• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

There is no such thing as a great race when Hamilton is on his game. Race is for fourth place tomorrow. Verstappen may beat Bottas for second.

Question. Are you limited to how often you can change tires during the race? During qualifying??
Just watched Hamilton spin out during qualifying. That doesn’t happen often.

You are limited in how many tires you can use every weekend. Teams can use them however they want though.

Last edited:
Formula 2 is awesome. So much passing because the teams are so even.

You are limited in how many tires you can use every weekend. Teams can use them however they want though. Wet tires have no limit. Learned that two weeks ago.

Helpful, thanks. So if you “wreck” your soft tires you can only go to your medium or hard ones? Or you declare before you go out how many of which ones you will use?

Last edited:
Basically is the entire race just “Hope Hamilton messes up?” I wanna get into it but most races are Groundhog Day.

Basically is the entire race just “Hope Hamilton messes up?” I wanna get into it but most races are Groundhog Day.

That is the case this year. Past years at least had a few races where other teams were good too.

It does appear to be a one (or should I say two) horse race between the two Mercedes but exciting as hell never the less.
So much going on. If you want to get into F1 start as I did with the two seasons on Netflix. You’ll become obsessed after watching those.

https://formularapida.net/fia-revea...tyre-grid-along-with-other-technical-changes/

If you run out of one then you have to choose out of the other two types you have left.

Also, every car is required to race on two different compounds (soft-hard, medium-hard, or soft-medium) during the race. This restriction is waived if it is a wet race. In years past, teams were able to choose their tire allocation, but this season every team gets the same number of soft, medium, and hard tires. I assume that is all covered in the link, but that is the short version if you don't want to click through.

It does appear to be a one (or should I say two) horse race between the two Mercedes but exciting as hell never the less.
So much going on. If you want to get into F1 start as I did with the two seasons on Netflix. You’ll become obsessed after watching those.

Hamilton running away with everything is fairly annoying on the surface, but the most enjoyment in F1 is found in the midfield pack. The race for 5th - 10th place is really where the action is, but it is tough to get into that when you turn on a race for the first couple times.

Also, every car is required to race on two different compounds (soft-hard, medium-hard, or soft-medium) during the race. This restriction is waived if it is a wet race. In years past, teams were able to choose their tire allocation, but this season every team gets the same number of soft, medium, and hard tires. I assume that is all covered in the link, but that is the short version if you don't want to click through.
Another thing to note is that teams have to start the race with the tires they used in Quali 2. So some take a gamble with going on a harder compound and try to get to Q3 so they can do a longer first stint before pitting in the race.

You are limited in how many tires you can use every weekend. Teams can use them however they want though. Wet tires have no limit. Learned that two weeks ago.

Not sure that’s correct... there may well be a rule change I missed but thought teams were limited to 3 sets of wets per weekend.

Mercedes romping again today. Good battles for 5-10 so far especially with Grosjean still on mediums out there.

Absolutely wild last three laps. Why in the world did Red Bull pit? Verstappen would have won. Mercedes fell apart at the end.

Absolutely wild last three laps. Why in the world did Red Bull pit? Verstappen would have won. Mercedes fell apart at the end.

Calculated gamble. 2nd place was a lock so fastest lap extra point.
I wouldn’t have done it but I’m not a team mgr :D

Yeah i get the fastest lap gamble but at the time he started to box Hamilton already had his shredded tire issue.

Great race; so much fun to watch on a lazy Sunday morning. The last 3 laps had you jumping out of your seat.
Hamilton did his usual incredible job keeping his car on the track and finishing. Renault finishing 6th and Bottas 11th and pointless the biggest surprises.

Last edited:
Yeah i get the fastest lap gamble but at the time he started to box Hamilton already had his shredded tire issue.

Verstappen pitted with 2 laps remaining. Hamiltons tyre shredded on the last lap.

I think you mean Bottas had already had his tyre issue.

Back