• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread For Sneakerheads

I had to clean out my locker and bring home two pairs of golf shoes and my workout shoes and my closet is overrun with shoes. Broke down and got rid of a pair of old trail runners and some leather Ecco dress sneakers that I never should have bought. The 12-year old Sambas will be the next to go.

I've also been wanting to get a really nice pair of driving mocs but need to wait till I've worn out the current pair I have and start wearing actual nice shoes again.

Have some ostrich skin Tecovas boots that I love, but they aren't very comfortable at all and seem way too nice to wear for every day use. Plus I never would wear long pants/boots in the summer. Guess I should get some insoles for them.

Duke_Pecan_Quarterfront_2_2400x2400_5f278698-4b1e-4fc2-902a-d78fcf6886e6_1200x1200.progressive.jpg
these are badass - sucks they aren’t comfy

We should hang. Juice is not invited.

yeah, while it started with good intentions, I am seeing that the ASD;BC crowd has taken over like a swarm of rjkarls and that this is not a thread for me anymore

go ye therefore and wear comfortable, terrible-looking shoes

Have some ostrich skin Tecovas boots that I love, but they aren't very comfortable at all and seem way too nice to wear for every day use. Plus I never would wear long pants/boots in the summer. Guess I should get some insoles for them.

Duke_Pecan_Quarterfront_2_2400x2400_5f278698-4b1e-4fc2-902a-d78fcf6886e6_1200x1200.progressive.jpg

I would highly recommend Ariats as a great blend of style and comfort. I have worn the breaks off of mine.

I am a #Dwarf, so wearing boots gives me as couple extra inches to the dick.

yeah, while it started with good intentions, I am seeing that the ASD;BC crowd has taken over like a swarm of rjkarls and that this is not a thread for me anymore

*sobbing* will you be my shoe friend?

vad liked to talk about shoes.

Converse Jack Purcells. The real ones, not the ones with the blue line that looks like it was drawn with a magic marker. Problem for me is lack of arch support.

converse-jack-purcell-tennis-shoes-on-a-white-background-phillip-roberts-C74JKC.jpg

I would highly recommend Ariats as a great blend of style and comfort. I have worn the breaks off of mine.

I am a #Dwarf, so wearing boots gives me as couple extra inches to the dick.

I was anti-boots until I got a pair of Ariats in my early 20s. I've also worn them into the ground, and still do occasionally. They're absurdly comfortable, and I think that's why the Tecovas seem so uncomfortable. In reality, they probably just feel like what any hard leather sole boot is supposed to feel.

What are good insoles to buy? Generic Dr. Scholls?

Sorry I’m not currently wearing my non-pandemic shoes every day around the house I barely leave? Idk man. There used to be another shoe thread anyway, this came up at a weird time.

Not really a shoe guy so I don’t know the terminology but my dress shoes are pretty minimalist looking similar to catamounts pictures. I’m definitely a fan of the thin leather sole look. The dress shoe with a thick squishy black rubber sole is hideous and all too common in the business-casual crowd. To that end you get what you pay for, most sub $100 shoes have that cheap sole and look godawful.

I do need a new pair of casual shoes that goes with jeans, i.e. not work stuff but that need is a ways off at this point. Dad house shoes work for a while.

Sorry I’m not currently wearing my non-pandemic shoes every day around the house I barely leave? Idk man. There used to be another shoe thread anyway, this came up at a weird time.

Not really a shoe guy so I don’t know the terminology but my dress shoes are pretty minimalist looking similar to catamounts pictures. I’m definitely a fan of the thin leather sole look. The dress shoe with a thick squishy black rubber sole is hideous and all too common in the business-casual crowd. To that end you get what you pay for, most sub $100 shoes have that cheap sole and look godawful.

I do need a new pair of casual shoes that goes with jeans, i.e. not work stuff but that need is a ways off at this point. Dad house shoes work for a while.

I agree fully with this post and also need some casual shoes for jeans

mdmh shoulda put sneakerhead in the title since that's what he was going for

not a discussion on boat shoes and wingtips

but it is a wake board, so he set himself up for failure by only saying "shoes"

Just sold these:
JvGp2vy.jpg

Deciding which pair to wear tomorrow:
fuK8yBP.jpg

208446_01.jpg.jpeg

How old is too old to wear sneakers like those? We aren’t kids any more boys.

How old is too old to wear sneakers like those? We aren’t kids any more boys.

No matter what you think about my style, sneakers are unqueationable fashion. Jordan brand just did a collaboration with Dior on a $2,500 Jordan 1 model that sold out concurrently in minutes all over the planet. That wasn't teenagers spending their allowance.

You gonna get the Grateful Dead Nikes?

You gonna get the Grateful Dead Nikes?

Those are really cool, I love the materials and colorblocking. I never buy new release shoes, way too expensive. I discover really interesting models and colorways and then buy pre-owned and recondition them. Upcycling is a very big trend in sneakers and low-fashion right now, so i'm riding that wave. I've made decent money at it, and also built a really fun collection of shoes.

No matter what you think about my style, sneakers are unqueationable fashion. Jordan brand just did a collaboration with Dior on a $2,500 Jordan 1 model that sold out concurrently in minutes all over the planet. That wasn't teenagers spending their allowance.

I mean I’m not questioning if there in fashion. I’m just questioning who can pull them off.

Back