• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

5 star JT Daniels immediately eligible at UGA

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jamie win the job because of his experience and the time that he's had with the playbook and informal workouts.

Now, if he shits the bed against Alabama the way he did a few times last season, he might as well pack it up and go home.

FWIW, if the college football season is delayed until the Spring, the speculation is that most of the currently projected high round picks will not play as there would be a lot to lose and little to gain heading into the 2021 draft and the 2021 season. Not saying that Newman would be a high pick in the 2021 draft, but pushing the season into the Spring could lead to some really weird roster compositions in college football (e.g., would 2021 HS players that graduate early, play?).

My take is that if Jamie doesn't play and perform he is certainly not a high draft pick. Obviously if he can't beat out Daniels, he's not a high draft pick. This is what you get when you bet on yourself.

jamie is better than jt daniels

Agree with you.

Interesting to note, when Daniels came out of HS, he was a 5 star -- the #2 rated QB in the country (same class as Trevor Lawrence who was #1), and Daniels was rated the #2 play in California, and #16 player in the nation (which translates to mid-first round pick in the NFL draft). Jamie Newman was a 3 star -- rated the #649 player in his HS class, the #30 player in NC, and the #17 dual threat QB in his class (which translates to absolutely nothing). One was coached up by Dave Clawson; the other was not.

I completely missed the news that JT Daniels transferred to UGA.

He also kinda sucks.

Always be closing/never stop recruiting. Injuries happen so

Hope Jamie can stay healthy and give playing at UGA and pursuing his dreams of playing in the NFL his absolute best shot.

Dawgs just picked up a 4* receiver today who decommitted from Ole Miss.

jamie is better than jt daniels

Far better. JT Daniels is the classic Cali prep school kid with a personal QB coach that never had to face serious competition in HS, but goes to the right 8 on 8 camps and gets highly ranked. The he goes to college and ends up underwhelming massively. There's a long history of JT's out there. If he stayed at USC he would have been third string.

Some Georgia fans are wondering if they are getting the Jake Fromm/Justin Fields situation 2.0.

Brasky’s head will positively explode when our offense is better with Hartman at QB than Newman.

My take is that if Jamie doesn't play and perform he is certainly not a high draft pick. Obviously if he can't beat out Daniels, he's not a high draft pick. This is what you get when you bet on yourself.

Not sure I understand this. Reportedly, he needed a guarantee start from whoever is coaching UGA these days.

Far better. JT Daniels is the classic Cali prep school kid with a personal QB coach that never had to face serious competition in HS, but goes to the right 8 on 8 camps and gets highly ranked. The he goes to college and ends up underwhelming massively. There's a long history of JT's out there. If he stayed at USC he would have been third string.

Mater Dei is one of the best high school programs in the country, and they play a very difficult schedule (last year played elite teams from AZ, MD, DC plus top Cali schools). They went 12-1 last year, and MaxPreps ranked them the #2 team in the country (lost to #1 39-34).

Oh and Matt Leinart and Matt Barkley went to Mater Dei.

Mater Dei is one of the best high school programs in the country, and they play a very difficult schedule (last year played elite teams from AZ, MD, DC plus top Cali schools). They went 12-1 last year, and MaxPreps ranked them the #2 team in the country (lost to #1 39-34).

Oh and Matt Leinart and Matt Barkley went to Mater Dei.

Beat me to it typical Brasky bluster. Daniels started as a true freshman at USC who reclassified and had okay numbers with okay talent around him. He beat out Slovis for the starting job as a sophomore before he got hurt.

Beat me to it typical Brasky bluster. Daniels started as a true freshman at USC who reclassified and had okay numbers with okay talent around him. He beat out Slovis for the starting job as a sophomore before he got hurt.

That's what I remember. I thought he lost his job due to injury.

Back