• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

You mean rommy is tied to manning and bym to dv7? Yeah, definitely. I was more concerned that it's a mechanic where manning and dv7 are recruited to be civ, but if they were already recruited to be mafia or get recruited in the future they get to choose.

This is absolutely not an issue for today's voting, I just wanted to clear up where we are with it.

i will personally find Townie and kill him if there is a multiple recruitment potential in this game

You mean rommy is tied to manning and bym to dv7? Yeah, definitely. I was more concerned that it's a mechanic where manning and dv7 are recruited to be civ, but if they were already recruited to be mafia or get recruited in the future they get to choose.

This is absolutely not an issue for today's voting, I just wanted to clear up where we are with it.

I really like this question from d14 btw because it was exactly what I asked when the Manning/Rommy thing went down early this round. As I already knew I had been recruited and wanted to test if rommy/manning knew that they couldn't be recruited back.

Big press conference tomorrow for NC. Does anyone thing schools will go back on time?

no solid info, just whispers

but signs point to parents not holding their breath on schools opening on time

no solid info, just whispers

but signs point to parents not holding their breath on schools opening on time

Makes sense. I'm certainly not eager to send my kid back, and she is in a smaller private school away from the unwashed masses.

That seems like the safe and smart decision.

I’ve stated my opinion on this on a couple of other threads, but most of us are coming at this from a perspective of relative affluence and a solid support system for our kids. The vast majority of the students I teach lack in both of those arenas, and in person instruction provides stability and often simple nourishment for these students. There’s no easy answers, but I really feel pretty strongly that there needs to be in person instruction for our students in the fall.

This was my post from the tunnels.

The problem is, and this is speaking solely from my own personal experience, that the vast majority of kids aren’t learning in an online and distance education setting. I’m sure that’s not the case for most children of Wake alumni, but most students aren’t children of Wake alumni. It’s hard to understand how many children rely on the support system that the physical environment of school provides, but if we’re not back in school in August, I have grave concerns about this generation of students. Look at the percentage of kids in NC on free lunch; a lot of students get one decent meal a day when school is in session. Then the emotional support that is provided by the school, as well as the often necessary sense of comfort that comes from routine. Teachers are used to making individual sacrifices for the well-being of their students, and this is no different, albeit a larger sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. I’m no better than someone that works in a grocery store. Why should they be expected to put themselves in harm’s way but not me? Personally, I’m willing to risk the sickness for myself and my family to do what I consider an integral job in the way that I know it needs to be done, and the teachers I work with feel the same. Fuck Trump and his re-election motivation, and fuck Devos and her lack of any awareness of the situation, but at the end of the day I need to be there for my kids that need me, and I can’t do that with any real sort of efficacy from behind a computer screen.

I’ve stated my opinion on this on a couple of other threads, but most of us are coming at this from a perspective of relative affluence and a solid support system for our kids. The vast majority of the students I teach lack in both of those arenas, and in person instruction provides stability and often simple nourishment for these students. There’s no easy answers, but I really feel pretty strongly that there needs to be in person instruction for our students in the fall.

I agree as far as privilege. And I can understand the stability school provides and the mental and nutritional benefits to retunring to school. However, i think the additional measures that would have to be put in place are going to add a level of stress and uncertainty and we don't know how that will add stress to these students and their families. Not to mention the stress to the teachers and other staff. "School" isn't going to be the school everyone is used to if they do go back in person.

This was my post from the tunnels.

The problem is, and this is speaking solely from my own personal experience, that the vast majority of kids aren’t learning in an online and distance education setting. I’m sure that’s not the case for most children of Wake alumni, but most students aren’t children of Wake alumni. It’s hard to understand how many children rely on the support system that the physical environment of school provides, but if we’re not back in school in August, I have grave concerns about this generation of students. Look at the percentage of kids in NC on free lunch; a lot of students get one decent meal a day when school is in session. Then the emotional support that is provided by the school, as well as the often necessary sense of comfort that comes from routine. Teachers are used to making individual sacrifices for the well-being of their students, and this is no different, albeit a larger sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. I’m no better than someone that works in a grocery store. Why should they be expected to put themselves in harm’s way but not me? Personally, I’m willing to risk the sickness for myself and my family to do what I consider an integral job in the way that I know it needs to be done, and the teachers I work with feel the same. Fuck Trump and his re-election motivation, and fuck Devos and her lack of any awareness of the situation, but at the end of the day I need to be there for my kids that need me, and I can’t do that with any real sort of efficacy from behind a computer screen.

I do not venture to the tunnels. I get enough of that from my fb feed.

I saw that earlier, mako, and I completely understand. And you are right. There are no easy answers. A lot of kids rely on school for some sort of structure and stability, but at the same time, the risks will be tremendous. The pandemic has really exposed how fragile security is for too large of a portion of the population. Hopefully, people will be finally ready to make changes to policy that will address those on the margins that are so vulnerable to these types of disruptions. But that is probably enough political shit for this here spy game.

Wtf is happening here? This is, hands down, the worst fucking banter ever. May God have mercy on your souls.

Hey, when no one else banters all night, things happen. I blame Ryala, JTP, and Rommy. They are the ones that are supposed to be the banter kings.

Wtf is happening here? This is, hands down, the worst fucking banter ever. May God have mercy on your souls.

If you want to banter, banter.

I suck. It’s on me. It’s just I so rarely have an actual opinion on anything so I wanted to feel like a big boy and share. We can talk about poop again.

Hey, when no one else banters all night, things happen. I blame Ryala, JTP, and Rommy. They are the ones that are supposed to be the banter kings.

I am 29. Also, my back is currently in full revolt, and attempting to bend over is miserable. Basically, time to die

To be fair, I've broken my back twice. Still, what the shit

btw to get this information out there because nobody believes me night 1 i gave gooner a shotgun that backfires and will kill whoever shoots it. That was to get him back for trolling me in the rick and morty game. I don't know if thats why he died last night though because I used my last weapon to kill gouda so civ vigs are still -ev and im sorry gouda. I am just a vanilla civ now though do with this what you will

This is awesome.

This seemed like a complicated game based on the OP. Now it seems pretty symmetrical. Two sides with the same roles on each side.

For a game about spies, there seem to be a lot of claimed and cleared players. Maybe there will be more to it in the morning.

One more thought. Based on Tejas and Goon's descriptions, the recruitables seem to add minor powers to their squads. Goon may have been a 1-shot tracker and 1-shot watcher (listening device and fingerprint database). dv7 has tools (obligatory 5.75 reference) he can use or give.

Duff's role must be pretty powerful. Some self-janitor deal or something. Or mod's choice.

Back