• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

RJ, how did the NBA become so complicated regarding transactions and contracts?

In some ways I like it. This give players more power. All workers deserve the right to work where they want to be.

RJay, what do you think about Massoud and Mucius playing the 5? What a world!

At least they are each bigger than 6'7 like Antoni tried to do in the NBA.

We all agree that we are likely to get brutalized on the boards. Sometimes you have to do something that in theory makes little sense in a normal situation, but we aren't in a normal situation. I'm more concerned at how this will impact Massoud than Mucius. I think it may hurt Massoud more, because his natural position is SG, but we have too many of them and he's taller than all of them.

Why didn't Neath play until the third TV TO of the second half? He was our best player in the first half.

As I tried to say, putting Massoud in the post (4/5) would take his offense out of the game and he would commit a lot of fouls.

We are an AWFUL rebounding team which is effort plays.

Antonio was unconscious in the second half. Why did Forbes take him out?

Why didn't Neath play until the third TV TO of the second half? He was our best player in the first half.

As I tried to say, putting Massoud in the post (4/5) would take his offense out of the game and he would commit a lot of fouls.

We are an AWFUL rebounding team which is effort plays.

Not having a real center, or even a real 4, has a lot to do with the rebounding. I think we're showing great effort on defense.

I agree with you on Neath. I like his game a lot, especially with Antonio's shooting threat on the floor.

Antonio was unconscious in the second half. Why did Forbes take him out?

He probably flashed the tired signal to Forbes and the lineup we had after he came out was working. Forbes doesn’t seem to be dumb like DM.

Gotta figure your best combinations out some way...and hopefully without losing here early on...

Massoud and Mucius will play at PF and C of necessity. Oguama's return will help. Ingraham will get more minutes as his conditioning and mobility improve. If Ody and Tariq can man the middle, Massoud and Mucius will benefit.

Forbes made the postgame statement that Ish and Isiah are trying to do too much. He expects both to settle down and be major contributors. Expect a deep rotation to max defensive pressure and to find which players are "on" offensively each game. Minutes will require defense.

Neath needs to start. He's much better than Williamson.

We need to set elbow picks for Neath. Let him get into the lane with Massoud and Antonio in the corners. Dubose could be good at the elbow or following Neath. Drawing and dishing are integral parts of 5 Out,

Getting only two offensive boards against a team that wouldn't win the intramural championship at some ACC schools is unacceptable.

Neath needs to start. He's much better than Williamson.

We need to set elbow picks for Neath. Let him get into the lane with Massoud and Antonio in the corners. Dubose could be good at the elbow or following Neath. Drawing and dishing are integral parts of 5 Out,

Getting only two offensive boards against a team that wouldn't win the intramural championship at some ACC schools is unacceptable.

I fully agree. Neath is a weapon and probably our best driving guard. He’s tougher to defend than Williamson. My guess is that right now Forbes is placing great value on Williamson’s knowledge of the system, and Neath’s minutes will increase as he becomes more efficient.

He probably flashed the tired signal to Forbes and the lineup we had after he came out was working. Forbes doesn’t seem to be dumb like DM.

When you are that hot, the adrenaline carries you. On top of that, it's only game two and was after resting at halftime.

Hopefully, Ody can get back in a game or two. He's not a world beater, but we need him badly. Besides his size, his motor should be infectious. He will also allow people to play more normal positions.

We are not going to beat anyone decent on the boards. We have to make our double teams much stronger and not allow them to be split by the ball handlers.

We might be able to score some points. In that vein, when Ody gets back, I think our starting team should be:

PG- Neath
SG- Antonio
C- Ody
SF- Massoud
PF- Mucius

It was was really close between Antonio and Dubose. The reason I picked Antonio is that with him on one side and Massoud on the other, there will be more room for Neath to drive and dish as well as creating lanes for Ody and Zeke to slash for passes. The reason for starting Dubose over Antonio is to have an instant offense player to come off the bench.

Once they set the starting line-up, I want them to play 25-30 mpg each.

Hopefully, Ody can get back in a game or two. He's not a world beater, but we need him badly. Besides his size, his motor should be infectious. He will also allow people to play more normal positions.

We are not going to beat anyone decent on the boards. We have to make our double teams much stronger and not allow them to be split by the ball handlers.

We might be able to score some points. In that vein, when Ody gets back, I think our starting team should be:

PG- Neath
SG- Antonio
C- Ody
SF- Massoud
PF- Mucius

It was was really close between Antonio and Dubose. The reason I picked Antonio is that with him on one side and Massoud on the other, there will be more room for Neath to drive and dish as well as creating lanes for Ody and Zeke to slash for passes. The reason for starting Dubose over Antonio is to have an instant offense player to come off the bench.

Once they set the starting line-up, I want them to play 25-30 mpg each.

How long will it take to nail a starting 5 down? No one on this team has done anything in high level college basketball. I’d say this is the most open roster Wake has had in years. There is a lot of indistinguishable, middling to fringe ACC level talent, frankly. Not one player has done enough to be supremely confident he will start night in, night out. One upside could be that the competition brings the most out of whoever ends up as the core later on in the season.

With Sarr and Chaundee leaving, we need to be realistic. This is easily the least talented team we have had in over a decade.

Forbes needs to get a solid big for next year or it will be another tough year.

Last edited:
With Sarr and Chaundee leaving, we need to be realistic. This is easily the least talented team we have had in over a decade.

Forbes needs to get a solid big for next year or it will be another tough year.

Forbes has tried. He's had some traction with a few bigs. But so far, Okpomo is the only one who committed.

Hopefully, we can get Aidoo or someone else or we are in for two long seasons.

Why can't Ingraham play center? I mean, he's not going to wow anybody offensively maybe, but he's built like a freshman year Eric Williams. We need somebody to occupy space.

Ingraham has shown the ability to rebound on the offensive end, but has zero defensive rebounds in two games. That's very weird. If he can change that a little and Ody can give us 20-25 mpg, we will be a lot better. We won't be very good but will be better.

Maybe we can pull off a miracle and get one of the unsigned bigs. There's a guy at Brewster Eitenne, who has us on his list. I haven't heard his name with us. Why not go full court press about PT?

Can always look international for a big. I think Neath will be fine, just learning a new system where Williamson has the trust of the coaches. Have been very impressed with DuBose. He knows how to play. Maybe Ody will be back next Wednesday. Can sure use his rebounding.

Back