• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

It is more exciting if a rookie gets the spot, but I'm still disappointed that Rossi didn't get a seat the first season for Haas. I know he is busy elsewhere, but I'd still be excited to see him there.

If it were anyone other than Haas, I would 100% agree that a rookie should take that spot. But after the debacle that was 2021, bringing in a rookie to first-time new regulations in a potential backmarker seems like a recipe for disaster. I know that Gio wouldn't bring a ton of excitement or anything (Magnussen maybe a bit more), but they'd have a better shot I believe at not being dead last place.

Can't believe Hulk hasn't gotten another ride, meanwhile massive tool Stroll continues to be propped up by Ol' Larry.

ETA: Yeah, actually I can. It's modern F1 after all.

In an ideal world, I'd say Hulkenberg or Piastri, but at this stage of the season, I think Fittipaldi would be there, at least for the first two races.

Given that he is their reserve driver, and we are this close to the start of the season seems like the smart call. Not sure if Hulk has gotten any wheel time with the new cars?

Can't believe Hulk hasn't gotten another ride, meanwhile massive tool Stroll continues to be propped up by Ol' Larry.

ETA: Yeah, actually I can. It's modern F1 after all.

Money talks, but also Stroll has more career podiums than Hulk so :shrug:

Money talks, but also Stroll has more career podiums than Hulk so :shrug:
True, but you can't look at the two and tell me Stroll is more talented. Also, that wet German GP from a couple years ago has to still sting for Hulk.

Pretty easy to make that argument that he is. Hulk is the most overrated driver at the moment. Stroll is many things but a tool is not one of them. Norris, Riccardo, Russel, Mazepin, Verstappen, Alonso, are much bigger tools than him.

Latifi and Mazepin are much worse drivers too so not sure why he was singled out.

Pretty easy to make that argument that he is. Hulk is the most overrated driver at the moment. Stroll is many things but a tool is not one of them. Norris, Riccardo, Russel, Mazepin, Verstappen, Alonso, are much bigger tools than him.

Latifi and Mazepin are much worse drivers too so not sure why he was singled out.
Definitely not alone in the tool department, they all qualify to some degree cuz it's F1, but the most egregious example of "Daddy owns the team so I get to have a seat despite lacking any significant talent". Yeah others fall into a similar camp, i.e. Mazepin and Uralkali. But those other guys have at least had to demonstrate talent to make and retain seats.

You ask 10 drivers on the grid who is more talented, Lance or Nico, you're getting 10/10 Nico.

You misspelled George Russell.

Genuinely curious, how is George being rated that you find to be overrating him. I think most places I’ve watched or read, he’s been commended for bringing the Williams to places it really shouldn’t be and has the potential to compete now that he’s at Mercedes, getting lumped into the “potential future WDC” camp with Lando, Leclerc, and co. I think of the young group the most “overrated” is probably Leclerc but I don’t think any of them are truly overrated.

Leclerc i don't think is overrated. He's a very good driver, but got the Ferrari seat before i think he earned it, and has continued to make early Verstappen-esque mistakes.

Russell is absolutely the future of F1. Guy has talent spilling out of his firesuit. Calling him overrated is the most laughable assessment of driver talent I've ever heard.

Stroll definitely got his seat because of his dad, but he has shown some decent race craft over the years, particularly the last two. Beyond Mazepin and maybe Latifi, I don't think there are any stiffs out there driving right now. And Latifi might not be bad, but it is hard to tell when you have a ridiculously talented driver as your teammate.

Stroll definitely got his seat because of his dad, but he has shown some decent race craft over the years, particularly the last two. Beyond Mazepin and maybe Latifi, I don't think there are any stiffs out there driving right now. And Latifi might not be bad, but it is hard to tell when you have a ridiculously talented driver as your teammate.
Agree, Latifi doesn't impress.

Stroll... Man, i just looked back at the last ~4 years and he consistently gets dominated by his teammates. Maybe that's normal for the front markers as a #1/2 get assigned and all development goes to them. But with mid field cars, i would expect more of a consistency between drivers and he does not offer that. Yeah, we often see the better drivers rise to the top, it's not him. Even when Vettel struggled mightily last year, he spanked Stroll.

This is across Williams, Force India/Pink Mercedes, and Aston.

Anybody doing Miami?

It’s on my radar. One of my law school buddies is trying to organize a trip. I have an 8 day trial the weekend before and I’m not sure my wife will be thrilled about me going.

Mazepin is officially out. Replacement will be announced next week.

Leclerc i don't think is overrated. He's a very good driver, but got the Ferrari seat before i think he earned it, and has continued to make early Verstappen-esque mistakes.

Russell is absolutely the future of F1. Guy has talent spilling out of his firesuit. Calling him overrated is the most laughable assessment of driver talent I've ever heard.

Couldn't disagree more about LeClerc. Guy has balls the size of watermelons in what has been an inferior, second tier race car.

Couldn't disagree more about LeClerc. Guy has balls the size of watermelons in what has been an inferior, second tier race car.
Wait, you're not disagreeing with me. I said i don't think he's overrated. He still has learning to do and he earned his Ferrari seat while actually in the seat, which is a little outside the normal Ferrari model. But I'm a fan.

Back