• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

I don't think its necessary doubt on him, its just more faith in red bull and Max to figure it out and hes the best on the grid over the long haul. Sorry Lewis!

I don't think its necessary doubt on him, its just more faith in red bull and Max to figure it out and hes the best on the grid over the long haul. Sorry Lewis!
Interesting to see Lewis not in the best car and one that maybe isn't designed solely for him. Got his ass kicked by George this weekend.

Checo is such a class act... His radio comments to the team and praising Max were top notch. Would love for him to win it all, but that's never going to happen.

Also, my pre-weekend comments about Latifi... Guy continues to screw up every weekend.

I think the combination of long haul COVID and the terrible porpoising in the Merc is really causing Hamilton to suffer. I know the car isn't as good this year, but Hamilton didn't just forget how to drive overnight.

Max and LeClerc are both tremendous drivers, but of completely different styles. Max gets the edge on being "better" right now because he won the championship last season, but long term that judgement is still up in the air.

Sainz unlucky again, but he has been having bad starts that put him in situations where bad luck can ruin his weekend. Surprising after the great opener he had.

A quick shout out to my guys Yuki and Lando for a great race, and to Albon for almost getting in the points again. So happy that Albon got another chance and Hamilton hasn't knocked him off the track again yet.

I think the combination of long haul COVID and the terrible porpoising in the Merc is really causing Hamilton to suffer. I know the car isn't as good this year, but Hamilton didn't just forget how to drive overnight.

Max and LeClerc are both tremendous drivers, but of completely different styles. Max gets the edge on being "better" right now because he won the championship last season, but long term that judgement is still up in the air.

Sainz unlucky again, but he has been having bad starts that put him in situations where bad luck can ruin his weekend. Surprising after the great opener he had.

A quick shout out to my guys Yuki and Lando for a great race, and to Albon for almost getting in the points again. So happy that Albon got another chance and Hamilton hasn't knocked him off the track again yet.
Lol @ the Albon-Hamilton comments.

I think Hamilton's woes really speak to how perfectly suited the previous years' cars were specifically for him. Bottas is a very good talent but he absolutely could not maximize that car's performance because it was built for Lewis. Counter that with this year's Alfa which clearly suits Bottas much more, and look how well above par he's been driving.

I don't know that we've seen many, if any, situations where a top half team has drivers of similar skill AND driving style, where there is frequent back and forth of results.

I really like the front running duel with Max and Charles.

My former boss is in Miami for the race with her son. They met LeClerc yesterday and said he was super nice. They were at a reception with Albon & Latifi last night. :eek:

My husband just landed in Ft. Lauderdale and is ready for a fun race weekend. I will not be surprised if he comes home with new Ferrari stuff.

My former boss is in Miami for the race with her son. They met LeClerc yesterday and said he was super nice. They were at a reception with Albon & Latifi last night. :eek:

My husband just landed in Ft. Lauderdale and is ready for a fun race weekend. I will not be surprised if he comes home with new Ferrari stuff.

Was Latifi invited or did he crash the reception?

Pre-race, Martin interviewing Paulo Banchero on track thinking he was Patrick Mahomes.....yikes

I’m sure he will have a blast and you never can go wrong with Ferrari Stuff.

My company used to sponsor a F1 team (very expensive) and we would get pre-race pit passes, etc. Got to sit in one of the cars….very tight! The drivers were much smaller and narrower than me.

Slight chance of rain today in Monaco.

I love this old, tight course. Such a great start to the greatest day in motorsport.

Slight chance of rain today in Monaco.

I love this old, tight course. Such a great start to the greatest day in motorsport.

Worst circuit in F1 from a pure racing standpoint. Today is basically a processional.

I'll give you that. This is one of the few times I really enjoy the pit strategy aspect of the racing. I don't want every race to come down to pit strategy, but it just fits at Monaco.

Just started raining as they get in the cars. Could shake up the processional nature.

Back