• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big Ten likely conference games only this fall

WF would not be a home dog to App.

At this point we are at +2.3 in my first college football newsletter. App is coming off a 13-1 season, returns high powered QB Zac Thomas who has thrown 49 TD passes the past two seasons along with 17 rushing TD's. They also have back their top 4 receivers and 3 All-Sun Belt OL. Their defense did suffer some losses. Notre Dame is showing as a 18.8 point fav vs Wake and is only a dog in 3 games.

How many games? 8 ACC games already scheduled or add additional conference games?

I would predict, if there is a season this fall, we would play 9 games (ND in Clt and our 8 ACC games). The other 5 ACC schools (Pitt, Duke, Clemson, GT and Louisville) who are scheduled to play ND would do the same. Then Swofford would probably try to get 2 or 3 of the remaining ACC schools to play ND to get them to 8 or 9 games also. That's assuming that the other non ACC opponents currently on the Irish schedule choose not to play ND.

Personally, I would be fine if Notre Dame had to cancel their season, but I don't think Swofford and the ACC will let that happen per the bc interruption story.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited to add, oops, others beat me to it.

Last edited:
ACC expected to go conference only + ND. Reff, feel free to change the thread title.

Pac-12 as well.
https://www.bcinterruption.com/2020...to-conference-only-scheduling-for-fall-sports

[B It should be noted that Auerbach reported following McMurphy’s report that via her sources a definitive answer for the ACC is premature at this point.][/B]

"ACC delaying start of all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29434331/acc-delay-all-fall-sports-least-sept-1

Jesus we will handle App State easily if the game is played which, unfortunately, does not appear likely to happen at this stage.

Jesus we will handle App State easily if the game is played which, unfortunately, does not appear likely to happen at this stage.

DO you not realize how good App State is? You do realize they beat two Power 5 schools on the road last year, right? And went 13-1 and were an upset loss away from a New Year's Day bowl.

If the number is 8 for college football games played per team, I'll bet the under

I would predict, if there is a season this fall, we would play 9 games (ND in Clt and our 8 ACC games). The other 5 ACC schools (Pitt, Duke, Clemson, GT and Louisville) who are scheduled to play ND would do the same. Then Swofford would probably try to get 2 or 3 of the remaining ACC schools to play ND to get them to 8 or 9 games also. That's assuming that the other non ACC opponents currently on the Irish schedule choose not to play ND.

Personally, I would be fine if Notre Dame had to cancel their season, but I don't think Swofford and the ACC will let that happen per the bc interruption story.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with this. I'm not sure how many more spots ND will need. Navy and WMU will probably keep their games. That gives them eight without knowing about Arkansas, Wisconsin, Stanford, USC.

Below is one possibility. The current cross division game is in parentheses. If ND doesn't need anymore games.

Atlantic
BC (UNC)
Clemson (UVa) vs. ND
FSU (Pitt)
Louisville (VT) vs. ND
State (Duke)
Cuse (Tech)
Wake (Miami) vs. ND

Coastal
Duke (State) vs. ND
Tech (Cuse) vs. ND
Miami (Wake)
UNC (BC)
Pitt (FSU) vs. ND
UVa (Clemson)
VT (L'ville)

There are a few different possibilities for a 9th game for teams that don't play ND. This is one.
BC vs. Miami
FSU vs. VT
State vs. UVa
Cuse vs. UNC

BC has to play Miami or UVa
FSU has to play UNC, UVa, or VT
State has to play Miami, UVa, or VT
Cuse can play any of those four.

Last edited:
Would love to see Notre Dame disappear from the ACC schedule

If Notre Dame wants scheduling help from the ACC, then they should have to join.

Of course, Swofford has no backbone and is out after this season, so he doesn't care. Typical Hole.

This thread is fun and all, but there will be no college sports this fall.

DO you not realize how good App State is? You do realize they beat two Power 5 schools on the road last year, right? And went 13-1 and were an upset loss away from a New Year's Day bowl.

App has a good team. But so does Wake, playing at home. Let’s not get all chicken little about that game.

Add UNC to the schedule! Please! East Carolina too. They are screwed in their conference with games in Tulsa, Timbuktu, and Saskatchewan (I kid on the last two).

Timbuktu and Saskatchewan might be interesting, but only if it was home games. Doubt we’d get many fans at all going to away games.

I think we will all have to wait and see. My guess is that commissioners are looking at how the northeast flattened their curve. It is almost good fortune, thru fall sports lens only, that the south is having their spike now. With New York style response, the south could be at great numbers by Sept 15 for an October start. But collective work and some stay at home orders need to happen unfortunately. Its doable though.

That said, mlb is screwed. And probably the nba as well.

Last edited:
Back