• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

can he surpass sherlock? will the lad try? should he? let's find out!

in the overall was this a sherlock-level disaster? i wasn't around for that game. i know this one was over quick and had some balance issues.

Interesting to not use either of your investigation roles though. Just a real difference in how you played vs goalie. Goalie was able to fake cop with one of the investigations and could have bought more time or caused more chaos playing off you too. Wasn’t calling you out when I wrote about you, just noting for people rereading roles that affected how things swung (or didn’t).

That speaks to my point. There wasn't much to investigate. GM executed a good fake cop yet she almost got voted out and then only lasted one more day.

I was trying to make a long term play for a very long game. That's why I asked if I'd get the results of an investigate back so I could stack a kill on top. My only path to victory was to find out which civ roles hadn't claimed, janitor their role, and take it.

Imagine if GM had been voted out instead of me, I would have investigated Redwing, D14, jtp, GAT, or SD3 with a 40% chance of getting the two unclaimed civ roles (British politician or Soviet farmer). Let's say I guessed right and hit SD3 with a silent kill. Then I can claim British politician. It was only a matter of time until the other mafia was out and I only had one kill at my disposal. Best case scenario, I last a few days on that fake claim until people realize all the powers are symmetrical and I made my claim after SD3's role was wiped. Borrowed time.

This game was fun, nice work townie.

Also, I enjoyed Ryala logging into Moscow chat, and changing his name to Gouda minutes later not realizing that is shows what you changed your name from. Would have been fun to turn Moscow Cafe into a mafia team, but no one was up for it.

in the overall was this a sherlock-level disaster? i wasn't around for that game. i know this one was over quick and had some balance issues.

No. Sherlock had a character who received the entire write-up when another (me?) died.

This was a fun game with some minor balance issues.

Imagine if GM had been voted out instead of me, I would have investigated Redwing, D14, jtp, GAT, or SD3 with a 40% chance of getting the two unclaimed civ roles (British politician or Soviet farmer). Let's say I guessed right and hit SD3 with a silent kill. Then I can claim British politician. It was only a matter of time until the other mafia was out and I only had one kill at my disposal. Best case scenario, I last a few days on that fake claim until people realize all the powers are symmetrical and I made my claim after SD3's role was wiped. Borrowed time.

19ce2719c28ebec450a3cd426de2712b.jpg

No. Sherlock had a character who received the entire write-up when another (me?) died.

This was a fun game with some minor balance issues.

That’s real? I take back any complaints I made about balance Townie.

what kind? dogs are awesome unless it's one of those little lap rats.

It's a husky mix, no idea what else but probably lots of stuff. We are semi-rescuing her, there's a family near here that is fostering her for a few weeks after getting her out of a rough situation. She's around 45 lbs, might get a little bigger with a regular feeding schedule. She's gorgeous and was super chill when we met her. She gets the dog hysterectomy tomorrow and we will take her from there. Very excited.

this was the revenge, you trolled me in the rick and morty game. Only gouda gets to have revenge

I didn't troll you, I just won! Blame the dumb civs in that game for killing a claimed angel lol.

It's a husky mix, no idea what else but probably lots of stuff. We are semi-rescuing her, there's a family near here that is fostering her for a few weeks after getting her out of a rough situation. She's around 45 lbs, might get a little bigger with a regular feeding schedule. She's gorgeous and was super chill when we met her. She gets the dog hysterectomy tomorrow and we will take her from there. Very excited.

Ah, just like your mother.

I love my husky, having a dog that doesn't bark is maybe worth the amount of hair that is now in your life. I haven't bought black or wool clothes in 10 years. Also a fan of their attitude, they love you but don't want to always be in physical proximity like a lab or great dane.

Back