• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

I hear ya but with that said; I never heard the Announcers before specifically mention the "rowdy crowd" on a telecast as they did. And that the Officials need to "address" the situation.
One has to believe they were referring to the crazy Dutch.

F1 released a statement prior to the race about the complaints. I assumed it was a racial issue.

F1 released a statement prior to the race about the complaints. I assumed it was a racial issue.

I was actually reading a lot of it was sexual harassment related (women walking in front of grandstands being harassed by all the drunk dudes) and even some specific instances of sexual assault (although I'm sure there was some racial stuff towards Hamilton from the Dutch fans too).

The race itself was great - Mick seems like a different driver since breaking through last weekend.

Vettel retires. Four World Championships. Stellar Career.
Alonso to Aston Martin. Doesn't strike me as much of an upgrade.
Summer break until 8/28.
Hope Ferrari takes the time to pull its collective heads out of their asses.

Alonso is on the last year of his contract and wants a multi year deal but they want to bring up Oscar Piastri.

Aston Martin wants an established name to bring in more sponsorship money.

That was an interesting race to watch. Ferrari just keeps kicking themselves in the nuts. Saw a clip of Verstappen, Russell, and Hamilton all laughing in disbelief about Ferrari putting hard tires on LeClerc.

The rumors are over, and the news is official: Daniel Riccardo will officially split from McLaren at the end of the 2022 Formula 1 season, McLaren said Wednesday. The contract, which was initially supposed to run through the 2023 season, will be ended in a buyout.
As it currently stands, Ricciardo has not just been outperformed regularly by teammate Lando Norris — he’s been absolutely demolished. While Ricciardo did score the team’s only win since 2012, that was a rare high point in his career with the team, not a regular occurrence.
No surprise here; could mean the end of his Formula 1 career. He lost his edge.

No chance this ends his career. He will end up at either Alpine or Haas next year.

No chance this ends his career. He will end up at either Alpine or Haas next year.

I'd like to see Mick get another year, but I don't think he has earned a promotion. So from that standpoint, I hope Danny goes to Alpine. I guess the current assumption is Piastri to McLaren and De Vries to Williams to fill Latifi's seat?

That seems to be what the rumors are. Anything that gets Latifi off the track would be an upgrade. He's a damn menace.

That seems to be what the rumors are. Anything that gets Latifi off the track would be an upgrade. He's a damn menace.

I mean, he isn't dangerous like Pastor Maldonado was or terribly bad like Ryo Haryonto. He is just has no ability to outperform a car and is probably a net negative on overall performance. He seemed reasonably more capable last season when the Williams was better.

He certainly seems out of his depth, and has not shown that he deserves another season. But he isn't the worst pay driver over the past decade or anything. He is just the worst one on the grid now.

Last edited:
I mean, he isn't dangerous like Pastor Maldonado was or terribly bad like Ryo Haryonto. He is just has no ability to outperform a car and is probably a net negative on overall performance. He seemed reasonably more capable last season when the Williams was better.

He certainly seems out of his depth, and has not shown that he deserves another season. But he isn't the worst pay driver over the past decade or anything. He is just the worst one on the grid now.
He's pretty horrible. Hard to compare him with Pastor because the Williams was overall a better car back then so Pastor was in the mix. How much of Latifi's benign suckitude is due to him constantly being at the back? But generally I'd agree that Maldonado's aggressiveness was writing checks that his skillset couldn't cash.

There he goes again taking another car out of a race.

There he goes again taking another car out of a race.

At first glance, absolutely. But the replay showed it was all on Hamilton as he stated after the race,
Kinda getting boring Vers having no competition each week. Ferrari may have the car and drivers to compete but the Team has no literally no solid in race strategy....every race.

Verstappen may be in the beginning stages of a hamilton like run.

At first glance, absolutely. But the replay showed it was all on Hamilton as he stated after the race,
Kinda getting boring Vers having no competition each week. Ferrari may have the car and drivers to compete but the Team has no literally no solid in race strategy....every race.

Latifi took out Bottas, not Hamilton.

Verstappen may be in the beginning stages of a hamilton like run.

Max is so dominant. He started near the back and was in first 15 laps in. Would think F1 wants it to be more competitive.

Max is so dominant. He started near the back and was in first 15 laps in. Would think F1 wants it to be more competitive.

Agree- I even like Max but think it will start getting boring if every race's result feels inevitable. What could F1 do to bring about more competitive races?

Agree- I even like Max but think it will start getting boring if every race's result feels inevitable. What could F1 do to bring about more competitive races?

This season and last season have had some of the most entertaining racing in a long time. We're coming out of seven years of domination by Mercedes and Hamilton; Verstappen running away with one season isn't going to result in major changes. F1 has never been about parity.

Pure incompetence by Ferrari. Almost gave up a last lap position for Leclerc to Alonso just to get a fastest lap they didn't actually get. Monkeys fucking footballs.

Back