• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

Thanks Townie and Parlay for running.

I was not Nate and/or Charlie.

I was rj, X, toogs and ... I never posted in either chat (I missed that part of my PM at first) and then decided I would likely need to claim something eventually so thought I could best tie it into my cop claim if I said i could just observe.

Awesome. was SD3 rj too?

I liked the cafe idea. I figured out about 70% of the fake names. I missed a few but was right on a lot:

dv7 was H Hart/E Judge

bookmark1.png
Tejas: D14 was Andy Murray and kgb I’m pretty sure

bookmark1.png
Tejas: Gat was definitely clay b shaw and I think Orwell

bookmark1.png
Tejas: Jhawk was bojangles and American spy

bookmark1.png
Tejas: I think gm was Nate and Charlie

RW was Nate / Mr. Li.

I don't want to sound whiny or anything, you legit wrote an entertaining and unique game and it was fun. Games this unique are bound to have some balance issues, but that shouldn't take away from the overall enjoyment of it. Thanks for modding

I love that we have games like this that add new options to the meta. We will decide what new stuff we like and discard the stuff that doesn't work. And we'll figure out how to balance the new stuff over time.

This just bears out that games with a lot of recruitables are extremely swingy. You could easily run this again and if Duff or D14 hit on N0, its a very diff game. suddenly they have multiple members and the members all come with powers.

This is also probably true, depending on what powers came with. I got Gooner N1 but all I got from that was the tracker of Tejas and the fingerprint thing that meant nothing in the end

This just bears out that games with a lot of recruitables are extremely swingy. You could easily run this again and if Duff or D14 hit on N0, its a very diff game. suddenly they have multiple members and the members all come with powers.

Agreed

Looking at it now I actually think this would be a fun game to re-run at some point.

Did you know Ph was bad or was that a good guess? I figure bad cop always gives up 1 person.

I knew PH was indy. I actually investigated you N1. I used my role cop on PH and found out he was the other indy.

I liked the cafe idea. I figured out about 70% of the fake names. I missed a few but was right on a lot:

dv7 was H Hart/E Judge

bookmark1.png
Tejas: D14 was Andy Murray and kgb I’m pretty sure

bookmark1.png
Tejas: Gat was definitely clay b shaw and I think Orwell

bookmark1.png
Tejas: Jhawk was bojangles and American spy

bookmark1.png
Tejas: I think gm was Nate and Charlie

Yes i was Clay Shaw and George Orwell, the man who came up with "Cold War" as a term.

I would like everyone to know that we used Gooner's malfunctioning shotgun to shoot Gouda. That did not work and killed gooner instead, but manning killed gouda for us anyways so it worked out in the end lol

I would like everyone to know that we used Gooner's malfunctioning shotgun to shoot Gouda. That did not work and killed gooner instead, but manning killed gouda for us anyways so it worked out in the end lol

jhawk is dead to me forever and ever and ever and ever

In retrospect I do think Townie is right that the bigger problem than civ recruiting for my chances of winning was that farmers and factory workers could easily claim and clear themselves once the symmetry was realized. This at one point meant that JMan, Gat, ryala, mako all had super strong claims at one point in this game. Which saved mako once

Did anybody even 20% believe my fake claim? I at that point knew the only bad guys left were me and either SD3/GM, so I just did it for fun knowing I had lost

Did anybody even 20% believe my fake claim? I at that point knew the only bad guys left were me and either SD3/GM, so I just did it for fun knowing I had lost

It didn’t move the needle, honestly. We’d vote you out one day or another. Once GM died, we knew it was a lie and we knew there were only so many possibilities left.

I figured something was up because the game seemed so symmetrical, but I couldn’t believe everything just got figured out.

I gamed Rommy being a Brit mafia recruiter and I know he did the same for me.

It didn’t move the needle, honestly. We’d vote you out one day or another. Once GM died, we knew it was a lie and we knew there were only so many possibilities left.

I figured something was up because the game seemed so symmetrical, but I couldn’t believe everything just got figured out.

I gamed Rommy being a Brit mafia recruiter and I know he did the same for me.

Well the claim wasn't supposed to win me the game, just for fun. My only realistic chance to win that game was to convince people to kill you or Rommy, but even then I don't have a realistic claim to make and I needed multiple mislynches, so I didn't actually try

Also I hate rommy. There was nothing wrong with my first three posts and I was a civ. I also gave you manning and rw as recruitable.

The OT switch was what it was. That was definitely worthy of my run up day 2. I both wanted to keep playing and knew I had both power and figured out who two other recruitable were. So I had something to offer to civs or mafia

In retrospect I do think Townie is right that the bigger problem than civ recruiting for my chances of winning was that farmers and factory workers could easily claim and clear themselves once the symmetry was realized. This at one point meant that JMan, Gat, ryala, mako all had super strong claims at one point in this game. Which saved mako once

Tell this to dv7

Well the claim wasn't supposed to win me the game, just for fun. My only realistic chance to win that game was to convince people to kill you or Rommy, but even then I don't have a realistic claim to make and I needed multiple mislynches, so I didn't actually try

I think GAT viewed it best as “there’s no way a role exists that can win the game by getting lynched on D1.”

Back