• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

Wait, you're not disagreeing with me. I said i don't think he's overrated. He still has learning to do and he earned his Ferrari seat while actually in the seat, which is a little outside the normal Ferrari model. But I'm a fan.

Yikes, sorry. Thought I read you thought he was over rated.

I technically was the one who said Leclerc was “overrated” but only in the context of “if any of the young generation is, I think it’s Leclerc”. He’s a great driver and I think has potential to be a WDC contender, but he was supposed to be the clear #1 at Ferrari after Vettel left and got out driven by Sainz. I think he’s slightly overrated relative to Lando, Russell, Max, et al, but not just purely overrated.

I technically was the one who said Leclerc was “overrated” but only in the context of “if any of the young generation is, I think it’s Leclerc”. He’s a great driver and I think has potential to be a WDC contender, but he was supposed to be the clear #1 at Ferrari after Vettel left and got out driven by Sainz. I think he’s slightly overrated relative to Lando, Russell, Max, et al, but not just purely overrated.
I think Max is in a class of his own. That dude has zero fear bordering on recklessness, but all the greats did/do.

I think Russell has a great balance to his skill and should thrive at Merc, especially when he becomes the #1.

The number of talented young drivers in F1 right now is awesome. Leclerc, Russell, Norris, Verstappen, Sainz, and Gasly should all be around for a decade or more, not even considering guys like Shumacher, Albon, and Tsunoda that the jury is still out on. They just need to find a way to get the cars a bit closer in performance.

Mazepin is officially out. Replacement will be announced next week.

Good riddance. What a nothing career when all is said and done. He’ll be remembered for finishing 21st in a 20 driver championship and for holding the “fastest lap” at the 2021 Belgian Grand Prix (if this doesn’t make sense, look it up). Beyond that, I think he’ll quickly fade from memory.

I'm extremely excited for what is likely going to be a crazy season, just judging by the past couple weeks, but I'm also very confused. How are we supposed to know which turns the drivers can go wide at during which sessions if the new race director just says "Follow the rules. Stay within the white lines."?

Merc really don't look like they are just sandbagging at this point, Ferrari and Red Bull look a clear tier above as it stands now. I think this will be Verstappen/Leclerc for the win on Sunday and Merc just hoping they can somehow get above Perez to not lose too much at the start of the season. Qualifying may have some surprises tomorrow, but I would be shocked if Merc pull a half second or more out of the ether.

If you haven’t seen the latest Drive to Survive Episodes on Netflix that dropped a few weeks ago get on it.
So good.

If you haven’t seen the latest Drive to Survive Episodes on Netflix that dropped a few weeks ago get on it.
So good.

I’ve got two episodes left. Hopefully finish them tonight before qualifying tomorrow.

I've heard it isn't as good as previous seasons, but I haven't had a chance to watch it myself yet.

The fourth season of DTS was solid, but not as good as the prior three seasons IMHO. They really leaned into the whole "Guenther Steiner is a lovable, acerbic, foul-mouthed character" schtick, which I actually didn't mind. And the season finale is really great.

However, I don't think they created as compelling or seamless a narrative as they did in the past. Partially contributing to this is the fact that it's now so patently obvious that they hype up driver rivalries and animosities that aren't actually that big of a deal.

When it comes to the upcoming season, I'm expecting the unexpected. If F1's goals were to break up the Mercedes-Red Bull hegemony and drive greater parity, it looks like they'll succeed. Ferrari look super dangerous, and I've heard several commentators argue that there's no real "back markers." All of the teams will be in the mix for points each and every weekend.

Can't wait to get the season started!

Just watched FP1 and currently engaged in FP2. Shaping up to beat competitive and exciting season. The Merc looks like an F117A with those angled sidepods. Stoked for quali.

On pole.. Chucky LayClerk!!!
H7JAUgtxkFD74YDv9

Last edited:
A bit disappointed with the inconsistency in punishing track violations, but very excited about how mixed up that grid is going to be (I do wish McLaren had fared a bit better).

I’m surprised Yuki Tsunoda can see over the steering wheel.

5 minutes to lights out. Odds that Max-Charles wreck in to turn 1?

Back