• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread For Sneakerheads

I mean I’m not questioning if there in fashion. I’m just questioning who can pull them off.

They just go on your feet, it's not too difficult. Coordinating your shoes with your clothes is a big help, also keeping them clean, not wearing them super tight, lacing them up neat. I've worn a pair of knit Adidas that clung to my feet too tight and didn't look great, but otherwise it's a very universal way to express yourself. That's actually one of the reasons I love sneakers so much, because it's one of the few things I wear that most easily expresses my personality. For fat guys, your fashionable clothing options are very limited. Most of the cool things I would like to wear don't fit me comfortably or don't come in my size, but I don't have any problem finding size 12 shoes.

They just go on your feet, it's not too difficult. Coordinating your shoes with your clothes is a big help, also keeping them clean, not wearing them super tight, lacing them up neat. I've worn a pair of knit Adidas that clung to my feet too tight and didn't look great, but otherwise it's a very universal way to express yourself. That's actually one of the reasons I love sneakers so much, because it's one of the few things I wear that most easily expresses my personality. For fat guys, your fashionable clothing options are very limited. Most of the cool things I would like to wear don't fit me comfortably or don't come in my size, but I don't have any problem finding size 12 shoes.

I can respect that, not sure I could pull off some of these bad boys, but I definitely can respect that.

Are some of these kinda of like art/collectors items you just don’t wear, or is the purpose to always wear them? I legit know nothing about the advanced sneaker game.

Are some of these kinda of like art/collectors items you just don’t wear, or is the purpose to always wear them? I legit know nothing about the advanced sneaker game.

For sure. People collect them like art. A lot of people who buy the high dollar pairs purchase 1 pair for wearing and 1 pair for collecting/reselling. I don't, lol. My selling inventory comes from thrift stores, and my personal shoes are ones i've purchased from ebay and reconditioned. \
For instance:
I have a pair of 2004 Nike SB (skateboard) Dunks (classic basketball model from the 80's) artist collaboration with UNKLE (British Rap group) and Futura (famous graffiti artist) that I found in a thrift store for 6 bucks, that are worth between $1000-1500 in worn condition
https://www.goat.com/sneakers/dunk-high-pro-sb-unkle-305050-013
sneaker-talk-5-13-15.jpg

Wait, why did this have to be just a sneakerhead thread and not a pleasant, general shoe discussion? Just because Juice decided to be his usual dickback self?

I do now want to copy you, MDMH, and start scoping out thrift stores for some sweet quick cash, though. Cool stuff.

Interesting to hear that the Tecovas aren't that comfy, but I'm not totally surprised. I feel like boots are one of those things that I think are really personal, and even the slightest variation can throw them off. Even the same size of the same boot can feel noticeably different. I have a baller pair of ostrich Luccheses that are comfortable as fuck, but I spent probably two hours in the shop when I got mine finding the pair that fit just right, and then the shop used a hot gun to stretch them ever so slightly until they were perfect. I've been looking for a second pair for a while but I can't find exactly what I want and I'm wary of ordering online because I can't try them on or have the store work them a little to make them just right. I went to eight shops last year when I was in ATX and came away empty. If I'm spending that much money on boots, they need to be perfect.

But a nice pair of boots with a suit is fucking money. It's not that novel in a lot of places in the country, but I defs get some looks when I do it here in DC.

nike-air-force-180-mid-5598.jpg

I've got a pair of these and I dig the look, but they fit funny and I don't wear them much

do you have any Crazy 8s, mdmh?

I had the Adidas Kobe 8's a long time ago, but I haven't bought any of the new ones, tho I am tempted every time Adidas does a 1/2 off sale on ebay. Speaking of, I bought the Buzz Lightyear Ozweegos for $35 last week
OZWEEGO_Shoes_White_FX3814_01_standard.jpg

enjoy suburban mall walking in the florida panhandle

lol, that chunky low silhouette is what's popular right now! Trail running shoes are also huge right now. I read an interview with Pusha-T maybe two years ago where he predicted that trail running shoes would be the next big trend, and he was spot on. His collab with Adidas has been hit and miss though

since march other than running shoes i've worn those adilette slides or birkenstock milanos, and that's it

used to rock these

s-l800.jpg

They'd go pretty well with a track jacket. I just moved so found things that I forgot I had, like my track jacket. Gonna have to bring it back in the rotation

For sure. People collect them like art. A lot of people who buy the high dollar pairs purchase 1 pair for wearing and 1 pair for collecting/reselling. I don't, lol. My selling inventory comes from thrift stores, and my personal shoes are ones i've purchased from ebay and reconditioned. \
For instance:
I have a pair of 2004 Nike SB (skateboard) Dunks (classic basketball model from the 80's) artist collaboration with UNKLE (British Rap group) and Futura (famous graffiti artist) that I found in a thrift store for 6 bucks, that are worth between $1000-1500 in worn condition
https://www.goat.com/sneakers/dunk-high-pro-sb-unkle-305050-013
sneaker-talk-5-13-15.jpg

Ohhhhhh so good.

I’m a big SB guy. I wear most of mine, but a few I’ve saved or bought two of. Honestly, I wear my mids the most, but I feel like outside of the orange label recently, we haven’t seen that many mids.

I have all of the Blacksheep releases in addition to all of the Tinker Js. I had really hoped to scoop the Ben and Jerry’s Chunkys.

I guess I should burn all of my Yeezys at this point because why not? Makes the most sense.

Back