• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Black on Jewish hatred

My logical reasoning goes like this:

It is bad to be racist or anti-Semitic no matter what your race, color, religion, or background.

It is hypocritical to support or be a part of a movement which is - rightfully - addressing systemic racism and its effects while perpetuating racial or religious bigotry and/or stereotypes against other groups.

I have also wondered why DACA, children being separated from their parents at the border, lost children who will never be reunited with their parents, children and parents dying and being killed at the border, etc. have not been causes and issues that are more vocally addressed by the same leaders who have been so effectively leading the BLM movement. "Never again" doesn't mean "never again to us." It means "never again to anyone."

Last edited:
speaking personally, I had no exposure or understanding of Jewish culture growing up in North Carolina

I knew like three Jewish kids and all I really knew was that their mom made latkes for the class around the holidays

never had any context for anti-Semitism til I moved to Chicago and even still it feels like something a bit out of my grasp

Growing up in Atlanta I knew a lot of Jewsh kids. You'd hear a mild insult from time to time behind their backs from the white kids about money, noses or Christ killing, but nothing like this fully formed Nazi crap from Desean Jackson.

speaking personally, I had no exposure or understanding of Jewish culture growing up in North Carolina

I knew like three Jewish kids and all I really knew was that their mom made latkes for the class around the holidays

never had any context for anti-Semitism til I moved to Chicago and even still it feels like something a bit out of my grasp

Ironically enough, this was my experience in Appalachia with racism against black people. I mean, people occasionally said some ridiculous shit, but everyone liked Rodney. I never truly experienced actual racism until I moved into Eastern NC. Jeeeeezus, now, there's some outstanding racism east of Raleigh.

It is bad to be racist or anti-Semitic no matter what your race, color, religion, or background.

It is hypocritical to support or be a part of a movement which is - rightfully - addressing systemic racism and its effects while perpetuating racial or religious bigotry and/or stereotypes against other groups.

Don't think any of this is controversial and could pretty easily be summarized with a "Desean Jackson is an idiot" thread title instead of this thread title and OP.

I have also wondered why DACA, children being separated from their parents at the border, lost children who will never be reunited with their parents, children and parents dying and being killed at the border, etc. have not been causes and issues that are more vocally addressed by the same leaders who have been so effectively leading the BLM movement. "Never again" doesn't mean "never again to us." It means "never again to anyone."

I have lots of thoughts on this but it may be best I just keep them to myself. The Komen foundation doesn't fundraise for heart disease for a reason.

Please share Townie. My point is a compliment to the BLM leaders who have so effectively educated people across this country. I think they could do the same for other groups who are marginalized.

That's nonsense. DACA has vocal leaders who more than likely support BLM. BLM has vocal leaders who more than likely support DACA.

Black Lives Matter just means that "Black lives matter." It doesn't mean "Black lives matter and fuck anybody who was brought here undocumented as a child."

I agree with you that there is significant, perhaps overwhelming, overlap in the support for those causes. As there should be. They are both right and legitimate. I'll be happy to be wrong, but I have not seen anywhere near the same level of organized protest around what has happened on our southern border. So, I think that cause could use some of the same skills and leadership that the BLM movement has. Please don't try and turn this into something it's not.

Please share Townie. My point is a compliment to the BLM leaders who have so effectively educated people across this country. I think they could do the same for other groups who are marginalized.

This isn't really the thread for it. It's not really the thread for anything except I'd let 2&2 and whoever centerdeac is pile on if they want.

I have been peppering in a lot of black writing into my bookshelf the last couple of months in a self-education effort. I think that's a good approach, rather than relying on BLM to teach me. I don't recommend White Fragility. I do recommend books like They Can't Kill Us Til They Kill Us, Are Prisons Obsolete?, and have enjoyed sort of forcing myself to read nonwhite fiction the last two months as well. I think if you want to learn about other marginalized groups, that's a really good instinct, but ultimately one you should act on yourself.

Don't think any of this is controversial and could pretty easily be summarized with a "Desean Jackson is an idiot" thread title instead of this thread title and OP.

Based on what we've seen in response to Jackson, I think the issue is a lot deeper than "Desean Jackson is an idiot." But he is an idiot. And probably worse. And if he were white and espousing the same theories, I highly doubt we'd be leaving it at "idiot."

This isn't really the thread for it. It's not really the thread for anything except I'd let 2&2 and whoever centerdeac is pile on if they want.

I have been peppering in a lot of black writing into my bookshelf the last couple of months in a self-education effort. I think that's a good approach, rather than relying on BLM to teach me. I don't recommend White Fragility. I do recommend books like They Can't Kill Us Til They Kill Us, Are Prisons Obsolete?, and have enjoyed sort of forcing myself to read nonwhite fiction the last two months as well. I think if you want to learn about other marginalized groups, that's a really good instinct, but ultimately one you should act on yourself.

I've read too many negative responses to White Fragility to have any interest in it. I appreciate and will look into your other recommendations.

Based on what we've seen in response to Jackson, I think the issue is a lot deeper than "Desean Jackson is an idiot." But he is an idiot. And probably worse. And if he were white and espousing the same theories, I highly doubt we'd be leaving it at "idiot."

i don't know the content of his heart, but i do genuinely think, as someone who has gotten joy from his on and off-field antics, that he's an idiot

people like kareem have done a good job explaining why

I agree with you that there is significant, perhaps overwhelming, overlap in the support for those causes. As there should be. They are both right and legitimate. I'll be happy to be wrong, but I have not seen anywhere near the same level of organized protest around what has happened on our southern border. So, I think that cause could use some of the same skills and leadership that the BLM movement has. Please don't try and turn this into something it's not.

It's happening to people who aren't even allowed to be in the US. They can't organize from cages. There's no video of how they're being treated. It's not an organizing issue. It's not like things would change for kids in cages could just hire an exec from BLM, Inc as their new CEO to improve their brand.

And DACA is a separate issue from immigrants being detained on the border.

It's happening to people who aren't even allowed to be in the US. They can't organize from cages. There's no video of how they're being treated. It's not an organizing issue. It's not like things would change for kids in cages could just hire an exec from BLM, Inc as their new CEO to improve their brand.

And DACA is a separate issue from immigrants being detained on the border.

That's a callous response, and incorrect. Those people are allowed to be in the US when they are legally requesting asylum at a port of entry.

I have lots of thoughts on this but it may be best I just keep them to myself. The Komen foundation doesn't fundraise for heart disease for a reason.

Please note that Townie is talking about a dude that tried to quote Hitler.

That's a callous response, and incorrect. Those people are allowed to be in the US when they are legally requesting asylum at a port of entry.

I'm hoping that's just ignorant naivety on your part and not calculated disingenuousness.

They aren’t being allowed to legally request asylum.

But we are moving way off the topic that was off topic anyway.

Yes I think it's problematic in more ways than one to try and brush that off as Jackson being an idiot.

no idea what you and catamount are after here

i, towniedeac, resident boards idiot, condemn the anti-semitic and hateful behavior of desean jackson

again i don't know why this is emblematic of a broader "black on jewish hatred"

Back