• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best dessert?

p sure the opposite of the peoples is more like Jeff Bezos

Might be in the unpopular opinion thread here, but unless it takes me to outerspace keep mushrooms off my food.

Putting it in a dessert should be a high damn crime in this country.

People would rather sound pretentious than eat things that taste palatable.

Might be in the unpopular opinion thread here, but unless it takes me to outerspace keep mushrooms off my food.

Putting it in a dessert should be a high damn crime in this country.

People would rather sound pretentious than eat things that taste palatable.

The mushroom thing sounds weird for sure, but it was truly amazing. You would never know that the sponge was made of mushrooms unless you were told.

Lol whatamount bragged about being a 1%er a few months ago

Mushrooms in dessert are pretty bonkers, agree. Mushrooms in savory dishes, especially wild mushrooms, are elite though. So many great options.

The mushroom thing sounds weird for sure, but it was truly amazing. You would never know that the sponge was made of mushrooms unless you were told.

The problem is the amount of work it probably takes to make mushrooms taste good in a desert is most likely outrageous. Easier, better, cheaper options.

I'm not ready to crown it the best dessert - but is there any dessert that can span the good/bad gamut more than tiramisu? When it is light and fluffy and the ingredients are in balance, it is so good. It basically melts in your mouth. When it is a soupy mess and/or one the ingredients overwhelms - not so good. And I assume it is not that easy to make, as you are just as likely to end up with a crappy one as a good one.

I'm not ready to crown it the best dessert - but is there any dessert that can span the good/bad gamut more than tiramisu? When it is light and fluffy and the ingredients are in balance, it is so good. It basically melts in your mouth. When it is a soupy mess and/or one the ingredients overwhelms - not so good. And I assume it is not that easy to make, as you are just as likely to end up with a crappy one as a good one.

Strong post. Too dry/cakey - bad. Too creamy/pudding-y - bad. Too much liqueur - bad. Too much/not enough coffee - bad.

Perfect combinations - elite.

Pie really is better than cake in general. I request pie for my birthday instead of cake. Usually apple or cherry.

Baked Alaska is probably the coolest dessert I’ve ever had, but I’m generally satisfied with the pedestrian stuff like giant bowls of shitty cheap ice cream, warm chocolate chip cookies or fruit pies. Not really a big sweet tooth guy anyway.

Can't find it in Kansas City though thats halfway decent but ive made my own before. A lot of work but it was delicious

I did a homemade key lime pie with homemade sweetened condensed milk and it was fucking DOPE.

Real talk, one of my favorite deserts I ever had was homemade Thai sticky rice and mango, but Tres Leches is probably my favorite

Best tiramisu ever - the late, great Bocci's in Charleston.

Used to love key lime pie, and love sour/tart things, but for some reason I don't find key lime pie to be near as good or #elite anymore. Never order it. Odd.

Cook’s country has a recipe for NC lemon pie made with saltine cracker crust. Easy to make and really delicious.

Back