Ujiri 5% of the team to run the team.

It's a shame Zion & Ja didn't come out this year. A Simmons/Mike Scott(for salary balancing) for Wiggins and #2 (Ja). Simmons would be a perfect fit with Steph and Klay. His rebounding, defense against larger players and passing would make the Warriors prohibitive favorites. Adding Ja to Embiid would have been amazing.

Bill Self is in a lot of trouble at Kansas. Embiid has said he likes Self.

Something else, I'm thinking if this guy Doncic tries really hard, he MIGHT become an NBA player.

Taking Ayton or Bagley ahead of him shows why bad franchises stay bad. Ayton and Bagley had nice seasons against college kids. They weren't spectacular. No one confused them with a Zion or Ja or even a Ben Simmons. Luka was the hands down, MVP and best player in the second best league in the world. He dominated grown ass men.

Back