• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

Those teams had lottery NBA talent... Of course you keep those particular guys on the floor as much as you can.

Agree that looking at recent Wake history is pretty much irrelevant, given the coaching change... But looking at Forbes's past teams is better than pulling up recent NCAA champions. This year, especially, I'd expect Forbes to run a deeper rotation

When we bring in BHH for '22, he can play 35 minutes a game.

If Neath plays 32 mpg, I'll eat my hat (assuming Williamson gets a waiver, but probably even if he doesn't).

That's also a negative, because they have benches of players who are potential NBA players or top collegiate players waiting.

Here's another issue. Because of all the talent they have, they had several blowouts where they didn't play that many minutes which cuts down the seasonal average.

RE: Forbes- because of being in a second level conference the talent level is pretty balanced.

There's another issue here. Guys like Antonio, Johnson and Dubose are only here for this year. None are standouts (I'm not saying they won't contribute). Wouldn't it be better to develop talent that is staying?

ATS- We completely agree with the fact that Danny's subbing was atrocious. My personal favorite was when players hit two or three straight shots and was taken out. Manning's patterns reminded me (if they could at all) of an NBA rotation. Subs were completely set. In the NBA, it makes sense. In college, it doesn't make any sense at all.

Usually by now, almost all of the Top 50 have committed. As of today about twenty are still available. This creates a ripple effect. There are more openings at top programs than usual. Will more guys wait until the Spring?

Our next guy really needs to be a big.

ESPN is reporting Doc Rivers won't be back as HC of the Clippers. Are they going to keep Ty Lue as Doc's replacement?

Here are the post positions and odds:

Post Horse Odds
1 Excession 30-1
2 Mr. Big News 12-1
3 Art Collector 5-2
4 Swiss Skydiver 6-1
5 Thousand Words 6-1
6 Jesus' Team 30-1
7 NY Traffic 15-1
8 Max Player 15-1
9 Authentic 9-5
10 Pneumatic 20-1
11 LiveYourBeastLife 30-1

The reality is this is a two horse race between Art Collector and Authentic. Swiss Skydiver lost to the boys in the Bluegrass then lost the KY Oaks. She may be third best. Thousand Words is the "higher odds Baffert play". A large number of times when Baffert has two horses in a race the higher odds horse wins.

This is the red-headed stepchild of the Triple Crown. This year it's even worse in that the Breeders Cup is in a month. So, some other horses are skipping this race.

I'd like to see Art Collector win as his connections never get this kind of opportunity. If not for a cold, he would have been second choice in the Derby.

If I bet, it will likely be a Pick 4.

probably a bad sign that i thought they had already run this sometime last summer. oops.

In a normal year, it could help towards a Triple Crown and help horses that can't make the Derby or Belmont distances. This year, the BC Classic is far more important than the Preakness. A couple of horses here may race in the BC Mile.

I guess the owners of Swiss Skydiver think she can run a race rather than freshen her up for the BC Filly & Mare Classic.

In a year or two a lot of the Chiefs' players will be coming up for new contracts. Due to the communistic, fan-hating NFL hard salary cap, one of the most fun teams to watch in the history will be broken up because they are good. Basically, the cap is a huge fuck you to the fans of good organizations. They can pay their money and support their team. but if the GM and front office do a great job players are forced to move on to get paid. Why should the players who want to stay and the fans be screwed like this?

The NFL salary cap is an affront to professionalism, capitalism and fandom.

That didn't look good for Jimmy Buckets.

Spol is a great coach, but WTF was he thinking putting Herro on Lebron?

That didn't look good for Jimmy Buckets.

Spol is a great coach, but WTF was he thinking putting Herro on Lebron?

I think JB will be fine, although he did for sure look to be in pain. I think the Lakers take this series in 6...5 if Butler misses a couple games but I don’t think it’s that bad.

With the Sixers and Houston having new coaches and the uber-small ball of Houston an abject failure, maybe they could make a trade:

Gordon and Covington

For

Horford and Zhaire Smith and maybe Sixers #1

Although I still don't really believe the Warriors want to trade #2 as they can't get the star level player without finding a team to take Wiggins' bad contract, I still think they may look at Wiggins & #2 for Horford, Richardson and Sixers #1.

To comment on the Mucius / Massoud discussion on who plays where, Forbes was pretty clear on today's Zoom meeting that Ish will play the 4 (and sometimes the 5). Mucius more of a 3/4.

Obviously didn't get into specifics on minutes, but I think it is safe to expect Ish, Mucius, and Ody to get as many minutes as they can handle.

We are tiny if Massoud is playing 4/5. I guess with all those wings coming in as transfers and a total dearth of bigs makes some things necessary that wouldn't/shouldn't have to happen. It sounds like we are going to get murdered on the boards. Sometimes, you have to do what you want to make it through a season.

Although it's a good talking point, I think the staff had to expect lots of TOs this early in practice with only 3-4 guys who played much last year and a bunch of guys coming in from wildly differing programs. Players who have spent two, three or four years in specific programs will be out of position early at their new home. Add to that, a new scheme for the guys who have been here, and you create TOs. Another thing is when you are trying to see who plays well with whom, TOs happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches aren't a little OK with the TOs as it gives them an easy way to coach their system harder and make freelancing wane.

In a year or two a lot of the Chiefs' players will be coming up for new contracts. Due to the communistic, fan-hating NFL hard salary cap, one of the most fun teams to watch in the history will be broken up because they are good. Basically, the cap is a huge fuck you to the fans of good organizations. They can pay their money and support their team. but if the GM and front office do a great job players are forced to move on to get paid. Why should the players who want to stay and the fans be screwed like this?

The NFL salary cap is an affront to professionalism, capitalism and fandom.

Part of the CBA, right? What else in the modern world is communistic and an affront to capitalism all at the same time? Help me understand.

We are tiny if Massoud is playing 4/5. I guess with all those wings coming in as transfers and a total dearth of bigs makes some things necessary that wouldn't/shouldn't have to happen. It sounds like we are going to get murdered on the boards. Sometimes, you have to do what you want to make it through a season.

Although it's a good talking point, I think the staff had to expect lots of TOs this early in practice with only 3-4 guys who played much last year and a bunch of guys coming in from wildly differing programs. Players who have spent two, three or four years in specific programs will be out of position early at their new home. Add to that, a new scheme for the guys who have been here, and you create TOs. Another thing is when you are trying to see who plays well with whom, TOs happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches aren't a little OK with the TOs as it gives them an easy way to coach their system harder and make freelancing wane.

Yup. Sometimes you play the hand you are dealt. And I agree that the turnovers are expected, but it sounded more like that was an area where we are behind where Forbes would like us to be. With somewhat of a logjam at guard, it seems like everyone has an opportunity to earn minutes by valuing the basketball.

The CBA penalizes fans, players and excellence in management. There are no other major businesses that are legislated from keeping or paying employees what the biz and employee agree is a fair wage. What other business in America penalizes management from keeping employees they discovered and trained?

Haven't thought about your question. Although I do believe that Facebook, Twitter, etc., should be treated as news outlets/federal broadcast license holders and live by their rules.

Thanks, but as you see from the first two posts, this and other threads won't be about that. It's open season and a way to drive me away rather to repair things.

By the way, there may be a big Wake sports story in the 30-45 days.

My bad, I don't know anything or anyone. I must be tripping.

What was the big Wake sports story that broke in July/August?

Back