• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

I'm officially booked for the grandstand by the high speed S's in Austin :thumbsup:

I mean, if Mercedes actually went to the stewards to argue their case without being summoned, then yeah, Red Bull has the right to complain. Marko is a nutjob anyway, so you can safely ignore him. And Max hasn't really made those dangerous moves the past couple years that he did when he first came in. I think the penalty was about right, given what we have seen so far this year.

I have seen a call for them to no longer allow repairs under a red flag, and I do agree with that. Maybe still allow tire changes, but nothing past that.

I definitely think no repairs on a red flag makes 100 percent sense.

I'm officially booked for the grandstand by the high speed S's in Austin :thumbsup:

My buddy is trying to book this trip. I’m not sure how cool my wife will be with me leaving her with a 2.5 month old and a 3 year old.

Miami on the other hand…

Ill be in Austin as well, GA tickets. Never been to a race, I'm sure the GA tickets suck but whatever I'm pumped.

I've done Austin with GA and it's just a slog to get around and see anything but still awesome. Pick a spot where you can see something and post up. The area around turns 15-19 is good, the hairpin at 11 is usually rowdy with easy booze access and fun to see them take the turn and rip down the straight. Never even ventured to the side of the track we're going to be on this time so figured it was worth the cost to see it and sit still.

Last time I went GA was 2018 (I think?) and I swore I'd do grandstands forever after that but I'm also old and cranky now. I think we walked about 11 miles that day.

I cant imagine what it must look like in person. The speed, the turning, the grip etc. It must be a shock at first

I cant imagine what it must look like in person. The speed, the turning, the grip etc. It must be a shock at first

Well said. I did Austin in ‘19 and shock and awe describes it perfectly. Want to do Grandstand and have only GA. Hand the guy at the ramp $10 and ur in. That’s what we did.

I really want to go to a race. But i want to go with someone who knows how to do it right. Otherwise knowing me I will end up in another zip code facing a brick wall.

I really want to go to a race. But i want to go with someone who knows how to do it right. Otherwise knowing me I will end up in another zip code facing a brick wall.

There are plenty of resources online for first time race goers. There are videos on Youtube that show the view from many different sections around the track, so you know where to get your tickets at. I'd think it would be more fun with a friend in general, but there is certainly advice available for solos/first timers.

Exciting qualifying. Norris with a massive accident in Q3. Verstappen just edges out Russell for Pole, and my boy, Danny Ric, starting P4.

Latest rumor mill seems to be George to Merc, Bottas to Alfa Romeo (with Kimi retiring), and Albon taking the empty seat at Williams. Sounds pretty realistic to me...

Really hope Albon gets another chance. Maybe in the Williams he won't be in position for Hamilton to run him off the road again.

Latest rumor mill seems to be George to Merc, Bottas to Alfa Romeo (with Kimi retiring), and Albon taking the empty seat at Williams. Sounds pretty realistic to me...

I will be interested to see if Alfa Romeo take this chance to also let Giovinazzi go as well and start fresh with a young guy like Ilott or Shwartzman. Bottas can easily be the lead driver and help a younger guy learn how to drive in F1, would be a breath of fresh air after being pretty much nowhere as a team for most of 2021.

Last edited:
I will be interested to see if Alfa Romeo take this chance to also let Giovinazzi go as well and start fresh with a young guy like Ilott or Shwartzman. Bottas can easily be the lead driver and help a younger guy learn how to drive in F1, would be a breath of fresh air after being pretty much nowhere as a team for most of 2021.

Word is that Giovinazzi is also out and they are bringing in de Vries. Which is cool since he is the one F2 guy that hasn't gotten a shot yet.

Word is that Giovinazzi is also out and they are bringing in de Vries. Which is cool since he is the one F2 guy that hasn't gotten a shot yet.

Alfa is rumored to be switching from Ferrari to Merc engines next year, so de Vries would make sense being a Mercedes reserve driver. Giovinazzi is a paid Ferrari seat and Ilott and Shwartzman are both Ferrari driver academy.

Last edited:
Two Williams cars into the wall in Q2, forcing Norris out in Q2. Zandvoort is going to be super tricky tomorrow, Q3 is going to be so huge, might decide the race itself.

Bottas is officially leaving Mercedes for Alfa Romeo.

Is Alfa changing team names? Can't imagine a subsidiary of Stellantis being ok using Merc power.

Back