• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best dessert?

I had this incredible rice pudding in Paris last year. They brought it out in a dish along with all kinds of toppings like salted caramel, nuts, various crunchy cookie things, etc, and you spooned what you wanted into your bowl and went to town.

real high quality Italian gelato is amazing. My favorite is stracciatella but if it's the real stuff almost any flavor is amazing.

Don't have time to scroll through this thread but I'm hopeful GTB dropped in with "Juice's mom's poon" as his favorite dessert.

I dont have much of a sweet tooth, but a few things stick out for me - Black Mountain Chocolate in Winston has a Goat Milk Chocolate Bar with chili pepper and ginger that is delicious. Another favorite of mine are the chocolate caramel gophers from Savannah's Candy Kitchen.

this thread has made me HUNGRY. a few for me:
1. I love ice cream and love making ice cream.
2. My final meal would absolutely include a warm brownie (without fucking nuts) and a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream
3. my favorite dessert I have ever eaten was a chocolate souffle at Jules Verne in Paris. Transcendent.

Used to love key lime pie, and love sour/tart things, but for some reason I don't find key lime pie to be near as good or #elite anymore. Never order it. Odd.

Yeah, not legit key lime will do that to you, it has an aftertaste that is off. I quit it until earlier this year when I got some from the place in Key West known for making the best and was reminded me again how much I like the good stuff

The best cookie is kitchen sink oatmeal with a glaze

The best cake is either carrot or tres leche.

And cake > pie.

And the best kitchen sink oatmeal cookies have some cayenne pepper in them.

I'm not ready to crown it the best dessert - but is there any dessert that can span the good/bad gamut more than tiramisu? When it is light and fluffy and the ingredients are in balance, it is so good. It basically melts in your mouth. When it is a soupy mess and/or one the ingredients overwhelms - not so good. And I assume it is not that easy to make, as you are just as likely to end up with a crappy one as a good one.

This thread is filled with terrible takes. This is so accurate it redeems the rest.

Last edited:
Back