• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

It looked horrible when they made it and it wasn't even close.

The concept of Pop going to the Nets makes less than no sense. Why would he want to move and spend his last couple of years coaching one of the biggest headaches the NBA has seen in this millennium? Why would Pop want anything to with Kyrie? Kyrie is the most selfish player in decades. He plays no D and cries about everything. He is the poster child for everything not Pop. Add to that Durant's sulking.

Barring offering Pop 15+% of the franchise, I can't imagine him wanting to go there.

It's about two years too late.

Allegedly, the two top candidates are Ty Lue and Jay Wright. Jay Wright makes at least $4.4M at Nova. I'm sure there are other perks that put him up to $6M or more. Would the Sixers offer him $100M for ten years?

Brand is supposed to be one of the real good guys, but he need to go as well.

WOJ is saying they are trying to figure out how to keep Simmons and Embiid together. Many think Horford's contract is unmovable. I think there are at least three landing places for him- Washington, Golden State (they really don't like Wiggins) and maybe even Atlanta, who will be way under the cap for 2-3 years. Harris' contract is harder to move.

The problem doesn't really seem like Brown here, really. It's a really poorly constructed roster, and Embiid sort of isn't "best player on a contender" good.

I can't blame Al Horford for taking the most money he could get to play for a playoff team but damn - he probably didn't realize the Sixers would have such a titanic playoff failure. He's gotta be a little embarrassed and Danny Ainge is probably patting himself on the back for not re-signing him.

The concept of Pop going to the Nets makes less than no sense. Why would he want to move and spend his last couple of years coaching one of the biggest headaches the NBA has seen in this millennium? Why would Pop want anything to with Kyrie? Kyrie is the most selfish player in decades. He plays no D and cries about everything. He is the poster child for everything not Pop. Add to that Durant's sulking.

Barring offering Pop 15+% of the franchise, I can't imagine him wanting to go there.

Totally agree. Kyrie is such a cancer and I can't imagine many people or coaches wanting to go join him. Although a lot of times these guys who seem like complete and total shitheads in interviews and on ESPN are "well respected" by their teammakes (who often have an us against them attitude towards the media). But I think Kyrie seems like the genuine article when it comes to being selfish. He's shown it time and time again, and he clearly wasn't injured for as long as he claimed to be over these last few years. That's always damning in the eyes of the fans.

Totally agree. Kyrie is such a cancer and I can't imagine many people or coaches wanting to go join him. Although a lot of times these guys who seem like complete and total shitheads in interviews and on ESPN are "well respected" by their teammakes (who often have an us against them attitude towards the media). But I think Kyrie seems like the genuine article when it comes to being selfish. He's shown it time and time again, and he clearly wasn't injured for as long as he claimed to be over these last few years. That's always damning in the eyes of the fans.

The Celtics seem much happier and more together without him.

RE: Horford - It sounded like someone offered close to what the Sixers did. What was crazy was choosing to let Butler go. Also, I can't imaging anyone was offer Harris a max deal. As much as Bob Myers is talking about getting experienced help to close out Steph's run and as much as they don't like Wiggins, I think there could be a play there. Richardson could become Iggy redux.

The Celtics seem much happier and more together without him.

RE: Horford - It sounded like someone offered close to what the Sixers did. What was crazy was choosing to let Butler go. Also, I can't imaging anyone was offer Harris a max deal. As much as Bob Myers is talking about getting experienced help to close out Steph's run and as much as they don't like Wiggins, I think there could be a play there. Richardson could become Iggy redux.

Would somebody explain to me why some pundit today mentioned Ben Simmons and the Hall of Fame in the same sentence? Granted, I don't follow the NBA closely but I've always heard Simmons spoken of as a huge disappointment.

Simmons is the ultimate tease. He is an elite defender. He is an excellent rebounder and passer, but he can't shoot from more than 4' which clogs the court for his team.

Any thoughts on the wings late lottery?

Vassell (FSU)
Okoro (Auburn)
Pat Williams (FSU)

Seems like those guys in the NBA small ball would be really valuable. Can't figure out who is the star, and who is the bust in that group.

Simmons is the ultimate tease. He is an elite defender. He is an excellent rebounder and passer, but he can't shoot from more than 4' which clogs the court for his team.

So, Paul Silas with a much better handle? Sorry for going old school with the comparison but I grew up a Celtics fan.

Any thoughts on the wings late lottery?

Vassell (FSU)
Okoro (Auburn)
Pat Williams (FSU)

Seems like those guys in the NBA small ball would be really valuable. Can't figure out who is the star, and who is the bust in that group.

Isn't Wake's Pat Williams in his 70s? I'm guessing he wouldn't be a good choice.

I've seen Okoro as high as #4 in a mock draft. This draft looks mediocre. There seems to be a lot of question marks. I'm not at all sold on Edwards. He shot 29.2% on college threes, had several games when he disappeared and seems allergic to playing D. To be honest, his one year in college was far weaker than Fultz's.

So, Paul Silas with a much better handle? Sorry for going old school with the comparison but I grew up a Celtics fan.

Silas could never pass or run like Simmons.

ESPN says Pop may consider the Sixers or Nets. Earlier, I explained why I didn't Pop would want to deal with Kyrie. If he was 5-10 years younger, I could see him going to the Sixers or if Brand and Harris hadn't fucked up and kept Butler, but that not reality.

The bucks/Magic is postponed. The Raptors are not looking like they will play.

Adam Silver may be tossed into the major public eye.

The killer from last night is a 17 yo white kid who went to create death.

The bucks/Magic is postponed. The Raptors are not looking like they will play.

Adam Silver may be tossed into the major public eye.

The killer from last night is a 17 yo white kid who went to create death.

And was front row at Trump rally in Jan, posted he was going to be famous. Sound familiar?

Once again the NBA shows how a multi-billion industry can work with its employees and come up with actions and solutions that each can agree upon after reasonable discussions. It's too bad American business won't use this as an example.

According to CP3 only about 20% players who are eligible are registered to vote. He got all the US players to register. They need to do local commercials showing the players registering to vote to get fans to register.

Back