• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

Anyone seen the livery that Mclaren will be running this weekend? My god :heart::heart::heart:

They had some good merch too that was apparently limited edition, everything good sold out ASAP unfortunately.

mclaren-mcl35m-with-gulf-liver-1.jpg

Romain Grosjean had a solid weekend on the Indy circuit last week. His first pole in a decade going all the way back to F2 and a P2/podium finish. Toto is also letting him test last years Merc in late June. Happy for him after how his F1 run ended.

My daughter vaguely follows F1. This morning, she watched Q1 with me and I explained about Schumacher in the hairpin back in 2006. I had stuff to do, so I watched the rest later. Before dinner, I said to her "remember when we talked about Schumacher this morning?". She looked horrified. I told her it wasn't nearly that egregious with Leclerc, but it was funny that we had just discussed that earlier.

CRAZY race today. With 3 laps left, looked as if Red Bull was going 1/2, with Hamilton 3 and Bottas out of the points.

Max blew a tire lap 58. Then Hamilton locked his breaks up on the restart after he looked to have passed Checo. Finished with Max out of the race, and both Hamilton and Bottas out of the points, and Checo getting his second F1 win, He seems like an awesome guy, good for him.

Vettel had an awesome drive today, finishing second. and Gasly held off Leclerc for 3rd.

Last edited:
They should just fill in any replacement races with more runs at Baku. Great looking track, and it has really put out some exciting and different results. Even before the tire issues with Stroll and Verstappen, the variety of tire strategies and the mixed up starting grid really made it something different than the standard HAM-VER-BOT we normally see.

I'm not sure the teams can afford more raves at Baku. Seems like a quarter of the field crashes around there.

Bottas better enjoy these last few months in a great car. He's gonna be replaces by the imminently punchable Russell.

Bottas better enjoy these last few months in a great car. He's gonna be replaces by the imminently punchable Russell.

Don't say that about my boy, Russell. I mean the first part definitely, but why would you want to hit him? Such a gentlemanly lad.

I want to see 10 years of the Verstappen/Russell/Norris/Leclerc/Gasly set all in top cars. That is a great group of drivers to base the sport around. Maybe throw in Schumacher and Tsunoda as well, but way too early to tell on them.

Not sure on why you see Mercedes replacing Bottas. I don't particularly like him (doesn't strike me as a Team Player) and maybe they feel he same way.
But it wouldn't be for performance. He had some unbelievably bad luck but the guy is always competitive and doesn't like taking a back seat to Hamilton.
Would you want it any other way?

I think Russell is probably more marketable based on each of their personalities.

If Bottas didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck. The team is also clearly organized around Hamilton, Bottas has been a great #2 for them. Russell seems sportier with his driving style and would probably provide more conflict on and off the track within the team.

Also, Baku rules. I thought "here we go, just hand another race to Hamilton after he had no business winning" but amazing to see him make a mistake which seemingly never happens. Truly happy for Checo. Hamilton seems a little checked out mentally the last 2 races.

Hamilton is year by year at this point, and Bottas is certainly not the future of Mercedes. Also, they need to get Russell out of that Williams before it ruins him, and Mercedes has a big investment in him. It just seems to make sense. I feel a bit bad for Bottas, but he has been there for five seasons now and has never been a serious challenger to Hamilton.

Obviously, I’m not an F1 driver and don’t have the mental mindset to be one, but I do wonder what motivates Hamilton these days. At some level he has to be bored.

Maybe Red Bull challenging gives him some motivation but at the end of the day he’s one of the best ever. What’s left to chase?

Obviously, I’m not an F1 driver and don’t have the mental mindset to be one, but I do wonder what motivates Hamilton these days. At some level he has to be bored.

Maybe Red Bull challenging gives him some motivation but at the end of the day he’s one of the best ever. What’s left to chase?
I guess he's not the outright championships record holder, so maybe there's that? But I'm guessing as a pure competitor he wants to put as much in the books as possible. I dislike him as a fan very much, but he's objectively phenomenal.

I feel bad for Bottas... I've wanted him to be stronger. But gotta think Russell is next up... Guy has shown outstanding form in that shitty Williams.

Bottas is toast, he is going to cost them the constructors championship, that'll be enough to move on. Russell deserves the chance in a real car, future looks pretty bright in F1

That was a solid race yesterday. Lando up to 3rd in Championship.

Having a hard time with Max and Christian bitching and Helmut Marko calling for a race ban is just laughable. Max is the most aggressive driver out there and takes his shots whenever he can. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Neither driver was going to give an inch in that situation.

That was a solid race yesterday. Lando up to 3rd in Championship.

Having a hard time with Max and Christian bitching and Helmut Marko calling for a race ban is just laughable. Max is the most aggressive driver out there and takes his shots whenever he can. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Neither driver was going to give an inch in that situation.

I mean, if Mercedes actually went to the stewards to argue their case without being summoned, then yeah, Red Bull has the right to complain. Marko is a nutjob anyway, so you can safely ignore him. And Max hasn't really made those dangerous moves the past couple years that he did when he first came in. I think the penalty was about right, given what we have seen so far this year.

I have seen a call for them to no longer allow repairs under a red flag, and I do agree with that. Maybe still allow tire changes, but nothing past that.

Back