• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Peace has broken out (RJ's non-sports discussion thread)

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed, today will be the third day of board peace. We've disagreed, without being disagreeable. We haven't any blow ups.

Peace was a hope, a pipe dream. Now, it's a reality that has been born and can be expanded upon.

Some may say that it's because some people took a "vacation". But you can't build a house without a foundation or slab. We've started putting that in place.

Let's spin these days into a positive. Leaving for a bit, some posters gave us the opportunity to create what they wanted. And we've started to do that. We can welcome them back as conquering heroes if that's what they want. No one cares who had X points or boards as long as the team wins. This could be the ultimate win for the community.

Hell, over the past twenty-five years, if DeacMan and I were posting on the same thread, it was pretty much guaranteed that there would be a conflagration. If we agreed on 95% of an issue, we'd often make that 5% look like all that mattered. If it was only a nuanced difference, it didn't matter. We're on a couple of threads and not even a spark much less a fire.

You might need some smelling salts if you told some people this was happening.

There's no doubt it's only been a few days and has less than a full roster of posters. However, even the longest journey begins with one step.

Without consciously trying, we've taken more than one step. We will build on it and welcome our "vacationing" brethren back to build this even more.

My one contribution to tag creation was: imrjlookatmeeeeeeeee!

Which I would add right now if I could.

Since some you don't read sports you don't know we've started new era in bball, so maybe we FINALLY can start new era here on Pit too.

I hope people I'm about to out will see this as being positive and using their actions to help board heal and be better.

It's indisputidable that Deacman and RJ have had COUNTLESS tiffs, fights and "e-battles" that became heated and personal ALWAYS ending in Deacman will his tail between legs crawling back to mommy. For years RJ has been telling anyone who would listen that peace is one correspondence away and that Goodman's $18M($15M) numbers were bullshit. And both came true

About two days ago, Deacman FINALLY went out his way to reach to RJ to admit his errors and see if he could mend fences and heal wounds. It was greatly appreciated and long overdue. Of course, RJ thanked him and accepted his long overdue apology.

They are bound to have "couple hiccups" but so long as Deacman stays course of course will work through them and keep any problems from blowing up. There's no doubt whatsoever that they will disagree and disagree BIGLY and LOUDLY about things in the future. It's inenviable. What's not ineviable is that they will go back to where they were.

I'm hoping that they won't go back. I think it's more likely that they won't.

If Deacman can show the STRENGTH and COURAGE to reach out like this after so many wrongs, basically everyone else can. I hope many of you will follow his lead and reach out to RJ to apologize and take accountability for your actions. Admitting you are wrong is NOT a weakness.

Thanks, Deacman and RJ

RJ shut the fuck up you ruin everything you touch and multiple good people have quit because of you. Fuck off now.

RJ shut the fuck up you ruin everything you touch and multiple good people have quit because of you. Fuck off now.

+1,000,000

Whoever agreed to the trade for RJ for Townie, Juice, and Kory needs to be fired. Possibly the worst trade in the history of sports.

Back