• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

3 hour long pit stop contest. Worst track in racing.

Indy def had it over the Monaco race today. LeClerc def lost his shit after being asked to box for some unknown reason that cost him the race. Red Bull, Ferrari, Red Bull finish with LeClerc 4th.

I actually thought the race was somewhat entertaining, compared to previous years. Different tire strategies, track going from wet to dry, strategy mistakes, etc.

Excited for Baku next - always seems to produce a crazy race with unexpected results.

I actually thought the race was somewhat entertaining, compared to previous years. Different tire strategies, track going from wet to dry, strategy mistakes, etc.

Excited for Baku next - always seems to produce a crazy race with unexpected results.

I agree. Quali is always the best part of a Monaco weekend, but at least there were uncertainties brought up by the rain. The on track action still wasn't great, but it was better than just waiting for someone to make a mistake like most years end up.

And Baku is a great track. It seemed like a strange one to add, but it has turned out to be consistently entertaining and challenging for the drivers in a good way... unlike Jeddah, which is challenging in the worst way. The castle in the middle of the track at turns 8/9/10 is one of the best visuals in F1.

P lame that top 4 cars were within about 2.5 seconds of each other for the last 20 or so laps and there was no possibility of overtake.

Indy def had it over the Monaco race today. LeClerc def lost his shit after being asked to box for some unknown reason that cost him the race. Red Bull, Ferrari, Red Bull finish with LeClerc 4th.

I don't think I've seen a Monaco GP that was better than the same day's Indy 500. Maybe when it rained all day and Buddy Rice won twenty years ago or so.

You will not see a better Formula 1 or any car race for that matter than yesterday's British Grand Prix at Silverstone UK.
From start to exciting conclusion the race had it all. Go out of your way to watch the replay.

You will not see a better Formula 1 or any car race for that matter than yesterday's British Grand Prix at Silverstone UK.
From start to exciting conclusion the race had it all. Go out of your way to watch the replay.

The last 10 laps were the best racing I've seen in years.

Also, that crash by Zhou at the beginning...insane that he walked away unscathed.

And Leclerc is a whiny twat. Get over yourself.

Also, that crash by Zhou at the beginning...insane that he walked away unscathed.

The Halo has now saved at least two lives and possibly 3.

LeClerc guy here; fact is he had that race won, easily, if they brought him to box as they did his teammate.
GP Championships don't come easy and after going out his last two races by mechanical, I'd be pissed as well.

Last edited:
Unless there was some reason Leclerc couldn't come in to the pits, then he was absolutely screwed by his strategy team. Should have won, and I can understand his frustration. Been a tough few races for him.

Another Ferrari engine failure...oof.

That's the 3rd time this season I was leading a draftkings pool late only to see an engine failure wreck me lol.

Yeah that was brutal for Ferrari who should have placed 1 & 2. But as old Boris said yesterday as they led him out of 10 Downing Street......
"Them are the breaks".

Total gut punch for the Constructor's [ETA: for Ferrari] with Perez out early...Sainz's engine let go in amazing fashion. The engine cover was getting absolutely pummeled from inside by what I presume were all kinds of internals, rods, valves...

Another good race, lots of on-track action.

Side note: If I'm paying a good chunk of $$ to watch a race from the stands I'd be pretty annoyed that all the orange smoke was hampering my view.

Total gut punch for the Constructor's [ETA: for Ferrari] with Perez out early...Sainz's engine let go in amazing fashion. The engine cover was getting absolutely pummeled from inside by what I presume were all kinds of internals, rods, valves...

Another good race, lots of on-track action.

Side note: If I'm paying a good chunk of $$ to watch a race from the stands I'd be pretty annoyed that all the orange smoke was hampering my view.

I think there is a pretty specific Dutch grandstand at Austria, and it didn't seem too bad if you avoided that one.

I think there is a pretty specific Dutch grandstand at Austria, and it didn't seem too bad if you avoided that one.

I hear ya but with that said; I never heard the Announcers before specifically mention the "rowdy crowd" on a telecast as they did. And that the Officials need to "address" the situation.
One has to believe they were referring to the crazy Dutch.

Back