• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

Early in the game the broadcasters talked about fifty years ago today, Wake beating NC to take the lead in the ACC. The amazing thing is The Drive that led to our victory was 92/93 yards (same as today's opening drive) and went in the same direction.

I think we had about 90 seconds to go the length of the field, but we were an option team. I'm fairly certain our leading receiver had 30 or less catches for the 11 game season, but we got there.

Everyone in the stadium knew what was coming, but Wake couldn't be stopped.

Last night's fiasco has to rank up there with the greatest World Series blunders of all time. Of course, there's Bill Buckner's botching a routine grounder. Mariano Rivera was probably one of the greatest WS players of all time, but he brutalized a sac bunt that led to the Yankees losing the WS.

There's no question the play last was a debacle, but the real culprit last night was Dodgers' skipper Dave Roberts. Why did he leave Baez in after giving up a 3-run homer? Jansen had not been good, but he was put into save the game with other options available.

When Joe Buck said he'd never seen anything like the last play, I knew he hasn't seen much Rookie League ball.

What made the last play unusual was the game winning run was scored despite the runner falling and tumbling forward between third and home. Otherwise it was a simple single, E8 and E2. Double errors on the same play aren't that unusual.

I'm certainly no Dodgers fan, but I am baffled at why Dave Roberts took Kershaw out after getting the Rays' #2 and #3 hitters out with one pitch each. Hell, Kershaw should have come out for the 7th.

Last night's fiasco has to rank up there with the greatest World Series blunders of all time. Of course, there's Bill Buckner's botching a routine grounder. Mariano Rivera was probably one of the greatest WS players of all time, but he brutalized a sac bunt that led to the Yankees losing the WS.

There's no question the play last was a debacle, but the real culprit last night was Dodgers' skipper Dave Roberts. Why did he leave Baez in after giving up a 3-run homer? Jansen had not been good, but he was put into save the game with other options available.

Lonnie Smith getting fooled by a fake double play in 1991 should be on the list.

Lonnie Smith getting fooled by a fake double play in 1991 should be on the list.

When he came up with the Phillies, they used to call him Skates, because he slipped around so much. I do have to thank him and Bob "Whirlybird" Walk for getting us tix for that last series in Montreal in 1980. A friend worked in the Phillies clubhouse hooked us up.

I think he played in the World Series for three or four teams.

thx....looks like we have some current students/posters to hand the torch to. :)

I'm certainly no Dodgers fan, but I am baffled at why Dave Roberts took Kershaw out after getting the Rays' #2 and #3 hitters out with one pitch each. Hell, Kershaw should have come out for the 7th.

They won the game. Let it go! Kershaw is 2-0 in this WS

It is MORONIC to take a guy out who has given up no runs, two hits and has struck out the next three hitters twice each and totally owned him. That overrules any BS theory about third time through the line-up.

Theories should never override facts. It's a theory that it's bad to face batters a third time. It was a fact last night that Snell had struck out the Top 4 Dodger batters 7 out of 8 at bats. It's a fact that Snell had 9Ks but only 73 pitches. That's an incredibly low number of pitches for that success.

Blind adherence to anything is wrong. You can use analytics to help you make decisions, but to use them above actual results is ridiculous. On top of that, the first three guys from the pen had been horrible in the WS. But I guess those actual results are also immaterial.

yeah, watched the game last night and was shocked they yanked Snell, he was dealing. it will go as a huge blunder in the game for sure.

I'm guessing Simmons will be gone and probably Horford as well. All the marginal players from Richardson on down will be pieces of the deals.

I hope the Sixers don't go after Westbrook.

My Horford/Richardson/1st round pick for Wiggins/#2 looks better now.

As soon as I saw the Morey news, the very first place I wanted to look was this thread.

It'll be interesting to see what he tries to do with the roster. I'm sure part of him would like to prove that his legacy shouldn't just be about small ball, but instead about innovation and maximizing the talent you have. If that's the case, it will be fascinating to see what he does with Simmons and Embiid.

I'm not sure I believe the Warriors want to trade #2, but they do want to get rid of Wiggins' contract. If they are to be believed, they want an experienced player for #2 that can ride out the next 2-4 years when Steph, Klay and Draymond will be done and they will have to rebuild. Their biggest weaknesses are rebounding and having a rim protector. They could also use a back-up guard who can play both positions.

Again, I don't think the Warriors are serious. But if they are taking Wiggins is essential to any trade. I wouldn't be surprised if Morey could move him as well.

I think Morey is already coming up with ways to move Harris and Horford.

I'm not sure if I like the concept of getting Harden. I'm not sure he can play with Simmons and he would need to feed Embiid more. Harden is a great offensive player and weak defender. He can make a mediocre team into a good team, but I'm not sure his style can take a good team to a championship.

One thing for sure, this fall won't be boring.

Back