• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

Also, think the Warriors may be motivated to trade the pick because the word is that this draft class is considered weaker than the recent classes.

I'm still not convinced they won't keep it and take Wiseman. He's what they need.

More importantly, if they don't get someone to take Wiggins' contract, they can't trade Wiseman for anyone making over about $8M and he's worth more than that. Unless Jerry West comes back and makes one of his trades.

Rumblings about Morey liking CP3...How to make the money work is a tough one....

Tonight should be a fun night for a lot old Deacs. They are having a reunion/Zoom. It would be nice to see some excerpts from it. Have fun guys!

Sadly, Junior Moore, Ted "Turtle" Waite and a few others won't be there.

There are a lot of people participating in tonight's reunion I would enjoy seeing again. I hope they have a great time.

I'd like to see Kenny Garrett, Steve Bowden Chuck Ramsey (who was a frosh before frosh could play) and a few others.

I wonder whatever happened to Chuck Schilling. He was a lead cheerleader and went nuts during the last drive vs. UNC. He lived in the Gardens with us.

I also wonder if the Reynolda Raiders rock is still there. The last time I saw it was about twenty years ago. Almost all the paint and names were still on it.

Last edited:
Chuck Ramsey has been broadcasting sports radio in Knoxville. He even did a few Wake games a few years ago.

What a weapon he was as a punter for Wake.

Chuck Ramsey has been broadcasting sports radio in Knoxville. He even did a few Wake games a few years ago.

What a weapon he was as a punter for Wake.

Chuck was an excellent ping pong player and one of top guys for the matches in New Dorm. Deac Ref was in the upper echelon, too.

Was on the zoom call, had back surgery in July prior to season but they still claim me. Was very nice reunion, brief talks from some stars and remaining coaches, Ed Stetz,Vince Nedimeyer, Win Headley, Larry Russell, Steve Bowden, Jodie Puckett(for Doc Martin) Julie griffin as Superfan,Dr. Hamrick( team doc, he did my surgery), John Currie, Coach Clawson. Best part was when we broke out into small groups, stories there were to funny. Closed with a toast from Ed Bradley. Very well done program orchestrated by Deacon Club. Many heartfelt memories. It was supposedly taped and may be available in the future.

That was my introduction to WFU football. Glad to hesr the guys got to reminisce and relive that fantastic season.

I came from a high school that had equal numbers of state championships and games lost( 2 of each) during my time there. So I was pretty naively in the "this feels pretty normal" state of mind. The next few years showed me the reality of WFU football.

That was my introduction to WFU football. Glad to hesr the guys got to reminisce and relive that fantastic season.

I came from a high school that had equal numbers of state championships and games lost( 2 of each) during my time there. So I was pretty naively in the "this feels pretty normal" state of mind. The next few years showed me the reality of WFU football.

Funny, I was talking with Komo about the same thing yesterday. My HS team was ranked #1 in the country jr year and #2 my senior year (we lost to #1). We went ot the state championship in basketball, won or tied every wrestling match but two in three years and had a Top 10 MLB draftee. It was weird. Then Wake won the ACC. I thought that was they way it would always be. I was wrong.

Exactly the same for me. Thank God for Davidson football.

This Friday and Saturday are the Breeders Cup Races (https://www.breederscup.com). You can download the on site programs for free here.

I won't be able to watch much on Friday. That's the for five 2yo races. It may give you insights into next year's Derby contenders. Lots of dartboard races. Could really chalky or huge numbers.

Saturday's races look great. There a couple of 2 or three horse races, but most of them look to pay nicely. A cursory look has led me to a possible $36 early Pick 4. Multi-race bets and exactas should pay better than they normally would due to how competitive each event is.

If I have time, I'll get the DRF tomorrow. The difference between the DRF (Daily Racing Form- drf.com) and the souvenir program is that you get more races and info from DRF.

I'm kinda pissed, because I would have been at Keeneland for the cards if not for the pandemic. I'm missing the great buffet at Keeneland, fried chicken at Merrick's, great scallops at Cole's and my buddy's excellent collection of bourbons.

Some of the reasons I like DRF over Equibase/Free program are I like seeing how a horse has done at a certain track, jockey/trainer results, more workouts and I prefer Beyers Speed Ratings over Equibase.

But, if you just want to have some fun, Equibase does give a lot of good info and there are a lot of people who prefer it.

Last edited:
Back