• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

The dominoes are starting to fall, imagine that Albon to Williams will be announced in the coming weeks. Alfa Romeo 2nd driver might take some time, but pretty sure it won't be Gio.

AlphaTauri confirmed Gasly/Tsunoda for 2022, makes me happy that RB is finally giving their drivers a real chance to develop in their cars.

The dominoes are starting to fall, imagine that Albon to Williams will be announced in the coming weeks. Alfa Romeo 2nd driver might take some time, but pretty sure it won't be Gio.

AlphaTauri confirmed Gasly/Tsunoda for 2022, makes me happy that RB is finally giving their drivers a real chance to develop in their cars.
Definitely won't be Gio if they switch to Merc

Definitely won't be Gio if they switch to Merc

De Vries getting that spot would be cool, I think he would do well. Obviously Piastri and Zhou would be potential candidates if AR can sort out the details with Alpine.

But the super fun move would be them just saying "fuck it" and going with Pourchaire. It won't happen, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming.

I've heard some rumblings about Mick Schumacher going to Alfa also. He almost went there this season, and his relationship with Mazepin is getting worse by the race. I can't see Schumacher driving anything but a Ferrari engine, though.

None of that matters though, because look at that livery this week. It is tremendous.

Also, forgot this was a Sprint weekend. Very excited for that.

Last edited:
I'm sure Formula 1 has plenty of slightly less problematic race tracks ready to step in, like Saudi Arabia or Turkey.

Don't think too many people will miss Sochi, anyway.

Last edited:
I'm sure Formula 1 has plenty of slightly less problematic race tracks ready to step in, like Saudi Arabia or Turkey.

Can we get a petition going for Phil to wave the checkered at the Saudi GP?

I’m curious what happens with Haas. They’re currently testing in a blank white car.

Ahh, didn't know there was an F1 thread. Glad they removed that hack Masi after the BS that went down at the end of last season. They should at least give Hamilton a co-championship, which they won't, but that little punk Verstappen's title has an asterisk by it.

Sochi is not a super fun track, won't miss it at all. I would be a fan of trying to get Germany or China back on the calendar, though that presents its own issues. If nothing else, F1 could always double dip in Sakhir or Austria like they did in 2020.

I’m curious what happens with Haas. They’re currently testing in a blank white car.

Im pretty sure they have been cut off from receiving funds from Uralkali.

Kiss Mazepin's shitty ass goodbye.

Haas has removed Uralkali from their list of sponsors on their website.

Talk is Fittipaldi likely to take Mazepins spot if it opens.

Talk is Fittipaldi likely to take Mazepins spot if it opens.

I've also seen some rumblings of Italian Jesus getting the spot, though I don't know how well-sourced that is.

Bring back Magnussen, IMO.

It is more exciting if a rookie gets the spot, but I'm still disappointed that Rossi didn't get a seat the first season for Haas. I know he is busy elsewhere, but I'd still be excited to see him there.

Back