• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

Crazy finish. Max had issues that the garage didn't seem to pick up on. Or didn't tell him. 3 of 4 Red Bull cars broke. Ferrari is strong. Mercedes is in a class of their own, but not the class they are used to.

Haas in third place in the Constructors after one race. Crazy. Felt bad for Shumacher in P11, but maybe next race he won't get spun on lap 1 and can get some points.

McLarens are total dogs. Woof. And Latifi getting outclassed by Albon all weekend... Time for Williams to move on from that arrangement.

Crazy race... Sucks for the Red Bull power trains. Looking forward to an unpredictable year. Would like to see Russell bring the fight to Lewis.

I think Latifi is a pay driver, or at least brings significant sponsors with him. That said, he is a totally capable driver that brings zero excitement to that team. Until that car is better, though, there is no reason to get rid of him.

One thing that was exciting was that Mercedes split strategies, at least a bit, They never did with Bottas there, even when he begged. I feel like they both would have been a bit more competitive, but that hard tire was a bad mistake.

I think Latifi is a pay driver, or at least brings significant sponsors with him. That said, he is a totally capable driver that brings zero excitement to that team. Until that car is better, though, there is no reason to get rid of him.

One thing that was exciting was that Mercedes split strategies, at least a bit, They never did with Bottas there, even when he begged. I feel like they both would have been a bit more competitive, but that hard tire was a bad mistake.

Latifi is definitely a ride buyer. His dad is a Canadian billionaire who owns a piece of McLaren. That said, more drivers are bringing money one way or another than you might think. And not just in F1.

Maybe I will warm up to him, but George Russell seems like a whiny little bitch. All he does is complain about his car if he doesn't perform well. Not a fan.

BOTTAS on the other hand, is an absolute legend. That P6 in an Alfa Romeo is outstanding. The new season really got off to a great start.

And Gunter is awesome as always

Its funny how it is now obvious that K-Mag was always Gunther's favorite son. I mean, Grojean is probably better off in Indy and seems to be loving it, but what are the chances that they even considered bringing him back instead of K-Mag?

Its funny how it is now obvious that K-Mag was always Gunther's favorite son. I mean, Grojean is probably better off in Indy and seems to be loving it, but what are the chances that they even considered bringing him back instead of K-Mag?

I wonder if Grosjean would have been interested in returning.

I wonder if Grosjean would have been interested in returning.

I would extremely doubt it. Gunther seemed to treat him like shit, he is loving life touring America in an RV with his family, and... oh yeah... he basically exploded in that car 18 months ago.

Happy to see Verstappen break down. He's such a whiny, obnoxious little shit. If not Mercedes, I hope Ferrari can make it competitive with Verstappen, Red Bull.

18-49 category:

NASCAR: 716,000 out of 4 million (17%)

F1: 656,000 out of 1.353M (48%)

Indycar: 211,000 out of 954,000 (22%)

Formula 1 is exciting the young crowd.
This is last weekends numbers.

Last edited:
I like Russell...Guy always got the most out of the Williams. Haven't heard any audio of him whining tho.

I don't agree about Latifi about being capable. He was dominated by Russell all year last year, and Albon is new to the team and was immediately better in Quali and the race.

Great seeing KMags in good form. Grosjean was just so mercurial... High ceiling but low, low floor and didn't seem to get the best out of a shitty Haas regularly.

I love Bottas. Guy got absolutely shit on at Mercedes for years, hope they can put up serious points.

One week in, so far it has the trappings if an exciting season.

18-49 category:

NASCAR: 716,000 out of 4 million (17%)

F1: 656,000 out of 1.353M (48%)

Indycar: 211,000 out of 954,000 (22%)

Formula 1 is exciting the young crowd.
This is last weekends numbers.

It's too bad all those F1 viewers are stuck with Sky Sports' announcers. Bring back Varsha, Hobbs, and Matchett.

There was a missile strike nearby and it sounds like the drivers want to cancel the race but the teams and FIA are saying the race will go on.

It's too bad all those F1 viewers are stuck with Sky Sports' announcers. Bring back Varsha, Hobbs, and Matchett.

I inadvertently pronounced “schedule” like I was British this week.

I also realized I may be watching too much when I told the car in front of me to “push push push” when trying to make a light this week.

It feels like all teams connected to Mercedes will have weak years just like Haas and Alfa Romeo did when Ferrari were very weak in 2020.

If today is any indication, tomorrow is going to be a shitshow.

Back