• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

Feels like Bottas got done dirty on this one. Also, next week in Spain will be as hot. We'll see what tires Pirreli brings.

Merc are not going to let Bottas finish ahead of Hamilton until LH has a insurmountable lead in the points.

Merc are not going to let Bottas finish ahead of Hamilton until LH has a insurmountable lead in the points.
Yep, but they say it's fair game between their drivers each start of the season. So no race for the title again this year..

Disappointed that Hulkenberg wasn't able to finish higher, but still a good showing for him this weekend. Disappointed that Albon hasn't been able to stay closer to Max. There is no way Red Bull is going to pull the switch again mid-season, but I really though Albon would be doing better. LeClerc is just an absolute champ, and Seb has already given up on the season. Ferrari hasn't made many good calls lately, but they absolutely nailed it with the long term LeClerc contract.

Disappointed that Hulkenberg wasn't able to finish higher, but still a good showing for him this weekend. Disappointed that Albon hasn't been able to stay closer to Max. There is no way Red Bull is going to pull the switch again mid-season, but I really though Albon would be doing better. LeClerc is just an absolute champ, and Seb has already given up on the season. Ferrari hasn't made many good calls lately, but they absolutely nailed it with the long term LeClerc contract.

I also want Pirelli to force more two stop races. It is so much more interesting.

Albon doesn't seem to qualify as well as his car would suggest he should. But he drove the thing to 5th today, and would have been 4th if not for Leclerc being a better race strategist than the Ferrari race strategist. Albon made some impressive overtakes today.

Spain is next week. It has a reputation for being boring because the teams test there and have so much data.

If any of you guys play F1 19 on XB1 (haven’t picked up 20 yet), shoot me a message, I’d love to play online some. Disclaimer I’m HORRIBLE but it’s fun as hell.

I’m not a big video game enthusiast, but I’m so impressed by Codemasters and the F1 games. The game is so technical and I feel like they’ve captured the feeling of being in the cockpit as well as you possibly could. Seriously considering one of the sim setups with a force feedback wheel.

What a snoozer of a race today. I pretty much wasted those two hours. Not even anything exciting in the midfield.

What a snoozer of a race today. I pretty much wasted those two hours. Not even anything exciting in the midfield.

I enjoyed the race for second and listening to the various putting strategies.

Does Lewis Hamilton get bored out there?

I enjoyed the race for second and listening to the various putting strategies.

Does Lewis Hamilton get bored out there?

Apparently, Hamilton didn't realize he had finished the race until they told him on the radio. So I'd say he maybe got into a bit of a zen state, focused on the driving.

Love my F1 but I must admit I had high hopes that Sunday"s Spanish GP would be competitive but unfortunately it was a snoozer.

I'm excited for the drama when Seb finally blows a gasket and the entire Ferrari relationship explodes.

Spa this weekend.

It's FP2 so you can't put much stock in it. But still, some interesting results.

Verstappen and Ricciardo bested Hamilton. Bottas in P6. Ferrari are wayyy far back with absolutely no pace (Leclerc in P15 and Seb in P17).

The finishing order: Max, Danny Ric, Lewis, Albon, Checo, Bottas, Lando, Ocon, Sainz, Gasly, Stroll, Kvyat, Giovinazzi, Kimi, Leclerc, Russell, Seb, Latifi, Grosjean, KMag

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...hamilton-in-second.wdcj7UabAAiNGQcjXJ20G.html

No point in even having the races at the moment. Renault having a huge day was the only interesting thing.

Best part was Bottas saying he didn’t realize he wasn’t allowed to race. Then when he got instructions to give it all he got he lost 2 seconds the next five laps. Great stuff.

Merc doing what they are supposed to do: build a fast car and get it to the end. Other teams need to get their shit together to make it competitive. Red Bull has a great driver in Max but an average car. Ferrari is a shitshow. Good showing from Renault.

The result will probably be the same next week at Monza (and Mugello, and wherever they go after that)

Ferrari next week will again be such a laughingstock. If they go with new regs and a salary cap of sorts it MAY help competitive balance but then again Lewis is just dominant. Imagine if Verstappen and Lewis were in the same car though.

Back