Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Looks like banning party mode for the engines didn't matter the way they thought it would. Not here anyway.

Even if Mercedes runs away with it today again which is pretty likely, the battle for last podium spot and 3-10 overall should be fun with Verstappen starting fifth. Gasly has really been impressive this season it would be nice to see him improve on his 7th place best finish for the season.

Bottas needs to be replaced.

This is epic.

Absolutely wild race. What a run for Gasly.

So great; so different and so great to see. Monza was also a winner!!

Personally I canít wait until Sainz moves to Ferrari.

As a Hamilton fan I hated that he and the team let an easy win get away. But it is nice seeing a new podium and I'm thrilled for Gasly. He deserves it after the last year he has been through.

Wild race, but I wish we could get a great race with teams challenging Mercedes on a weekly basis. Hopefully with the next regulations we will get that. Even after the chaos in the middle of the race, there still wasn't a ton of passing and battles for position.

As someone who detests Hamilton, I am glad to see someone else win. Go Gasly!!

I respect Hamilton a great deal, but much prefer when he has to face some adversity. His team should have been on top of that and backed off the call to box. Feel bad for Sainz, as that may be the closest he gets to a victory for a while. Tremendous win for Gasly, though. That shot of him sitting on the podium by himself was just tremendous.

As unearned as it would have been, I do kind of wish Latifi had been able to hold 10th place. Going to be very strange without the Williams family going forward, and it would have been nice to send them out with a point.

Excited to see Ricciardo in a McLaren next year.
    Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Excited to see Ricciardo in a McLaren next year.
    I just want an entire Netflix series devoted to the Adventures of Smilin' Danny and the Meme Lord. That is by far the team I'd want to hang out with next season.

Renault to be rebranded as Alpine next year.

Sergio Perez's departure from Racing Point (aka TRacing Point) has just been confirmed. This clears the way for Seb to take Perez's seat at the team to be rebranded as Aston Martin for next year.

Big debate now is whether Red Bull should re-swap Albon for Gasly, and whether Gasly should even accept the seat if offered.

If I'm Gasly, I don't have a desire to return to Red Bull after they kinda did me dirty last season. However, he may be a realist and recognize that Red Bull are probably his best ticket to competing and competing soon.

Meanwhile, Red Bull (at least publicly) are sticking by Albon.
    Last edited by OldAlmaMaterSon; 09-09-2020 at 04:34 PM.

He was terrible for Red Bull. They were 100% justified to cut him last year. Obviously he should join Reb Bull if they will take him back unless he thinks Mercedes will make the right decision and cut Bottas. Donít think he is in line for that seat anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by OldAlmaMaterSon View Post
    Sergio Perez's departure from Racing Point (aka TRacing Point) has just been confirmed. This clears the way for Seb to take Perez's seat at the team to be rebranded as Aston Martin for next year.

Big debate now is whether Red Bull should re-swap Albon for Gasly, and whether Gasly should even accept the seat if offered.

If I'm Gasly, I don't have a desire to return to Red Bull after they kinda did me dirty last season. However, he may be a realist and recognize that Red Bull are probably his best ticket to competing and competing soon.

Meanwhile, Red Bull (at least publicly) are sticking by Albon.
    Word is that Vettel will take that Aston Martin seat next year

Quote Originally Posted by ronin1409 View Post
    Maybe.. or maybe Toto goes to AM and brings Lewis with him..

Quote Originally Posted by ronin1409 View Post
    Signed this morning.
    Hungry

So Italy has been absolute nuts 2 weeks in a row. 12 cars left, 2nd red flag of the race. William's might get points and Cyril Abitetoul may be getting a tattoo courtesy of Ricciardo

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Signed this morning.
    I think the second red flag probably cost Ricciardo the podium.
    Hungry