• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

What do people think about the Racing Point controversy? I am a Stroll fan so I want things to work out for them but experts seem to think they will be convicted of cheating.

I read a little about it today. From what I gather they were using instrumentation that was Mercedes IP? I honestly am not familiar enough with the rules on that to say.

Also a Lance Stroll fan?! He annoys the shit out of me.

Ocon had issues with Perez too, back when they were teammates at Force India. I don't know that it would have mattered much yesterday, though, since that Renault definitely limped home down the stretch.

Leclerc definitely made a rookie mistake, but at least he owned up to it. A little easier to do so when you still have three+ seasons left on your contract, but good on him still. Vettel isn't going to get a seat next season. He will sit out and maybe come back in 2022 with lower standards, if he can't find anything else to occupy him.

Yesterday wasn't nearly as exciting as round 1, but I guess they can't all be bangers. Lando kind of saved it at the end though.

Vettel (Ferrari in general) has looked like shit this year but no way a 4 time world champ doesn’t get a seat next year. He will def have to move back to a mid-tier team.

While the Austrian Grand Prix was certainly entertaining, I think this week's Styrian Grand Prix serves as a good preview for what we can expect all season: clinically excellent performances from Mercedes; solid driving from Red Bull, but a lack of pace necessary to really compete with the Silver Arrows; an exciting and wide-open midfield; utter incompetence from Ferrari.

I am a huge Norris and McLaren fan. I am trying to determine whether these past two weeks are just flukes, or if they are signs that the team really could keep Norris in the top three in the drivers standings and earn a podium finish in the constructors standings. While the team lacks the pace of Mercedes, Red Bull, and Racing Point, they seem to be developing great strategies and managing races well. It also seems that the team has a fantastic, collaborative culture unlike, well, every other team on the grid. Case in point: this past week, Sainz knew that he didn't have the pace and was holding Norris back. So, what do they do? Sainz gives Norris a tow, then drops off for fresh tires and a chance at setting the fastest lap. This gives Norris clean air, and he goes and passes Ricciardo, Stroll, and Perez on the last two laps. Meanwhile, Sainz actually beats Verstappen for the fastest-lap point. Just flawless execution.

Really happy for the Meme Lord and hope that he and McLaren can keep it going.

Vettel (Ferrari in general) has looked like shit this year but no way a 4 time world champ doesn’t get a seat next year. He will def have to move back to a mid-tier team.

He would get a spot at a mid tier team next season, but I don't know that he would take it. I think he has too much ego to step back like that.

He would get a spot at a mid tier team next season, but I don't know that he would take it. I think he has too much ego to step back like that.

There's a story today that he's considering a seat in Aston Martin (the current Racing Point team) next year. Presumably he'd replace Perez since Stroll's dad owns the team. At the moment, Racing Point's cars are faster and more reliable than the Ferraris.

I'd love to see him in Indycars, but he doesn't seem to be the type.

Perez has a three year deal and is a better driver at the moment in my opinion.

I did see that article. Perez is looking to have a very good season, so long as the Renault protest is dismissed. And I can't see Stroll getting booted. I think the only way Vettel could end up there is if they work out a potential jump to Mercedes for Perez.

Stroll to Haas Perez and Seb at Aston.
Unfortunately that won’t happen. Perez is much better than Lance but, as the say, blood thicker blah blah.

Mercedes is gonna throw stupid money at Hamilton and Bottas to keep the team together, no?

Will be very interested to see what shakes out with the new cars and spending cap.

Mercedes is gonna throw stupid money at Hamilton and Bottas to keep the team together, no?

Will be very interested to see what shakes out with the new cars and spending cap.

You'd think Mercedes would....they've been such a dominant team together.

Apparently RBR has joined the “going nowhere this season” club with Ferrari.
Norris to the rescue.

Another Sunday, another Hamilton victory.

Utterly dominant victory - by lap 65 he had lapped every other driver except Verstappen & Bottas. Then he pitted because he could (such a huge lead) took on fresh tires to try and get fastest lap and ended up setting the lap record, despite having to pass through lapped traffic again.

In the end, only 4 other cars finished on the lead lap. Just an utter obliteration of the field.

Another Sunday, another Hamilton victory.

It was but, did you see Max mechanics pull off that amazing front end work with 30 secs to spare on the grid? Wow!. They deserve Driver of the Day for that one.

Lewis Hamilton is in a class of his own. An absolute legend. Really pumped to see this new guard compete for titles after Hamilton retires.

It’s kinda awesome to watch F1 and not have any real allegiance to a team. Other than pulling for Danny Ric, it’s nice to be able to enjoy something for the beauty of the sport and not being a psycho fan.

Danny Ric and Lando Norris both on Mclaren next year will be great. Also like Sainz, wonder if he's even excited about the Ferrari move anymore though.

Lewis Hamilton is in a class of his own. An absolute legend. Really pumped to see this new guard compete for titles after Hamilton retires.

The question is when does Lewis Hamilton retire? He's only 35 years old. If he wins this season (which let's face it, it's going to be him or Bottas), he'd be tied with Schumacher for the most F1 titles, and he's young enough that I think he's going to want that title all to himself.

The question is when does Lewis Hamilton retire? He's only 35 years old. If he wins this season (which let's face it, it's going to be him or Bottas), he'd be tied with Schumacher for the most F1 titles, and he's young enough that I think he's going to want that title all to himself.

I think he stays long enough to win 10

I think he stays long enough to win 10

I think he stays until he's at least 40. I think Bottas is in a position to win some titles in the next couple of years though as well which will make it tougher for Hamilton. Will be interesting to see to see how much strife this causes between the two of them.

Hamilton's biggest question is what is more important: racing or advocacy? He can do both, but at some point he will feel like he can accomplish more if he isn't on a crazy race schedule all the time. That is the point when he retires. I don't think he really cares about the records that much, aside from his naturally competitive nature once he gets in the car.

Back