• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big Ten likely conference games only this fall

I'm not sure what problem that will solve. Financial maybe? It seems like a half measure before realizing that we can't have fall sports during a pandemic.

I'm not sure what problem that will solve. Financial maybe? It seems like a half measure before realizing that we can't have fall sports during a pandemic.

whole country's been doing half-measures for four months, why stop now?

from the article, B1G claims this reduces travel and gives them more control over exposure (assuming B1G tests more completely than the MAC (?))

Well, that drops one of the few tough opponents on ND's schedule as they were supposed to play Wisconsin; ND was supposed to play the Badgers the week after WF, was hoping for a look ahead spot. Every other FBS conference is now losing games if this happens, which may force other leagues to follow suit.

Within a week or two, everyone will be playing a 9 game conference only schedule (with maybe one game against a rival (e.g., Clemson/S.Carolina) Then, it will go from there.

This is the slow chipping away of a season that is looking less likely to happen.

Add UNC to the schedule! Please! East Carolina too. They are screwed in their conference with games in Tulsa, Timbuktu, and Saskatchewan (I kid on the last two).

Add UNC to the schedule! Please! East Carolina too. They are screwed in their conference with games in Tulsa, Timbuktu, and Saskatchewan (I kid on the last two).

I'll take UNC and one of Virginia or Georgia Tech. Bring it back to playing the original ACC schools.

Maybe we’ll get our wish and get to play UNCheat, State, Dook, App, ECU and UNCC. Would love to shut em all up

Well, that drops one of the few tough opponents on ND's schedule as they were supposed to play Wisconsin; ND was supposed to play the Badgers the week after WF, was hoping for a look ahead spot. Every other FBS conference is now losing games if this happens, which may force other leagues to follow suit.

Within a week or two, everyone will be playing a 9 game conference only schedule (with maybe one game against a rival (e.g., Clemson/S.Carolina) Then, it will go from there.

This is the slow chipping away of a season that is looking less likely to happen.

That could be good for us. We would drop both App St & Notre Dame where we are underdogs in both games right now!

But in another line of thinking from the SEC, they have also been toying with a 12 game conference game only schedule. We shall see if that takes hold by Power 5 conferences.

Each conference for itself. Bad news for the non-power five schools. An already stretched athletic budget will get much worse.

How many games? 8 ACC games already scheduled or add additional conference games?

Obviously things are changing rapidly It looks like 8 ACC game already scheduled plus the scheduled ND game and the ACC will help fill out ND's schedule as needed.

Obviously things are changing rapidly It looks like 8 ACC game already scheduled plus the scheduled ND game and the ACC will help fill out ND's schedule as needed.

I wonder it they add a game to the ACC teams not having the privilege of playing ND this year?

I wonder what the odds of having bowl games and the playoff are this year, slim and none?

That could be good for us. We would drop both App St & Notre Dame where we are underdogs in both games right now!

But in another line of thinking from the SEC, they have also been toying with a 12 game conference game only schedule. We shall see if that takes hold by Power 5 conferences.

Oh shut the fuck up

I agree if WF was playing last year's App State team, but WF is not. App lost their coach (for the 2nd year in a row), and their defense returns only 4 starters. 2020 WF roster and coaching staff has a clear edge of 2020 App State roster and coaching staff.

Back