• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

9o8iZ9u.gif

Is that not how it works?

Man, that’s perfect. Manning is Meatwad. That makes eagles Frylock and jtp is Master Shake. And Knight is obviously Carl.

Is that not how it works?

What does your description say? I was assuming they all say if you don’t get recruited you win with the town. To me, that means you’re a civ by default. If you get recruited by mafia, you’re mafia and can’t be recruited again. If you get recruited by civ, you’re civ for good and can’t be recruited again.

is there intel in the russian chat that says GM is mafia? getting some weird messages in british

to be honest, I've been mostly discounting pretty much everything in those Cafes because...

1) I didn't know who was saying what
2) what their motivations are/were
3) how much they could have known to make any game related posts

Not sure I'll change my opinion on the actual value of those chatzys unless we know for sure who is saying what

Also, random aside. I received my second ever negrep today. From Biff. For interacting on an RJ thread. A thread in which he preceded and followed my posts repeatedly. Biff is an odd guy sometimes.

I vaguely remember it but I don’t remember why. I was never a big fan of the show.

Sorry for being very absent the second half of today, got crazy busy out of the blue at work. Anyways, I'm caught up now, main question I have is to rommy/bym: I know you touched on this, but manning/dv7 are confirmed as civ-aligned to you? I am a little concerned about double agent type stuff with that, but if it was confirmed to each of you that they are currently/permanently civ then I'm good to roll with all of you as cleared civs, can't imagine the civ recruiter thing is fake with how you both claimed it.

Sorry for being very absent the second half of today, got crazy busy out of the blue at work. Anyways, I'm caught up now, main question I have is to rommy/bym: I know you touched on this, but manning/dv7 are confirmed as civ-aligned to you? I am a little concerned about double agent type stuff with that, but if it was confirmed to each of you that they are currently/permanently civ then I'm good to roll with all of you as cleared civs, can't imagine the civ recruiter thing is fake with how you both claimed it.

I thought through this as well. Given how overt it has been, it’s almost certainly not an issue worth debating right now. They’ve tied themselves to each other and that can’t be undone in the endgame.

I thought through this as well. Given how overt it has been, it’s almost certainly not an issue worth debating right now. They’ve tied themselves to each other and that can’t be undone in the endgame.

You mean rommy is tied to manning and bym to dv7? Yeah, definitely. I was more concerned that it's a mechanic where manning and dv7 are recruited to be civ, but if they were already recruited to be mafia or get recruited in the future they get to choose.

This is absolutely not an issue for today's voting, I just wanted to clear up where we are with it.

I was told by the only person I know I can trust that if I successfully recruit a player that he/she will be removed from the list of recruitable players and will win with the civs, just like me.

That seems to be pretty clear to me.

I was told by the only person I know I can trust that if I successfully recruit a player that he/she will be removed from the list of recruitable players and will win with the civs, just like me.

How was your dinner?

Thanks, this is pretty much all I was looking for. Works for me

Big press conference tomorrow for NC. Does anyone thing schools will go back on time?

Back