• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

my only fear with arod is being too hands-on in operations, although i supposse that's a risk with anyone regardless of background (see jeff wilpon). also curious who else is in the group with arod and jlo.

Cohen scares me more as a Yankees fan, just because he has the fuck you money and won't have to deal with other investors. Makes things a lot easier at the end of the day.

From what some of you say, Cohen is gong to be an overwhelmingly analytics type of guy. Analytics may help, but you need baseball people as well.

The Astros have to be considered favorites. Without the nuisance of fan noise, their signals should be easier to hear for batters.

Hoping we land a hoops commitment over the next few days. McCray passes the mixtape test. Was glad to see us make Gabe Dorsey's top-8...that dude has range and is underrated. A class of Dorsey, McCray, (big man) and one of Taylor/Whitt/Nixon/Brizzi would be awesome. Not many big guys I feel great about for 2021 so if we can land the transfer from Bama, that would be great get in my opinion. He could be an average to above average ACC Center for a couple years for us while Forbes gets his footing on the recruiting trail.

My realistic trajectory that I think Forbes can deliver in the ACC would be:

Year 1- 12th-14th
2- 8-11th - bubble
3- 5th-7th - round of 32/16
4- cutting down nets of all kinds

I wonder if many people will be committing early due to school scheduling.

The NCAA really needs to make a ruling for what happens if there is no season or a very limited.

My realistic trajectory that I think Forbes can deliver in the ACC would be:

Year 1- 12th-14th
2- 8-11th - bubble
3- 5th-7th - round of 32/16
4- cutting down nets of all kinds

I’d be fine with this trajectory.

If there is no basketball this school year, have we just delayed Year One rebuilding by a year or can we skip straight to the bubble?

I’d be fine with this trajectory.

If there is no basketball this school year, have we just delayed Year One rebuilding by a year or can we skip straight to the bubble?

I think it depends. If you skip this year, then top recruits for this year could go straight into the NBA draft without playing a single game. While that wouldn't have any impact on Wake, it could weaken some of the top schools. If we manage to keep everyone on campus and get some good recruits in for 2021-22, then that might help speed things up a little bit.

I would say the Washington football team could change their name to the Washington Generals. The downside is the Generals were beloved. As long as Snyder owns the team, that may not be possible.

okay, so this is indeed strange

Hall of Fame linebacker Brian Urlacher, Super Bowl champion Travis Kelce and 2014 NFL Offensive Player of the Year DeMarco Murray are part of a group of investors who have joined power couple Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez in a bid to buy the New York Mets.

Rodriguez, who last starred with the Yankees, and fiancée Lopez have put $300 million of their own money toward the bid. Other investors include future Hall of Fame offensive lineman Joe Thomas, who spent his entire career with the Cleveland Browns, two-time NBA All-Star Bradley Beal from the Washington Wizards, and Denver Nuggets center Mason Plumlee.

Urlacher, Kelce, Murray and Plumlee don't really the kind of money to be players in this kind of deal. Joe Thomas is allegedly worth $52M.

Rodriguez, who last starred with the Yankees, and fiancée Lopez have put $300 million of their own money toward the bid. Other investors include future Hall of Fame offensive lineman Joe Thomas, who spent his entire career with the Cleveland Browns, two-time NBA All-Star Bradley Beal from the Washington Wizards, and Denver Nuggets center Mason Plumlee.

I might laugh if/when they inevitably break up and they had ownership of the team. I think J.Lo has more cash than A-Rod.

I would say the Washington football team could change their name to the Washington Generals. The downside is the Generals were beloved. As long as Snyder owns the team, that may not be possible.

Well the Washington Generals were great at losing. I think I was in first grade back when the Washington football team last won the Super Bowl (and tbh, they haven't been good since). It'd be a fitting moniker.

okay, so this is indeed strange

Hall of Fame linebacker Brian Urlacher, Super Bowl champion Travis Kelce and 2014 NFL Offensive Player of the Year DeMarco Murray are part of a group of investors who have joined power couple Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez in a bid to buy the New York Mets.

Bradley Beal has earned over $117,000,000 in NBA salary before the shutdown. He is due $28 million for 2020-2021. He just signed an extension for $71 million for 21-22 and 22-23. So he will have earned over $200 million in NBA money by the time his extension finishes.

Elena Delle Donne should tell the WNBA to go fuck itself and sign massive international contract. She takes over FIFTY pills a day to control her ongoing condition.

She has refused to take the big bucks waiting for her to be all in for the WNBA. Fuck them!

Adam Silver needs to replace the WNBA Commissioner.

Looks like a nice player. His game seems to be more of a SG than a PG, but can play some PG. He's grown from 6' to 6'4 in the past 18-24 months. There could be some more to come. He's a nice piece.

Back