• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

Fantastic race to start the season. A familiar podium but a very different way to getting there. Max had the race won but gave away with the mistake running wide into 4. With the pace he had he could have overtaken Hamilton at any point in the last 3 laps.

What a race... Love the randomness that wet tracks bring. But damn if Hamilton isn't time & again the luckiest S.O.B.

Perez with some awkward moments all day... Hope he can keep his RB more consistently at the top.

And poor Russell just can't breakthrough. Today was a weird incident. But WTF was Bottas struggling with this weekend? He's about to get axed if he doesn't step up.

Agreed. It was another fantastic race.

Hamilton's mistake was very un-Hamilton-like. The way he absolutely carved up the field to finish second, though, is classic Hamilton.

For the life of me, I couldn't understand why AlphaTauri kept Gasly on the wets, even after they could plainly see that it wasn't working.

Absolutely thrilled for Lando. Not only did he keep the Ferraris and AlphaTauris and Aston Martins behind him, he also beat Ricciardo comprehensively all weekend. Hope this is a sign of more good things to come.

The narrative of Lewis battling back rings pretty hollow considering he was gifted a lap.

Gasly said in an interview that they decided to change to inters before the race started and he thinks they must not have had enough time to. I am guessing at that point they were just hoping it would start to rain again.

Not a Hamilton fan but have to admit him keeping his head, finding the gear and reversing all the way through the gravel trap is what sets him apart. Most others would’ve been DNF in that situation.

With that said, it’s unbelievable how he seemingly gets bailed out by a safety car/red flag/etc anytime he has a hint of trouble. Merc should’ve had 0 points and Red Bull a comfortable championship lead, but Hamilton pulled off the crazy recovery drive and Perez drove like my wife for most of the race.

I had never watched 1 minute of Formula 1 until I watched the Netflix show a couple of weeks ago (all of it). Now I am obsessed with Formula 1. Watched the race this weekend and will watch them all. I feel like I know everyone involved. I cam out of the how pulling for all of them though, really. I cant figure out who my favorite drivers/teams are. I like Ricciardo maybe the best from a personality standpoint. Verstappen is going to be one of the greatest.

Anyway, very addictive sport and just such a spectacle. I come from the middle of NASCAR-ville and my gosh it sucks compared to Formula 1.

Last edited:
I had never watched 1 minute of Formula 1 until I watched the Netflix show a couple of weeks ago (all of it). Now I am obsessed with Formula 1. Watched the race this weekend and will watch them all. I feel like I know everyone involved. I cam out of the how pulling for all of them though, really. I cant figure out who my favorite drivers/teams are. I like Ricciardo maybe the best from a personality standpoint. Verstappen is going to be one of the greatest.

Anyway, very addictive sport and just such a spectacle. I come from the middle of NASCAR-ville and my gosh it sucks compared to Formula 1.

Welcome to the club. Hopefully the battle at the top will remain competitive this season. The past few seasons were basically all Mercedes, all the time, and that can be tough to pull people in with.

Don't sleep on Charles LeClerc and his Ferrari team. They might be hanging around all season.

Happened the same way; then I went to Austin in November'19 and really got hooked. You have to plan at least one race in person. Its truly sensational.
I hear they are doing Miami in 2022.

Yeah. I used to always make it a priority to watch Monaco but never followed along other than that. I have a buddy that is into esoteric sports who I did an F1 Fantasy League and then I watched the Netflix Series.

Curiosity finally got the better of me so I started the Netflix series this afternoon. Looking forward to it. I was immediately blown away to find out that some of the teams have more than a thousand employees.

Don't sleep on Charles LeClerc and his Ferrari team. They might be hanging around all season.
Car's just still a little under powered...DRS straights will be their undoing. Probably vie for 3rd/4th in the constructor's with McLaren and possibly Aston, which would be an improvement over last year.

But Leclerc might be my favorite driver right now. Also, pull strongly for Perez... Hope he can show up this season.

First two races this year show this might be the most exciting season in recent years.

Leclerc comes across as such a nice guy. I was especially impressed when he went over to find Perez to apologize (and congratulate him) for hitting him at the Bahrain race start - even though Perez still won the race. That was very good sportsmanship. I definitely pull for Leclerc. And Perez appears to have come from nothing in Mexico and sacrificed so much to get where he is which also makes him a favorite of mine.

Last edited:
Seems unfair that not only do Mercedes have arguably the best driver of all time and the strongest car in the field, but their strategy guys can win them races also.

I think this season has really shown so far who the great drivers in the field are. Obviously Hamilton and Verstappen, but Leclerc is driving the hell out of that Ferrari, Russell is constantly pushing the Williams higher than it should be, and while Norris had a bit of a letdown today, he is still right there in the fight for third.

Quick question - does the series build on season-by-season or can you start with the the current season 3 and catch up with the other later?

Quick question - does the series build on season-by-season or can you start with the the current season 3 and catch up with the other later?

I guess you could start with Season 3 and be fine but its preferable to start Season 1 forward.

Great race yesterday. Thought Red Bull was going to pull one out but Mercedes not only has the best car and the best driver but also the best people formulating strategy behind it all.
I also love the way LeClerc drives. I only wish he had a racer with a little more get up and go.

Finally got a chance to watch last weekend's race. I think Hamilton wins with or without that strategic stop... Red Bull just doesn't have the car that Merc does, and always playing defense. Would've loved for Checo to be in the mix... Hopefully he'll get there this season.

Agree with comments about Leclerc, I'm a fan of his. He drives the hell out of a sub par car, a la Alonso back in the day.

Tsunoda having a forgettable rookie season with some questionable comments to media that will not make the Red Bull stable happy. Be interesting to see what they do there with the Honda/Japan connection dropping at the end of the season.

Looks like Hamilton will walk away with another title, but Merc will need both arrows to consistently podium to fend off Red Bull for the Constructor's.

Tsunoda having a forgettable rookie season with some questionable comments to media that will not make the Red Bull stable happy. Be interesting to see what they do there with the Honda/Japan connection dropping at the end of the season.

I've heard that part of the issue with Tsunoda is not just his fiery personality, but Japanese to English is a much tougher translation than any of the European languages and his actual meaning may not be coming across clearly. That said, he complained about his car after qualifying and then it died on him in the race, so maybe he had a point? He had a strong opening race, and we've still got a long way to go. The Alpha Tauri has been underwhelming so far, but I feel like he will be fine as the season goes on.

Back