• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

It has nothing to do with Wake sports. It’s a Butler story. And it’s not even news, it’s just a chronicle of shit happened 9-10 years ago.

I'm leaving it right here. If you can't figure out the link of being a Deac, knowing Currie, everyone wanting a new basketball facility and having been in charge of doing exactly the same for another school's facility as he would do here, I can't help you.

I don't understand why RJKarl is so vague. Sounds like there are no true sources BeachBum?

I'm leaving it right here. If you can't figure out the link of being a Deac, knowing Currie, everyone wanting a new basketball facility and having been in charge of doing exactly the same for another school's facility as he would do here, I can't help you.

Don’t forget being a 2 time District 11 Humorous Speech Contest Winner

It has nothing to do with Wake sports. It’s a Butler story. And it’s not even news, it’s just a chronicle of shit happened 9-10 years ago.

Never question RJ's access to Butler inside information. I can see why he was hesitant to post that. So many jealous losers around here....

Ok RJ, IRT your PM; I set our win total O/U @ 14.5. I don't think we have anyone who can hold Sarr's jock in the paint.

I don't think Chaundee is as good as you think he is. I think the sum of the parts - Antonio/Johnson/Williamson/Wilkins/Dubose should easily make up for Childress' and Brown's production. Your move chief.

Do we even know how many games we're playing? How can you set a win total O/U?

I'm interested to see how Chaundee does for Michigan... Don't know what RJ wrote about him, but I was a big fan and expected him to be our best player (by a wide margin) as a Soph & Junior. Never materialized. Watch him blow up this year in the Big Ten.

FWIW, I expect Sarr to be pretty meh for UK. I think Brown will have more of an impact at Michigan.

Do we even know how many games we're playing? How can you set a win total O/U?

I'm interested to see how Chaundee does for Michigan... Don't know what RJ wrote about him, but I was a big fan and expected him to be our best player (by a wide margin) as a Soph & Junior. Never materialized. Watch him blow up this year in the Big Ten.

FWIW, I expect Sarr to be pretty meh for UK. I think Brown will have more of an impact at Michigan.

I'm basing the win total on a standard length season.

I'm pretty meh on Chaundee and think we have guys who will replace his production. RJ doesn't think so. I figured he wanted to discuss since he sent me a PM

Chaundee played last year on one foot. I really think that's a major reason he left. None of the guys we got are as good as he is.

And it's not in a vacuum. We easily lost our two best defenders from a bad defensive team.

We deserve to be pre-season last or next to last.

If Forbes gets within two games of .500, he should be ACC COY. If, by some miracle, he makes The Dance, there shouldn't be a vote. He should be NCOY.

Chaundee played last year on one foot. I really think that's a major reason he left. None of the guys we got are as good as he is.

And it's not in a vacuum. We easily lost our two best defenders from a bad defensive team.

We deserve to be pre-season last or next to last.

If Forbes gets within two games of .500, he should be ACC COY. If, by some miracle, he makes The Dance, there shouldn't be a vote. He should be NCOY.

Totally agree with this. I am really excited about Forbes and I've started to convince myself that this team will be good this season, but we have to keep in mind that we lost the two best players from a pretty bad team last year. I do believe that last year's team had the talent to be around .500 in the acc with a good coach, but we have lost some pieces to that team. I hope fans realize that just seeing a team play hard on defense and actually run an offense will be a major improvement, and wins on top of that will just be a bonus. I don't know about everyone else but the interview today sort of led me to believe that Forbes doesn't have a ton of faith in the roster right now. Hearing that Dubose and Wilkins are the two players impressing him most excites me but it also worries me that maybe Forbes doesn't see the same potential in Mucius and Neath that I do, and his comments about Ish shooting and defending poorly seemed negative as well. Either way I'm glad we have a transparent coach with a clear plan and energy, but let's not get our hopes too high for this season just yet.

RJ, listen to the Forbes interview. I'd like your reaction and thoughts.

I liked it. He's sort of country Skip.

I think he's going to rely on Williamson early. He sounds like he wants Jahcobi and Ish to get going and hopes prodding them will work. This is a completely different energy. I can't imagine Danny wanting to talk with everyone every day. I hope Forbes drops that down a little. I think that might get old, but it's a good thing to do early and especially now.

I would guess some of the returning guys will take a little longer to get into Forbes' style and intensity. If guys get into his program, I'm thinking he wants the starting line-up to be - Williamson, Ody, DuBose, Mucius and Massoud with Neath pushing everyone. It will be interesting to see the Neath/Williamson competition and whether Dubose plays any D.

I'm basing the win total on a standard length season.

I'm pretty meh on Chaundee and think we have guys who will replace his production. RJ doesn't think so. I figured he wanted to discuss since he sent me a PM

Forbes said 27 games yesterday, with the obvious caveat that no team will likely get all the way to that number.

So assuming at 27 game regular season, your 14.5 win o/u means a 14-13 or 15-12 base case (before the ACC Tourney).

Yeah, that'd be pretty good... especially with 20 conference games.

I wouldn't mind us playing 6 cupcakes and Xavier. I hope we get an easier ACC schedule than usual. This is a get set year and I'd just like get some wins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

I think you might enjoy this video as well, RJ. Also as far as scheduling I would like to see at least one or two games against power 6 level competition this year before ACC just so we have the chance to see how our guys match up against bigger and more athletic opposition. If we play cupcakes all December we won't be able to learn a lot about the team, like can Davien guard bigger players or can Dubose defend against a strong team. I'd rather we learn all of those things before conference play so we don't have to play catch up.

Thanks...being an old guy, I didn't know it was a thing.

Have those guys done any TV or films? Who are they?

I would imagine we'll play Xavier as one of our OOC games as long as the the Big East is playing. I wonder if Forbes might play some junk traps or presses as a way to keep opponents off balance. Weird schemes can help less talented overcome better players. Plus, they could be fun.

Skip was accurate in saying, "It's not the Xs and Os. It's the Jimmy's and Joes." However, if our Xs and Os are from a different alphabet, we could close the gap.

Neath can cover bigger guys. He's a legit 6'3, 200+. Let him be physical. I think he'll be used as our drive and dish PG. His strength and quickness can get him into the lane anytime he wants to be there.

Early in the game the broadcasters talked about fifty years ago today, Wake beating NC to take the lead in the ACC. The amazing thing is The Drive that led to our victory was 92/93 yards (same as today's opening drive) and went in the same direction.

I think we had about 90 seconds to go the length of the field, but we were an option team. I'm fairly certain our leading receiver had 30 or less catches for the 11 game season, but we got there.

Back