• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

I agree. Of the hurry up and majo Tejas votes, his feels like the worst.

I don't like Tejas "not vanilla" claim and that he is not going to be around coupled with his switch in OT. I also don't like those rushing to clear him based on Gooner's supposed tracking of him.

There's probably 2 mafia here, so lots of things could be up in the air.

I don't like Tejas "not vanilla" claim and that he is not going to be around coupled with his switch in OT. I also don't like those rushing to clear him based on Gooner's supposed tracking of him.

Well lets see where this goes.

***GAT***

Anyone else going to join?

agree.

meh, unsure.

disagree.

As of #224

Tejas (3) - jtp, gat, D14
jtp (2)- mako, dv7
Jman - tejas
mako - manning
rommy - gouda
gat - duff

YTV - many
VOD - ryala

From the OP: "In this game there are two spooks, each trying to build their own spook intelligence service. They have a recruitable pool of intelligence officers from across the globe."

Let's stop the clearing talk. We don't know who is recruitable. Both the dead civs could have fallen into that category.

What clearing talk are you trying to dissuade? Only thing I have seen is that JMan mentioned widgets and crop yields before anyone else

here’s the thing: there are things we know already. There are things we can make educated guesses at already. People ignoring those obvious things are either stupid or willfully ignoring those things. I want both those types out of the game as soon as possible.

i get hyper-aggressive when I understand what is happening and people are being stupid. That’s what is occurring right now.

if I had to guess, Tejas is a retired intelligence officer (e.g. one of the two Indys).

Are we still doing the "soft claims die" thing? Also, Tejas's logic is terribly flawed there anyway. And not to get into results based thinking, but his switch killed an investigative role. All of that is bad. ***Tejas***

Brit spooks
russian spooks
retired intel officer (Indy)
retired intel officer (Indy)
civs

those are your factions. It couldnt be more clear.

here’s the thing: there are things we know already. There are things we can make educated guesses at already. People ignoring those obvious things are either stupid or willfully ignoring those things. I want both those types out of the game as soon as possible.

i get hyper-aggressive when I understand what is happening and people are being stupid. That’s what is occurring right now.

if I had to guess, Tejas is a retired intelligence officer (e.g. one of the two Indys).

He's definitely not vanilla, the way he was acting towards the end of the day + him hammering Knight in OT confirms it and is also why I chose to track him. I figured if he was bad he is 100% going to be the one making actions for mafia (or just acting in general if indy). And if he was civ special I would be able to steer things away from him. That he did all of that and visited no one means that he cannot be a civ special.

nevermind forgot about the tracker claim

***ROMMY***

He's definitely not vanilla, the way he was acting towards the end of the day + him hammering Knight in OT confirms it and is also why I chose to track him. I figured if he was bad he is 100% going to be the one making actions for mafia (or just acting in general if indy). And if he was civ special I would be able to steer things away from him. That he did all of that and visited no one means that he cannot be a civ special.

Mentioned earlier but I disagree with that last part. its possible to be a civ special and not have to visit someone each and every night. How important you determine what that civ special power could be is your opinion.

Back