• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best dessert?

My family loves this kinda white trash dessert called eclair cake. Anyone had it? Graham crackers, pudding/cool whip mix and chocolate frosting. Incredible.

yeah, but we don't call it cake

I know it makes me a ten year old but I ride with cookie cakes. Cookies and ice cream is also fucking legit.

RJ Cooper does seem like quite the personality. He has a place in Nashville now.

He is definitely that. He would sit with us at Rogue most nights we were in there (we went a lot) and would usually end up getting obliterated at our table. He had a significant drinking problem and a nasty temper to go with it. From talking to the staff over the years, everyone liked him as a person but he was incredibly difficult to work with/for. I really do miss Rogue though. We always had a great time in there and became really close with a number of the staff. Even thought it's been a few years, we still see a number of them at places across town and usually end up getting some pretty decent hookups.

My family loves this kinda white trash dessert called eclair cake. Anyone had it? Graham crackers, pudding/cool whip mix and chocolate frosting. Incredible.

The place where I often go for the Sunday brunch buffet (not a white trash kind of place but not upscale) does a killer job with that. He has it often so it must be popular with his crowd. One of my wife's favorites.

You know what really grinds my gears ? When I've gone out to eat and had a big meal and finished all my wine and other drinks and I'm ready to ask for the check and the server comes by and asks if anyone would like dessert and five people say "NO," but one damn person decides they need to see the dessert menu. I am full, I am finished eating, and I am ready to move on to the next stage of the evening. I do not want to sit here for another half hour while you eat your Heath bar cheesecake with caramel drizzle.

Actually was coming here to say I had this recently and loved it. Not sure why it would be considered white trash though....

Actually was coming here to say I had this recently and loved it. Not sure why it would be considered white trash though....

Probably the wrong characterization but meant something along the lines of a poor man’s version of a higher end dessert.

You know what really grinds my gears ? When I've gone out to eat and had a big meal and finished all my wine and other drinks and I'm ready to ask for the check and the server comes by and asks if anyone would like dessert and five people say "NO," but one damn person decides they need to see the dessert menu. I am full, I am finished eating, and I am ready to move on to the next stage of the evening. I do not want to sit here for another half hour while you eat your Heath bar cheesecake with caramel drizzle.

tag: Biff's wife is stalling

A good dirt cake is an elite white trash dessert. Keep the gummy worms for the little kids though. Don't want fruit flavored chewy corn syrup with my delicious chocolate cake/pudding/cream.

it's not a cake at all

it alternates layers of graham crackers, pudding/whipped cream, and chocolate

here's the one my mom made growing up:

Line a 9x9 pan with graham crackers. Prepare 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding, using 1 ½ cups cold milk. Fold 1 cup coolwhip into pudding. Pour ½ over graham crackers then put another layer of graham crackers, pudding then graham crackers.

Frosting: melt 3 Tbsp. butter, stir in 2 T. cocoa. Add 1 ½ cups powdered sugar – makes crumbs. Beat in 1 egg. Mixture should be pourable like a glaze (not runny). If runny, add more sugar. Pour over frosting.

Chill.

it's not a cake at all

it alternates layers of graham crackers, pudding/whipped cream, and chocolate

here's the one my mom made growing up:

Line a 9x9 pan with graham crackers. Prepare 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding, using 1 ½ cups cold milk. Fold 1 cup coolwhip into pudding. Pour ½ over graham crackers then put another layer of graham crackers, pudding then graham crackers.

Frosting: melt 3 Tbsp. butter, stir in 2 T. cocoa. Add 1 ½ cups powdered sugar – makes crumbs. Beat in 1 egg. Mixture should be pourable like a glaze (not runny). If runny, add more sugar. Pour over frosting.

Chill.

well an icebox cake isn't a cake in the traditional sense, but it does sound similar. Alton Brown did an episode on them on his relaunched Good Eats.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/good-eats/episodes/let-them-eat-icebox-cake

A similar...cheap dessert is cookie pie. Graham cracker pie crust in which you layer milk dipped chips ahoy and cool whip. Maybe switch it up by making one with dipped Oreos as well. Who’s going to turn that down? No one.

Hm I should have refreshed the thread before posting. I missed those several recent posts saying the exact same kind of thing.

Not sure if this counts as dessert, but I love a good doughnut. My sister just moved from Shreveport which for some reason has a glut of excellent doughnut shops. And there's this one that does a big king cake doughnut at Mardi Gras time that is amazing.

I really good Cherry crumble or cobbler with vanilla ice cream is pretty good.

brownie a la mode. A classic and maybe boring for the thread, but give me that all day long

I am doing keto right now, so fuck my life

Back