• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best dessert?

yeah. v disappointed whenever a key lime pie is served with that rather than whipped cream.

huh, a good merengue topping is >>> whipped cream (though I'm not a huge key lime pie guy, so I won't comment on that specific application)

but the banana pudding pie recipe from buxton hall, perfetto

merengue does nothing for me

agreed. baked alaska bottom tier dessert but it's better than any straight cookie.

a stand alone cookie is a snack. that's why Americans try to pair it with ice cream and call it dessert.

good Southern banana pudding (loaded w/ Nilla Wafers) is really tough to beat.

also among the low tier, oatmeal chocolate chip > regular chocolate chip

does not hold up as quality of ingredients improve

i didn't realize i had such strong dessert opinions but i guess living with a professional baker will do that to you

True or false, people who put nuts in cookies, brownies or ice cream are terrorists and should spend the rest of their lives in ADX Florence for their crimes?

Horseshit. Chocolate macadamia nut cookies are the best ever made, and pecans in brownies or ice cream are fantastic. Who the hell doesn't like Butter Pecan or Rocky Road ice cream? It's clear who is on the commie side of this debate.

Horseshit. Chocolate macadamia nut cookies are the best ever made, and pecans in brownies or ice cream are fantastic. Who the hell doesn't like Butter Pecan or Rocky Road ice cream? It's clear who is on the commie side of this debate.

shit now i gotta agree with 2&2 on something, fucking love me some rocky road ice cream

my sister makes ice cream sandwiches with homemade chocolate chip cookies and holy shit they are insanely good

huh, a good merengue topping is >>> whipped cream (though I'm not a huge key lime pie guy, so I won't comment on that specific application)

but the banana pudding pie recipe from buxton hall, perfetto

This is false. Good, homemade whipped cream is light years better than good merengue. Lemon merengue pie is a bottom tier dessert.

agreed. baked alaska bottom tier dessert but it's better than any straight cookie.

a stand alone cookie is a snack. that's why Americans try to pair it with ice cream and call it dessert.

don't agree at all

just had a 2 star michelin meal delivered to the house (not humble brag) with chocolate cookies as a dessert

when I think back on some of the more memorable desserts I've had from nicer restaurants, they're items that I wouldn't categorically put on my list, like snickerdoodles and cheesecake

don't agree at all

just had a 2 star michelin meal delivered to the house (not humble brag) with chocolate cookies as a dessert

the exception that proves the rule, maybe.

just because it was an option on the "nice" menu doesn't mean that was the best dessert to be had. in my experience most "nice" places - when they bring out the dessert menu - have a bunch of good shit on it and then at the bottom it's cookies and ice cream for the people who don't want any of that.

last really phenomenal dessert i had that i remember was Top of the Falls lemme see if i can pull up what i had

This is false. Good, homemade whipped cream is light years better than good merengue. Lemon merengue pie is a bottom tier dessert.

i mean i'm not eating a lemon merengue pie anyway, most pie sucks

depends on the style/kind though.. i'm heavily biased because of aforementioned buxton hall pie (they do a swiss merenge, which is almost more like a marshmallow fluff)

Rocky Road is a bottom tier ice cream. The nuts put it there, but the mallows lock it in. Ain't nobody want any of that shit.

fruit pies are bomb, what are you talking about cookout

Back