• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

Exciting race today.

Lewis Hamilton ties Michael Schumacker’s record for wins.

Kimi Raikonen sets record for most starts.

Ricciardo gets his first podium since Monaco 2018 and first for Renault since 2011.

Nico Hulkenberg goes from 20th to 8th after getting a call yesterday to sub for Lance Stroll.

A lot going on today. Albon is probably getting fired. Cyril is getting a tattoo. Netflix is going to need more episodes to get this season in.

A lot going on today. Albon is probably getting fired. Cyril is getting a tattoo. Netflix is going to need more episodes to get this season in.

Was there anything actually wrong with his car or did they just pull him off the track. Red Bull Twitter said it was a PU issue but that was the first I’d heard of it.

Christian Horner looked pretty pissed.

Was there anything actually wrong with his car or did they just pull him off the track. Red Bull Twitter said it was a PU issue but that was the first I’d heard of it.

Christian Horner looked pretty pissed.
Officially they said PU. But I'm skeptical. Albon had made several mistakes already and was complaining about being raced too hard. Agreed Horner looked pissed.

To see Hülkenburg drop in and score points from last with no practice just makes Albon look even worse. I think the Red Bull car is good enough for a podium every race; Max is getting more out of it than he should and Alex is getting less than he should.

Grosjean crash today was insane, I’ve never seen a car literally cut in half like that and instantly explode. He’s fortunate to be alive, looks pretty clear that halo saved his life.

Grosjean crash today was insane, I’ve never seen a car literally cut in half like that and instantly explode. He’s fortunate to be alive, looks pretty clear that halo saved his life.

I thought the crew calling the race was quite blasé about it at first. I was yelling at the tv to go back and offer some sort of immediate update.

They may not have been able to see it quite like we could in real time. I think once they realized what had happened the gravity seemed to set in. I couldn’t believe it when Romain jumped over the barrier. Huge kudos to the FIA and to Haas for developing and implementing safety tech that saved his life. This would have been a different story several years ago.

While the halo ruins the clean lines of an F1 car, it certainly saved Romain's life yesterday. I'll take living race car drivers over clean car lines every day. So thankful for the engineers who set up the safety tech.

Absolutely the worst crash I have seen live. The halo certainly saved his life.

No one should complain about the F1 halo and the Indycar windscreen being ugly after this. It's unbelievable Grosjean walked away from that fireball. It's a testament to how much safer the cars and tracks have become that this kind of accident is so shocking now. And I believe F1 still relies on part-time, local safety crews at their races; the Bahrain crew was there in no time and did a great job.

Grosjean is supposed to join Bourdais at Foyt next year to make a great driver lineup at an awful team. Pietro Fittipaldi is subbing for him in the second Bahrain race, at least.

Lewis Hamilton is out this week after a positive test for COVID.

Perfect opportunity for Russell assuming Williams will release him.

Anybody but Russell or anyone else with a current team.

No one should complain about the F1 halo and the Indycar windscreen being ugly after this. It's unbelievable Grosjean walked away from that fireball. It's a testament to how much safer the cars and tracks have become that this kind of accident is so shocking now. And I believe F1 still relies on part-time, local safety crews at their races; the Bahrain crew was there in no time and did a great job.

Grosjean is supposed to join Bourdais at Foyt next year to make a great driver lineup at an awful team. Pietro Fittipaldi is subbing for him in the second Bahrain race, at least.

Somewhat lucky that it was on the first lap, so the medical car was literally right behind the crash when it happened. Although Grosjean was able to get out on his own, so I'm not sure that it would have made a huge difference in this case. Pretty remarkable stuff, but I agree with some of the drivers that it didn't need to be shown repeatedly after the fact. I'm sure that if Grosjean was badly hurt, they would have refrained, but that is still a tough thing for those drivers and engineers to have to see over and over again right before getting back to the race. And kudos to F1 for sticking to their guns with the Halo. This is now twice that it has clearly saved a driver from serious injury or death.

And while I think it is bad sportsmanship for Mercedes to get Russell for their car this weekend, the sale of Williams earlier this season likely makes that a matter of Mercedes writing a big enough check. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Russell in that car, but it does feel a bit icky to pull him from another team to do so. My first pick would be Hulk, but I think Stoffel would do fine as well.

ETA: I would absolutely die laughing if they called Rosberg back to fill in. He's probably too busy making YouTube videos, though.

Awful crash; no-one would have thought he would get out of that one alive.
He must of burned the shit out of his hands hopping over that barrier.
Glad he's ok.

Not too surprising, but Nikita Mazepin has officially been announced as a Haas driver for next season.

Mazepin is like Lance Stroll in that he is bankrolled by his billionaire father.

But while Lance seems relatively harmless off track, Mazepin has caused some controversy. In 2016, he received a one-race ban for punching Callum Illot. On social media, he recently wished COVID-19 a "happy birthday" and included a reference to eating bats for good measure. Also, not sure of the authenticity, but screenshots purportedly depicting harassing/kinda gross DMs from Mazepin to various women online have emerged.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/30421021/who-nikita-mazepin-why-did-get-2021-haas-drive

Curious to see how Russell stacks up against Bottas in that car. If Hamilton wasn't so dominant, Bottas wouldn't have been pulling his weight in the Constructors' and there's be a fight with Red Bull. There have been some reliability issues on his side of the garage, but his qualifying and first laps have left a little bit to be desired.

Curious to see how Russell stacks up against Bottas in that car. If Hamilton wasn't so dominant, Bottas wouldn't have been pulling his weight in the Constructors' and there's be a fight with Red Bull. There have been some reliability issues on his side of the garage, but his qualifying and first laps have left a little bit to be desired.

He’s constantly having terrible starts.

Back