• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

Sadly, it may take a player dying of Covid to get the season to be stopped. A few guys in the infirmary won't do it.

I wonder how the schedules have been changed. A lot of small schools are going to be hamstrung without those paycheck games.

I can't post on the recruiting thread.

I'm shocked that there are 100 players better than this guy in the Class of 2021.

Pictures yesterday of Forbes look like he has lost a lot of weight.

Forbes should pull out all the stops to get Butler. If it's legal, have Tim call, tweet or IG saying how much he loves Wake.

Getting Butler would put the ACC on notice.

Butler would be huge. He's not only a consensus top 100 recruit but he is from South Carolina, an area targeted by Forbes. Get a couple of top recruits from NC and the staff would reach their goal of being a presence in the Carolinas. Kidd looks like a player as well.

And Butler's brother is better than he is. Let's get him!

RE: The Adams trade- This is the perfect example of where theoretical "assets" versus talent. Jamal Adams is a perennial All-Pro and potentially a Hall of Famer versus trading for the possibility of getting two good players in the 20s of the first round. Maybe they will be starters, but the chances of getting an elite talent there is low. When you can get a star entering his prime and have to give up something that may or may not happen years down the road, you take the star and win.

Four more Marlins test positive. How can they continue playing?

Phils/Yanks postponed again.

pretty much have to assume everyone on the marlins is going to have it. i think they could just forfeit their season which hopefully is a wakeup call for the rest of the teams without cancelling the whole season just yet.

That discussion has to be going on.

There could be a lot of issues. Here are a few:

If one team isn't playing how does it impact TV/cable revenues?
How do you fix the schedule?
If a team doesn't play do the players still get service time?
If a team is kept from playing, how do the players, coaches, etc., get paid?

MLB response to the Marlins situation was to cancel their games thru Sunday. Phillies and Yankees games are cancelled Tuesday-Thursday. Yanks and Orioles will play Tuesday-Thursday instead. After that, who knows?

Completion of the schedule may depend on flexibility with the 60 man player pool. If MLB and the MLBPA hope to complete this season, they may need to allow each team to draw from their player pool to maintain an active roster. That would require greater flexibility of player movement than presently structured.

Losing Kidd to Clemson shows a couple of things. First of all, it shows that building relationships does take some time. We were late to the party and it's hard to make up that kind of ground. Secondly, a supposed recruiting expert said if Kidd reclassified Wake was a clear leader. Oops. This illustrates how subjective and how much guesswork goes into projections and that these are kids who can change their minds in a heartbeat.

It would have been nice to get him.

Something also to think about re:Whitt may be whether McCray is good and can play minutes at PG. If McCray does project to play 10-12 mpg at PG. Whitt would have a tremendous amount competition for PT. Neath will be a returning junior starter with a lot of talent. Whitt would have to think he's better than both of them to assume he's going to get a lot of minutes during his frosh/soph years.

Losing Kidd to Clemson shows a couple of things. First of all, it shows that building relationships does take some time. We were late to the party and it's hard to make up that kind of ground.

Clemson offered Kidd the same day we did. July 18th of this year. Like less than 2 weeks ago.

Agree with most everything else you wrote.

I would love to get Whitt, but agree that playing time might be an issue at PG w/ Neath (JR), Williamson (SR, if waiver), and McCray (FR) in the fold for '21. I think all 3 of those guys can play the 2, though, so I think Whitt would have every chance to earn minutes immediately at PG. But convincing him of that might be difficult.

Back