• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best dessert?

I used to love pecan pie when I was a kid. Now it’s just way to sweet for me

my wife makes an amazing salted caramel pecan pie that completely changed my mind about pecan pies. like the kramer of pecan pies.

It has the kavorka

But yeah pecan pies are way too sickly sweet for me. Juice is right, it’s the corn syrup.

birthday cake generally is bad

in fact i'd go so far as to say most cake is bad

pie > cake

i'm with you on this

i go cheesecake > pie > cake, but few things beat out a good pie, and none of those things are fucking cake you goddamn rubes

look if you're going to sling around this bullshit "cheesecake > pie" take you'd best not be calling other people rubes. cheesecake is for fat rednecks and trump supporters

In order for me

Key Lime Pie
Peach Cobbler
Apple Crisp

My wife also makes a white chocolate cheesecake with a raspberry sauce that is pretty amazing.

Honorable mention to banana creme pie.

cherry pie is for the poors. Cherry cobbler is where it's at. I'm a huge fan of lemony desserts, I will take a nice lemon curd pie with or without meringue.

Wow, surprised to see the bread putting love. Seems like a lot of people hate it. But there's this warm bread pudding made with bourbon, peaches, and golden raisins (served with vanilla ice cream of course) that might be my #1. Warm salted caramel brownie way up there too.

as opposed to all the cold bread pudding you see served nowhere to no one?

I mean I get if you don't like shortbread cookies. It's basically all butter. I love me some shortbread cookies and I love pecan sandies. Textural contrast is great. I don't need everything to be one note.

it's just called shortbread, not shortbread cookies.

cake>pie people suck

also if we could spell meringue correctly for the rest of this thread that would be nice

I had that, it was really fucking good. Was it one of their servings? We went on NYE right before they closed.

I have stories upon stories about the guy that ran it. Insanely good chef, emphasis on insane. But man Rogue24 was great

RJ Cooper does seem like quite the personality. He has a place in Nashville now.

The floor for apple pie is not that low. The apple + cinnamon + sugar combo is pretty hard to jack up too badly. I’m certainly not turning down a fresh (er freshly microwaved) warm McDs apple pie.

Also cheesecake is technically a pie so RSF can vote pie > cake with a clean conscience.

Really depends on where I am, but some of the best desserts I've had are key lime pie in Key West, authentic gelato in Milan and an amazing chocolate five ways (gelato, fudge, white chocolate rolled up into what looked like a pencil, melted chocolate caramel and chocolate powder all presented together) at a place in Edinburgh.

I'm definitely more of a chocolate guy though - the only dessert I'll eat that doesn't have chocolate is key lime pie.

My family loves this kinda white trash dessert called eclair cake. Anyone had it? Graham crackers, pudding/cool whip mix and chocolate frosting. Incredible.

My go-to drive thru dessert is Chick Fil A chocolate chip cookie crumbled into an ice cream cup

I make an awesome kale-anchovy-grapefruit cheesecake. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Back