• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

I don't think Bottas is going to take down Hamilton while they are both in the same car

I don't think Bottas is going to take down Hamilton while they are both in the same car

Merc won’t let him. Bottas is nothing more than a blocker for LH and a couple of extra points for Merc. Read some of his comments about qualifying behind Lewis..
“Too much fuel in the car” “ride height too high” etc.. all that is on the Crew they’re tge ones that decide those things.

I think that undersells Bottas's position a bit. Yes, Hamilton is the number 1, but Mercedes abolutely wants Bottas to be in second place. They need Bottas to be competitive to ensure the Constructors championship, which is the thing that really matters.

I think that undersells Bottas's position a bit. Yes, Hamilton is the number 1, but Mercedes abolutely wants Bottas to be in second place. They need Bottas to be competitive to ensure the Constructors championship, which is the thing that really matters.
Exactly my point. They will never allow a Bottas WDC. He may win a race or even two if Lewis is DNF or having issues but that’s it..

Maybe it was just hyperbolic, but I was more pointing out that he is there to do more than just block and get a few points. If Bottas was finishing in the lower half of the top ten regularly, I have no doubt he would be pretty quickly replaced. Although, it would be very tough to finish low in that car without going full Maldonado, so maybe your point stands.

F1 canceled the Americas races for this year. Races to replace them are in Portugal, Germany and Italy.

Austin and Montreal are both good races, but I'm excited for their replacements. It would be great if they could give a once-over to the calendar and take out some of the weaker tracks overall. I'm sure they won't because money, but at least we get a crazy season this year.

IndyCar is cancelling Portland and Laguna Seca; it would be cool if they could pick up Hermanos Rodriguez and Circuit Gilles Villeneuve as replacements.

Wow an F1 thread; awesome.
My sons and I have become huge F1 fans after getting into the Netflix Series and then going to our first race in Austin last year. It is simply the best and being there was just incredible. We agreed to go to a different race each year and the virus hit. Hopefully we will resume our trek (since we have a long way to go) in 2021. For the record, I'm a Ferrari fan; the oldest roots for Mercedes (duh) and the youngest pulls for McLaren with all of us acknowledging that Hamilton operates from another planet, he's that good.

Not quite F1 but I've always been shocked how NASCAR dominates the American race scene when to me IRL is just light years better. NASCAR is a more consistent schedule but NASCAR is flat out boring compared to Indy Racing.

Not quite F1 but I've always been shocked how NASCAR dominates the American race scene when to me IRL is just light years better. NASCAR is a more consistent schedule but NASCAR is flat out boring compared to Indy Racing.

It wasn't always that way. Tony George nearly destroyed American open wheel racing.

“We agreed to go to a different race each year and the virus hit. Hopefully we will resume our trek (since we have a long way to go) in 2021“

I strongly suggest Montreal. Been a few times always exciting.

It wasn't always that way. Tony George nearly destroyed American open wheel racing.

Yep. Sure did. I can’t fathom going to both an Indy race and a nascar race then thinking the latter was even close to the same class.

Silverstone looks like such a great venue. And not too far from London it seems, maybe 60-70 miles.
Watching the qualifying round as we speak and so looking forward to a great race tomorrow.
Anyone ever see a race there?

Back